Windows 10: Generalized slow down

Discus and support Generalized slow down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Over the past couple of weeks I have experienced a general slowing down of software initiation. Programs that used to be up and running in a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by W2BLC, Feb 23, 2016.

1. W2BLC Win User

Generalized slow down

Over the past couple of weeks I have experienced a general slowing down of software initiation. Programs that used to be up and running in a few seconds are now taking 20 or 25 seconds to get running. I even see delays in how Firefox operated. I see nothing in the Task Manager that waves any flags.

I have the system from a month ago on a spare SSD and booted from that. Everything is fine and runs as expected. Soon as I put he updated SSD in place and boot it - the slowdowns are back. Could this be a product of a questionable update?

Other than normal daily usage, no changes have been made to the machine.

Thoughts?

:)

W2BLC, Feb 23, 2016

2. DELETING TEMPORARY FILES IN WIN 10. SAFE?

Yes, perfectly safe to delete those temporary files. These generally slow down the system.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Buying 8 GB for Nokia 6700 classic

this phone can handle a 16 gb card so you will be fine with the 8gb only if the higher card was at maximum capacity in general yeah it would slow things down a bit

techbuzzireland, Feb 23, 2016
  4. pete1208 Win User

Generalized slow down

Maybe you have more than one anti-virus running (windows defender + 3rd party). You can disable windows defender.

Try using resource monitor to see what's using up system resources.

pete1208, Feb 25, 2016
  5. W2BLC Win User
    Reinstall fixed it. And, no nothing showed any place and only Defender is used.

W2BLC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Generalized slow down

1. Generalized slow down - Similar Threads - Generalized slow down

2. General slowness and greater frame drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    General slowness and greater frame drops: Hey,I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. I had never faced this issue but there are a significant frame drops. This doesn't just happen when I game, but happens when I'm casually using my laptop for other purposes. The frame interval is around 10, as I...
  3. General slowness and greater frame drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    General slowness and greater frame drops: Hey,I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. I had never faced this issue but there are a significant frame drops. This doesn't just happen when I game, but happens when I'm casually using my laptop for other purposes. The frame interval is around 10, as I...
  4. Slowing down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slowing down: Can anyone really explain what slows down your computer over time? I have a couple windows 10 machines in my home and both are slowing down so much its frustrating. They take 10-20 minutes to start up and become useable. Once started they both suffer from long bouts of "not...
  5. Slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slowing down: Hi My computer is really slowing down and is hanging alot even folders are not responding Pls help Regards Asmeet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slowing-down/6b4cf77d-627d-4948-8775-a4bc687af8c8
  6. Laptop slowed down

Laptop slowed down: I installed the last Windows update and the laptop has slowed down a lot - now I often get the 'not responding '' and there is a long delay between the moment I type on the keyboard and the moment it appears on the screen this happens especially with Facebook, but not...
  7. Slowing Down

Slowing Down: Hopefully, we can come up with an option other than reinstalling windows. I'm using Windows 10 on a custom-built computer and it's been about 2 years since it was originally installed on this particular machine. We don't do anything interesting with this machine. All of what...
  8. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  9. Windows slow - general

Windows slow - general: Hi I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to update from 1709 to 1803. General use is not as snappy as it once was. Using Home version with SSD. If I double click This PC,...
  10. Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset

Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset: Hi! Happy to be on this forum! I used to have an account associated with windows vista a long time ago, so I know these forums can be a great help! I am running into issues with my small laptop (HP 14inch Stream) and would highly appreciate your help and advice! It...