Windows 10: GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL - Seems Unstable?

Discus and support GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL - Seems Unstable? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an older PC running Windows 10 winver 1511. I couldn't do the November 2015 update from the previous version of Windows 10, so I did a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jaxxxx, Jun 4, 2016.

1. jaxxxx Win User

GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL - Seems Unstable?

I have an older PC running Windows 10 winver 1511. I couldn't do the November 2015 update from the previous version of Windows 10, so I did a clean install. All worked out okay, just had to mess around with Creative Labs to finally get the audio drivers working properly. I also have a partitioned drive, with Windows 7 SP1, Enterprise Version. That works very well still, of course MS is forcing me to update that to Windows 10, but I rather keep it on the partitioned drive since I have Windows 10 already.

My question: I have installed the latest Nvidia drivers,
    GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL

I feel or it seems the driver is a bit unstable. Every now and then, I see the monitor turn opposite colors when I click on a certain function, usually something that takes up too much resources, being this has an old CPU - Intel D 2.8 GHz. When I had the previous version of Nvidia drivers for the older version of Windows 10 (the first version), I never experienced the unstable-ness I do now. I almost feel the PC is at the point where I am going to get the blue screen of death! But in all my work I do on here, it is working well, other than every now and then, this blinking of the monitor, real fast, and then back to normal. All OS files are clean, install is clean, scan shows nothing but healthy. I also had the PC shutting off on its own after 10 minutes or so, but I think I solved that issue, as it doesn't, so far, do it anymore.

Should I uninstall the latest Nvidia Driver for the GeForce 9400 GT card, and use an older version, the last version, that still supported by Windows 10, or just ignore this and pray this PC lasts a bit? I'm really on a bad budget now, I cannot afford a new PC, at least a new one that has a discreet Nvidia graphics card with a decent i5 or i7 core processor. So I need to use this PC and my laptop, which works perfect, even though the laptop too is old, and has a partitioned drive, Windows 8.1 (works flawlessly) and the older Windows 10 version. By the way, all my versions of Windows (All 4 on 2 machines) are PRO, except Enterprise of Windows 7 on this PC. All of the PCs came from Windows XP SP3 originally.

I hope I am making some sense? Maybe just ignore it and wait till another update or version is released from Windows 10 and Nvidia? Don't install a driver that is about 6 months old?

Isn't it amazing though, these PCs are still running rather well with the latest OS and software?
    The Desktop has a 64 bit architecture (ready) but I dare not use 64 bit Windows because all my cards and hardware will probably not work, correct? It is sad to have 6 GB's of RAM installed on the PC when only 3.24 can be used.

:)

jaxxxx, Jun 4, 2016

2. Will Windows fix their update feature for drivers?

No I meant which Operating System version & build, and what computer type as well?

If I search Drivers | GeForce for the latest Geforce GTX260 WHQL drivers (I have assumed that you are using Windows 10 & a 64bit system and US drivers) I see Nvidia
    GeForce 341.95 dated March 16. 2016? Not January 1. 2016? This driver version is the same for 200M series for notebooks.

Davy-Delliott, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Paul R NZ Win User
    Microsoft Edge not working properley after Windows 10 August Anniversary Update

I beginning to believe its the display driver. It crashed tonight, even though it was the latest driver 341.95 for NIVIDA GeForce 315 Graphics card. It reverted to Windows basic display driver, as the GeForce driver failed. I re-downloaded the driver (manually
    - GeForce 341.95 Driver WHQL) from the NIVIDA site, and re-installed it. The display driver is now working again, but the Edge Browser is still not fully functioning, so I am fully expecting my display driver to fail again at some stage.

Had Look at the NIVIDA website there does not appear to be a direct communication with the company. So if anyone in Microsoft knows anyone in NIVIDA, I think you may need to talk, because I don't think Windows 10 Anniversary OS, and NIVIDA graphic software
    are totally in harmony with each other.

Where do I go from here?

Out of curiosity, for those who commented they were having the same problem, are you running a NIVIDA graphics card and GeForce software?

