Windows 10: gb used

Discus and support gb used in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My system seems to be a little high on GB used (92) for what is installed. What should be the average usage?: 17404 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by robert, Aug 18, 2015.

1. robert Win User

gb used

My system seems to be a little high on GB used (92) for what is installed. What should be the average usage?:

:)

robert, Aug 18, 2015
  2. GB-GB Win User

windows 10 start button. (get-appxpackage also not working in powershell)

Crantex, thank you so much for posting this. I've been battling with 1709 update blues for over two weeks with many of the same symptoms as you and have tried all the usual solutions with no success.

Oddest thing was being able to run so much in Safe Mode (but no start button, or Cortana or ability to get to Settings), but everything was so slow. It would run(crawl) in normal mode but even slower) - I'm talking 8+ hours to get to a desktop, 4 hours for
    file explorer to come up.

This solution however kicked things in to life. I have a suspicion the Tile database is still corrupt still, but I can now tackle that more sensibly. I fully support asking Mr Microsoft to provide a fix - or better still provide an 1709 update that does
    not cause the corruption in the first place...

GB-GB, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Storage Usage: 22.1 GB used by Other

I tried following the instructions but there are files that I can't find like the 'Previous Windows Installations'.

ChristineIv, Aug 18, 2015
  4. gb used

If you did a default upgrade to Windows 10 then you'll have a Windows.old folder. Check to see how big that folder is.

MaximRecoil, Aug 18, 2015
  5. robert Win User
    Win.old has been removed (deleted)

robert, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

gb used

1. gb used - Similar Threads - used

2. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  3. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  4. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  5. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  6. I can't connect anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  7. I can't connect anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

I can't connect anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  8. I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  9. I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  10. Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use recent locations list to change directories: Several times per day, Windows Explorer will have a problem where I can show the list of recent locations by pressing Ctrl+L or clicking the address bar, but when I try to click one of the locations or type one manually, it does nothing. There is no consistency in what I'm...