Windows 10: general buggy performance (then it stopped)

Discus and support general buggy performance (then it stopped) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; got the 1803 update a few days ago and was slammed with sluggish response and the changed up background screen, i did the normal shut down and restart,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dmesal, May 25, 2018.

1. dmesal Win User

general buggy performance (then it stopped)

got the 1803 update a few days ago and was slammed with sluggish response and the changed up background screen, i did the normal shut down and restart, restart, restart, check for updates re-check and recheck again then I, of all things cleaned out previous win installs and all problems seem to have stopped.

just info for others

the clean-out sys restore and all took a long time but was worth it

DME

:)

dmesal, May 25, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Email, contacts, store etc... stops to work

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands in the given order and press Enter
      key after each command.

1. net stop wuauserv

2. rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old

3. net start wuauserv

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

After performing the above steps, I suggest you to try installing all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 25, 2018
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• general buggy performance (then it stopped) [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, May 25, 2018
Thema:

general buggy performance (then it stopped)

1. general buggy performance (then it stopped) - Similar Threads - general buggy performance

2. General questions about configuring laptop for the best performance.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    General questions about configuring laptop for the best performance.: Hi all, I had some questions regarding improvements in my computer, specifically for gaming, even though my laptop is not suited to do so all that much. However, until I can upgrade, which will be quite some time, I was looking to get the absolute best gaming experience I...
  3. Valorant is buggy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Valorant is buggy: So when I'm playing valorant in windowed mode and I try to shoot, sometimes it makes my cursor show up (like I changed windows) and I can't move or shoot. When I go into fullscreen and I turn and shoot or hold shoot, it just makes me go to my desktop. I basically can't play....
  4. Performance issues, Buggy Interface.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance issues, Buggy Interface.: Hello I was having serious performance issues with my with my Pavilion gaming windows laptop recently after I had the motherboard replaced. Mouse lags, slow response times.These also used to occur earlier. Black screen used to flash after opening an app. The laptop also got...
  5. "Buggy" Translantion in Taskmanager for the Dutch language tab "performance" is either...

"Buggy" Translantion in Taskmanager for the Dutch language tab "performance" is either...: Running latest Windows 10 including 20H2 update, and all recommended updates applied: [ATTACH] In the options menu it is possible to set the default tab to open. The list mentions "Processen, Uitvoering, App-geschiedenis, Opstarten, Gebruikers, Details, Services." Yes in...
  6. Buggy monitor

Buggy monitor: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]I have a Dell XP-13 9300 laptop that is a few months old. Since I often use my laptop as a desktop, I keep the lid closed and look at my attached monitor rather than the laptop screen. To do this I have chosen these Windows...
  7. Enabling HDR messes up the general performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling HDR messes up the general performance: Soo, after installing Win 2004, enabling HDR messes up the performance heavily. The FPS and the Frametimes are going crazy. Games running without HDR enabled (Windows HDR Setting) are rock stable with 60fps. After enabling its just jumping always somewhere between 40 and...
  8. Blue Screens of Death and General Performance Issues recently

Blue Screens of Death and General Performance Issues recently: I searched how to check what might be causing this BSOD problem and apparently the below images might show the causes? https://gyazo.com/dca3dbb3551e073567718c8ea0e92230 https://gyazo.com/9348e694e1f96466346bb8693727cd04 https://gyazo.com/728799953e3c4c7a1ce83d1477d6c117...
  9. April update general performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    April update general performance: I have the latest update and notice that loading times on any browser have slowed to a crawl even Edge.Anyone else have this problem ? 109568
  10. General bad performance and IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

General bad performance and IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Since doing a clean install with 10 I have had many performance issues from explorer being slow, context menus slow, start menu not working, and so forth. CHKDSK and SFC /SCANNOW return normal results. I also have a lot of issues with my video driver kernel crashing abd...