Paul R NZ, Jun 4, 2016
  4. NovHak Win User

Imho, the questions you should ask yourself before going 64-bit are :
    • Is the OS truly 64-bit ready ?
    • Does the hardware have 64-bit drivers available ?
    I can answer to the first question : yes. XP 64 is far away now *chuckle

Now to the hardware : it should be no problem for the 9400 GT since Nvidia has a 64-bit driver available. I don't know for the rest, but some old hardware may be missing such drivers.

EDIT :
    OP has a legacy Geforce 9400 GT, which is unsupported by 368.22. I would not try it personally, as it likely would do nothing at best, and become a mess at worst. 341.95 must be a different branch now...

NovHak, Jun 4, 2016
  5. jaxxxx Win User
    Yea, I get that, I know 64 bit XP is VERY old, basically was asking if being I sense some stability issues on the graphics end, should I install the older version of Nvidia Graphics drivers that was released back in November 2015 when Windows 10 did their last major update to winver 1511?

If I did download a 64 bit Windows 10 version now on this PC, the CPU would support it, but the rest of my hardware would not, too bad though, I get a better running machine, even though it is old. This PC was very well maintained by me, and still chugs along very well all things considered. I just am concerned with this little bit of instability with the graphics drivers...

GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL  - Seems Unstable? [​IMG]

jaxxxx, Jun 4, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Welcome, you do have an older system and it can be many other reasons besides the driver doing this it can even be hardware or other drivers and software.

Make sure you received all Windows updates after a clean install before diagnosing problems, chances your system has no new system drivers from the manufacturer, but may get them from Windows.

jds63, Jun 4, 2016
  7. jaxxxx Win User
    Very true, and thanks for the welcome.

I did make sure all is up to date, both Windows and all drivers on all my hardware. I have seen others who have a similar system like mine, or a similar graphics card - who express the same issues, especially the timing out or shutting off the display on its own after 5-10 minutes in idle, or at higher ended video usage. It could be I am - at times (when I have several tasks running) that I am maxing out my resources and when I click on a new task, I am at the limit, but it is odd, I didn't have this experience before updating to the latest Nvidia drivers, and also, on the other end of my partition, Windows 7, that works flawlessly. I just don't like Windows 7 anymore, GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL  - Seems Unstable? :)

Darn - wish I could just up and buy a new Gigabyte or MSI with a neat new 1000 series Nvidia card, an I7 skylake, with 16 GBs of DDR4... Oh boy, am I dreaming! GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL  - Seems Unstable? :)

jaxxxx, Jun 4, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

Say the driver right before 341.95 works fine you have no issues at all then ?

jds63, Jun 4, 2016
  9. jaxxxx Win User
    Yes, but that was with the older version of Windows 10. I waited to install 1511 because I could get the darn update to run after 32 percent. So I finally ruined all my apps and did a clean install. But yes, before this latest version of GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL, it worked perfect!

jaxxxx, Jun 4, 2016
  10. jaxxxx Win User
    I could NOT get to update to 1511, I meant, so I did a clean install on a partitioned drive.

jaxxxx, Jun 4, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    Option one here has the latest ISO you can use rather then hassling with the update process or media creation tool option.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

Good to have the ISO anyway but might mean doing another clean install on that partition. Wondering with the media creation tool if can update it have to look again or think about that. New version is version 1511 - 10586.318
    Matters what disc you are using too, what version it is.

jds63, Jun 4, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    What older version 10240 ?

jds63, Jun 4, 2016
  13. NovHak Win User

Maybe you could try installing the Geforce 341.95 driver for Vista/7/8/8.1 instead ? Some people initially had problems with Nvidia's Win10 drivers and reverted to the ones for their previous system. Maybe some problems have not been ironed out of the Win10 version of this driver... In case you give it a try, I advise that you perform a custom install and check the "New install" checkbox.

Maybe the 64-bit version of the Win10 driver would work better too, but that would require that you reinstall Windows of course, with the risks mentioned before (no 64-bit drivers for some hardware).

