Windows 10: Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10

Discus and support Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 How to Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 [img] Information A system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Cliff S New Member

Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10

How to: Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10

How to Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10

Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A system diagnostics report is a part of Performance Monitor that details the status of local hardware resources, system response times, and processes on the local computer along with system information and configuration data. This report includes suggestions for ways to maximize performance and streamline system operations.

When the report is generated, you will see a list of: the status of any critical components on the computer, whether or not the problem has been detected, and any possible solutions you can try. This can be a very useful tool for troubleshooting problems and for a great source of information on your system.

Each category shown in a system diagnostics report can be expanded by clicking on the button on the far right. Categories include:
    • System Diagnostics Report - Displays title, computer name, date and time the report was collected, and duration to generate the report.
    • Diagnostic Results - Shows you warnings for errors and basic system checks, and gives a resource overview of performance.
      • The Warning area will display different warning and informational events. Device and Service failures are also displayed. There are hyperlinks that you can use to get additional information about resolving issues. You can also expand each of the sections under the Basic System Checks section to get more details.
      • The Performance area provides process-level detail about the top consumers of resources for CPU, Disk, Network and Memory. If there are any performance related issues, the status indicator would change, and you would need to expand out the relevant section in the report for the component that reported a problem.
    • Software Configuration - Checks on the OS, Security Center, system services and data on start-up programs.
    • Hardware Configuration - Checks on the disks, system, desktop rating (Windows Experience Index), BIOS, devices, interactive session processes, logged on users and user accounts.
    • CPU - Includes checks and information on processor, CPU unit type, CPU interrupts, services and system.
    • Network - Includes checks and information on outbound and inbound traffic.
    • Disk - Includes checks and information on hot files (those causing the most disk IOs), disk breakdown, physical disk and NTFS performance.
    • Memory - Includes checks and information on process and counters.
    • Report Statistics - Displays details about the computer information, files, and processed events.
    This tutorial will show you how generate and view a system diagnostics report in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to generate and view a system diagnostics report.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Generate and View a System Diagnostics Report using a Command
    • Option Two: To Generate a System Diagnostics Report in Performance Monitor
    • Option Three: To View a System Diagnostics Report in Performance Monitor

OPTION ONE [/i] To Generate and View a System Diagnostics Report using a Command
    1. Open Run (Win+R) or a command prompt, type the command below, and press Enter.
    *Arrow perfmon /report
    2. This report will now start collecting data for 60 seconds. It may take up to an additional 60 seconds for the report to be generated. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, the system diagnostics report will now be displayed for you to review. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Generate a System Diagnostics Report in Performance Monitor
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type perfmon into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Performance Monitor.

2. Expand open Data Collector Sets and System in the left pane of Performance Monitor, right click press and hold on System Diagnostics, and click/tap on Start. (see screenshot below)

3. This report will now start collecting data for 60 seconds. It may take up to an additional 60 seconds for the report to be generated. (see screenshots below)

4. When finished, you can view the system diagnostics report using Option Three below. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To View a System Diagnostics Report in Performance Monitor
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type perfmon into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Performance Monitor.

2. Expand open Reports, System, and System Diagnostics in the left pane of Performance Monitor. (see screenshot below)

3. Under System Diagnostics, click/tap on a report that was created (collected) on the date and time you want to view.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Apr 14, 2017

2. system diagnostic report broken after KB3140768

I use the performance monitor system diagnostic report. It collects data for 60 seconds then generates a report. After installing update KB3140768 performance monitor does not generate the system diagnostic report correctly.

bmxjumperc, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    My PC freezes with 100% disk usage. Bios also.

As well as the checks in Andre's link, here is another place to look for clues and possible answers

USE WIN10 SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC REPORT TO GATHER TROUBLESHOOTING INFO

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-use...

Windows 10 comes with another tool, called System Diagnostic Report, which is a part of Performance Monitor. It can display the status of hardware resources, system response times, and processes on your computer, along with system information and configuration
    data. The neat trick with the System Diagnostic Report is that you can use it to gather troubleshooting information while the problem is occurring.

IS YOUR PC RUNNING SMOOTHLY? MAKE SURE WITH A SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS REPORT – PERFORMANCE MONITOR – PERFMON /REPORT

http://www.howtogeek.com/260564/is-your-pc-runn...

The Performance Monitor is one of many useful tools buried deep in Windows. It can generate a System Diagnostics Report with information about problems and suggestions of how to fix them. If your computer isn’t performing well or is experiencing another problem,
    this quick report might be able to help.

Rohn007, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

I finally fixed a problem.
    The DRAM tweaking service in MSI Command Center(MSIDDRService.exe) was getting errors that showed up MANY times a day in Reliability History.
    I only used it to turn up the fans, and didn't use it anyhow for OCing(Steve & Doug taught me it's better to overclock through BIOS than software inside of Windows), so I just created a slightly more aggressive fan curve for temps over 65°C in BIOS, then uninstalled Command Center*Smile

Now no more Red Lights

Cliff S, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Generate System Diagnostics

2. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  3. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  4. System Power Report only showing Report Generated event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Power Report only showing Report Generated event: Something very weird is happening. I can't find any solution or similar occurrences online.When I run the sleepstudy report using: powercfg sleepstudy in cmd admin, I get the report.The report is only showing one event, which is Report Generated.If I go to event viewer, I can...
  5. System Power Report only showing Report Generated event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Power Report only showing Report Generated event: Something very weird is happening. I can't find any solution or similar occurrences online.When I run the sleepstudy report using: powercfg sleepstudy in cmd admin, I get the report.The report is only showing one event, which is Report Generated.If I go to event viewer, I can...
  6. Cannot generate system health report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot generate system health report: Hi, I wonder why system health report always stuck on this page, and how to solve this issue. [ATTACH] Thanks very much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-generate-system-health-report/63b00983-481d-438d-9dde-ab9c601a4919
  7. How to Respond to This System Diagnostic Report?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Respond to This System Diagnostic Report?: I ran the System Diagnostics Report that is generated in Computer Management under Performance--Data Collector Sets--System—System Diagnostics. Here is a screenshot summary of the results (the full System Diagnostic Report is 123 pages long). My system appears to be...
  8. Generate System Performance Report in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generate System Performance Report in Windows 10: How to: Generate System Performance Report in Windows 10 How to Generate System Performance Report in Windows 10 [img] Information A system performance report is a part of Performance Monitor that details the status of local hardware resources, system response times,...
  9. Generate System Sleep Diagnostics Report in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generate System Sleep Diagnostics Report in Windows 10: How to: Generate System Sleep Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 How to Generate a System Sleep Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 A System Sleep Diagnostics generates a report of intervals when the user was not present (idle) over the last three or specified days on the...
  10. Generate Sleep Study Report in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generate Sleep Study Report in Windows 10: How to: Generate Sleep Study Report in Windows 10 How to Generate a Sleep Study Report in Windows 10 A sleep state. A Sleep Study generates a report of connected standby (aka: "InstantGo" and "Modern Standby") quality over the last three days on the system....