Windows 10: General Windows 10 Questions

Discus and support General Windows 10 Questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since new to Windows 10 I have some general questions. I backed up the "User" accounts folder (mine & my wife's) on an external hard drive before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mccoady, Aug 11, 2015.

1. mccoady Win User

General Windows 10 Questions

Since new to Windows 10 I have some general questions. I backed up the "User" accounts folder (mine & my wife's) on an external hard drive before I upgraded from 64 bit Windows 7 to 10.

1. Don't quite understand why there is both a "This PC" & Local Disk C. Both seem to have the same folders?

2. I want to copy my backed up iTunes folder to Windows 10. Since the iTunes folder is available from both "This PC" & Local Disk C file path will it matter which one I choose to replace with my backed up iTunes folder? I don't want to confuse iTunes and it not know where my files are.

3. I copied & pasted all my wife's photos from my external drive into "Pictures" on Windows 10. Why did I end up with all these extra folders which appear to be associated with the external drive... I've never had that happen before? It doesn't give me the option to delete either, anything I can do about this?

4. Within Windows 10 "Picture" folder it has a "Camera Roll" & Saved Pictures folder. When transferring your pictures into this folder should they just be dumped into the general folder or go into the "Saved Pictures" folder?

:)

mccoady, Aug 11, 2015

2. Start Button not doing anything Windows 10 plus calculator not working

The problem is that we cannot use the start button on Windows 10.

In such a case, how are we supposed to utilize method 1 and method 2 when you refer to the usage of the same button in order to run these commands: sfc scan and DISM?

I used method 3 to no avail.

Please let me know.

Kind regards.

Windows 10 Questions, Aug 11, 2015
  3. General question

Thank you. I do agree with your view that there are many here who should not attempt complicated operations. I'm hoping that by stressing excellence it will attract more enthusiasts who no longer have their own stellar forums as in Windows 7. Clearing
    the complainer rabble after Upgrades should help settle things down to a better learning experience for all levels.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

1. The C: drive is pretty much a Folder under This PC but was much the same in earlier versions of Windows with My Computer, same thing just different name.

2. To avoid that confusion scroll down in File Explorer [renamed from Windows Explorer] to Users then to your name/logon then again down to Music. iTunes usually stores their Folder in that one. Looking at the This PC shows what may be considered as the Libraries above the C: drive, usually just a shortcut or pointer to the actual files for the logged-on user.

3 & 4. Might be similar to 2.

Berton, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. General Windows 10 Questions - Similar Threads - General Questions

2. 3 General Questions about imaging, compression, and Hardware ID

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    3 General Questions about imaging, compression, and Hardware ID: 1. How do you actually re-image a computer using an image? Do you HAVE to have a system repair disc made? Are there any programs that make your images into .iso files so you could boot from it somehow? 2. Is there any compression when creating a system image of Windows...
  3. TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions: Hello, What a great Forum and folks. Sure do appreciate all the help I've received. Have a new HP Desktop running W10, and want to install a backup program on it. Will purchase an external HD for it. I see that: Best free backup software for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/vista -...
  4. TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    TODO Free Backup, and General Backup Questions: Hello, What a great Forum and folks. Sure do appreciate all the help I've received. Have a new HP Desktop running W10, and want to install a backup program on it. Will purchase an external HD for it. I see that: Best free backup software for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/vista -...
  5. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: I just had a general question about a setup that I have done. I built my PC and I have an M.2SSD which the os and programs are installed on. From there, I have two SSD drives which I put all the recent jobs that Im working on. From there, I have a dedicated scratch SSD that...
  6. General question

in Windows 10 Support
    General question: I'm trying to help a friend. Ever since he installed the newest Windows 10 updates all of his non-window icons have disappeared. The exe file for his antivirus is not visible (although it says it's properly installed). Something as simply as a yahoo mail app can't be found....
  7. Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 "Recovery Drive" General Questions: "A*recovery drive*can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start. A recovery drive is a USB version of a*system repair disc*with an option to include the system files to be able to also reset Windows 10 from the recovery drive." Two...
  8. General question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General question: I realize this doesn't pertain directly to Microsoft. I just trying to seek an answer. This morning I opened my computer and I haven't opened a browser. This popup was on my screen. It reads: Security Alert. Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is...
  9. General question about ffmpeg

in Windows 10 Support
    General question about ffmpeg: Hello, I am just curious and could not find an answer, so I'll ask here, please. Have some multimedia programs (video and audio) all portables. Each one has "ffmpeg,exe" in its folder. But file sizes are different: 269 kb to 448 kb, and one even 34,334 kb. Recently downloaded...
  10. USB drivers architecture general questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drivers architecture general questions: If you have two identical model USB printers plugged to the same machine, how does the printer know to print to the right one, is it based on what port the printer is plugged into or do all USB devices have unique IDs. When you plug a USB device in (E.G keyboard) if I...