Windows 10: General Windows 10 Questions

Discus and support General Windows 10 Questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since new to Windows 10 I have some general questions. I backed up the "User" accounts folder (mine & my wife's) on an external hard drive before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mccoady, Aug 11, 2015.

1. mccoady Win User

General Windows 10 Questions

Since new to Windows 10 I have some general questions. I backed up the "User" accounts folder (mine & my wife's) on an external hard drive before I upgraded from 64 bit Windows 7 to 10.

1. Don't quite understand why there is both a "This PC" & Local Disk C. Both seem to have the same folders?

2. I want to copy my backed up iTunes folder to Windows 10. Since the iTunes folder is available from both "This PC" & Local Disk C file path will it matter which one I choose to replace with my backed up iTunes folder? I don't want to confuse iTunes and it not know where my files are.

3. I copied & pasted all my wife's photos from my external drive into "Pictures" on Windows 10. Why did I end up with all these extra folders which appear to be associated with the external drive... I've never had that happen before? It doesn't give me the option to delete either, anything I can do about this?

4. Within Windows 10 "Picture" folder it has a "Camera Roll" & Saved Pictures folder. When transferring your pictures into this folder should they just be dumped into the general folder or go into the "Saved Pictures" folder?

:)

mccoady, Aug 11, 2015

2. Start Button not doing anything Windows 10 plus calculator not working

The problem is that we cannot use the start button on Windows 10.

In such a case, how are we supposed to utilize method 1 and method 2 when you refer to the usage of the same button in order to run these commands: sfc scan and DISM?

I used method 3 to no avail.

Please let me know.

Kind regards.

Windows 10 Questions, Aug 11, 2015
  3. General question

Thank you. I do agree with your view that there are many here who should not attempt complicated operations. I'm hoping that by stressing excellence it will attract more enthusiasts who no longer have their own stellar forums as in Windows 7. Clearing
    the complainer rabble after Upgrades should help settle things down to a better learning experience for all levels.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

1. The C: drive is pretty much a Folder under This PC but was much the same in earlier versions of Windows with My Computer, same thing just different name.

2. To avoid that confusion scroll down in File Explorer [renamed from Windows Explorer] to Users then to your name/logon then again down to Music. iTunes usually stores their Folder in that one. Looking at the This PC shows what may be considered as the Libraries above the C: drive, usually just a shortcut or pointer to the actual files for the logged-on user.

3 & 4. Might be similar to 2.

Berton, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. General Windows 10 Questions - Similar Threads - General Questions

2. I have general questions and about various Windows apps my 1st Dual Drive PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have general questions and about various Windows apps my 1st Dual Drive PC: I am not new to computers... however this is my first dual drive and it is kind of confusing me as to how things are or should be and Or how best to download, store and organize things.I recently had to reinstall my OS to help fix some issues and it got me thinking about how...
  3. I have general questions and about various Windows apps my 1st Dual Drive PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have general questions and about various Windows apps my 1st Dual Drive PC: I am not new to computers... however this is my first dual drive and it is kind of confusing me as to how things are or should be and Or how best to download, store and organize things.I recently had to reinstall my OS to help fix some issues and it got me thinking about how...
  4. Just one general question, how does an OS windows in particular accommodate such a wide...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just one general question, how does an OS windows in particular accommodate such a wide...: unlike MacOS which only has to run on Macs? Is it done by the respective hardware manufacturers by creating drivers or by Windows. If its done by Windows then what about optimization?...
  5. Just one general question, how does an OS windows in particular accommodate such a wide...

Just one general question, how does an OS windows in particular accommodate such a wide...: unlike MacOS which only has to run on Macs? Is it done by the respective hardware manufacturers by creating drivers or by Windows. If its done by Windows then what about optimization?...
  6. Some general driver inf file questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some general driver inf file questions: I'm trying to update a driver from windows 7 to windows 10. The drier will only be installed on systems with intel chips.1. Microsoft requires that the .inf file contain a NTamd64 but doesn't require a NTia64 section. Isn't NTia64 what I want, considering that it is for...
  7. Some general driver inf file questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some general driver inf file questions: I'm trying to update a driver from windows 7 to windows 10. The drier will only be installed on systems with intel chips.1. Microsoft requires that the .inf file contain a NTamd64 but doesn't require a NTia64 section. Isn't NTia64 what I want, considering that it is for...
  8. Some general driver inf file questions

9. hey i just have a general question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hey i just have a general question: so i got this option today so i was asking if i should install windows 11 now or wait for few months? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-just-have-a-general-question/a70d5c04-bb8a-4671-93ae-9cdd4eae6f21
  10. hey i just have a general question

hey i just have a general question: so i got this option today so i was asking if i should install windows 11 now or wait for few months? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-just-have-a-general-question/a70d5c04-bb8a-4671-93ae-9cdd4eae6f21