NovHak, Jun 4, 2016
  14. jaxxxx Win User
    yes

jaxxxx, Jun 4, 2016
  15. jds63 Win User
    341.95 is the correct driver for his card and Windows 10 i know some do have issues with them. He has tried the ones before it, it seems to lie with version of windows 10 as said so far. Have to read back if he has installed the OS 64bit version.

jds63, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

1. GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL - Seems Unstable? - Similar Threads - GeForce 341 Driver

2. NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V441.66 FOR NOTEBOOKS AND DESKTOPS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V441.66 FOR NOTEBOOKS AND DESKTOPS...: On 11-12-2019 Nvidia company has released the new Geforce DCH & STANDARD whql driver v441.66 for Windows 10 64 bit only On 11-12-2019 I successfully installed the latest driver via another special method on windows 10 64bit 1909 build no 18363.476 I would recommend you...
  3. NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE HOTFIX DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V431.18 FOR NOTEBOOKS AND...

NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE HOTFIX DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V431.18 FOR NOTEBOOKS AND...: On 21-06-2019 Nvidia company has released the new GeForce hotfix DCH & STANDARD whql driver v431.18, for Windows 10 64 bit only for builtin Nvidia notebooks or desktop graphics cards. 22-06-2019, afternoon , I successfully installed latest driver via another special...
  4. NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V430.64 FOR NOTEBOOKS AND DESKTOPS...

NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V430.64 FOR NOTEBOOKS AND DESKTOPS...: On 09-05-2019 Nvidia company has released the new GeForce DCH & STANDARD whql driver v430.64, for Windows 10 64 bit only for builtin Nvidia notebooks graphics cards. Starting with the release of 425.31 driver , nvidia developer settings has been introduced for...
  5. NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V430.39 FOR NOTEBOOKS TO WINDOWS...

NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V430.39 FOR NOTEBOOKS TO WINDOWS...: On 23-04-2019 Nvidia company has released the new GeForce DCH & STANDARD whql driver v430.39, for Windows 10 64 bit only for builtin Nvidia notebooks graphics cards. Starting with the release of 425.31 driver , nvidia developer settings has been introduced for...
  6. NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V425.31 FOR NOTEBOOKS TO WINDOWS...

NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V425.31 FOR NOTEBOOKS TO WINDOWS...: On 25-03-2019 Nvidia company has released the new GeForce DCH & STANDARD whql driver v425.31, for Windows 10 64 bit only for builtin Nvidia notebooks graphics cards. Starting with the release of 425.31 driver , nvidia developer settings has been introduced for...
  7. NVIDIA RELEASED SPECIAL CREATOR READY DRIVER (CRD) GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER...

NVIDIA RELEASED SPECIAL CREATOR READY DRIVER (CRD) GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER...: On 20-03-2019 Nvidia company has released the special driver which is called the nvidia creator ready driver (CRD) for GeForce DCH & STANDARD whql driver v419.67 for Windows 10 64 bit only for builtin Nvidia notebooks graphics cards. I would recommend you to install the...
  8. NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD HOTFIX WHQL DRIVER V425.11 FOR NOTEBOOKS TO...

NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD HOTFIX WHQL DRIVER V425.11 FOR NOTEBOOKS TO...: On 27-03-2019 Nvidia company has released the new GeForce DCH & STANDARD hotfix whql driver v425.11, for Windows 10 64 bit only for builtin Nvidia notebooks and desktop graphics cards. I would recommend you to install the customized certified driver created for your...
  9. NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V419.35 FOR NOTEBOOKS TO WINDOWS...

NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V419.35 FOR NOTEBOOKS TO WINDOWS...: On 05-03-2019 Nvidia company has released the new GeForce DCH & STANDARD whql driver v419.35, for Windows 10 64 bit only for builtin Nvidia notebooks graphics cards. Starting with the release of 419.17 driver , nvidia developer settings has been introduced for...
  10. NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V418.81 FOR DESKTOPS TO WINDOWS...

NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V418.81 FOR DESKTOPS TO WINDOWS...: On 04-02-2019 Nvidia company has released the new GeForce DCH & STANDARD whql driver v417.71, for windows 10 64 bit only for Nvidia desktops graphics cards. I would you to recommend install customized certified driver created for your model by your desktop graphics...