Windows 10: Generic PnP Monitor causing low resolution and refresh rates

Discus and support Generic PnP Monitor causing low resolution and refresh rates in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, This problem is driving me absolutely crazy. I have a gift PC with a totally fresh Windows 10 install. I junked my old computer and plugged the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by biggooz, Jun 2, 2016.

1. biggooz Win User

Generic PnP Monitor causing low resolution and refresh rates

Hi,

This problem is driving me absolutely crazy. I have a gift PC with a totally fresh Windows 10 install. I junked my old computer and plugged the new PC into my old monitor. And that's when the problems started. Now, before you jump down my throat, I have a NVIDIA GeForce 520 graphics card running driver version 368.22 (the one that came out last week). It's not the graphics card. And on my old PC, this monitor (LG Flatron L1910B) ran at 1600x1200 @ 75 Hz. Now, with a far more powerful graphics card, I'm only getting 1280x1024 @ 60 Hz.

The problem is definitely this stupid Generic PnP Monitor driver. I have looked all over the place, but I can't seem to find a L1910B digital driver. I'm at wits end. There has to be a solution to this that isn't "buy a new monitor", right????

-Ali

:)

biggooz, Jun 2, 2016

2. How can I change the resolution of the Generic pnp monitor?

I want to automate browser test on a windows, and the machine has no physical monitor.

I use ssh to execute automation commands on this windows desktop remotely, and it uses the Generic pnp monitor by default.

The problem is the resolution of the Generic pnp monitor is too low, 1024x768, which is not enough to hold a browser for normal use, so many web elements are out of visible area and the tests can't run normally. We need at least 1920x1080 resolution to run
    tests correctly.

I have not find out how to change the resolution of Generic pnp monitor. Could you please help me?

Is there a way to change the resolution of Generic pnp monitor. to 1920x1080?

Or how can I solve my problem with windows in other ways?

yong~zhang666, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Black screen after exiting a game (Windows 10 Pro)

I stumbled across a fix for this today

Go into your adapter settings and make sure your monitor refresh rate is set to 60hz rather than the 59hz windows seems to set generic pnp monitors to

TheFoxyOne, Jun 2, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

If the monitor worked at 1600x1200 on one computer but can only get 1280x1024 on another how can that be the monitor's fault, it can only work at what the video adapter or card can provide. Did you try setting the frequency at 75Hz like on the older computer? Or is that even a choice. My Desktops live quite happily with 1440x900 resolution at 60Hz, 4 feeding the same HP Compaq L2105tm Touchscreen monitor through a KVM switch. The frequency choices for it are only 60Hz and 75Hz.

Berton, Jun 2, 2016
  5. biggooz Win User
    I should have been more clear. The highest resolution it now offers is 1280x1024 and it won't allow 75 Hz until 800x600. That's what's so crazy. Under Windows xp, this monitor was awesome. Now, with a newer OS and far more powerful GPU, I'm going backwards? No, I'm convinced this generic pnp monitor is to blame.

biggooz, Jun 2, 2016
  6. Gramps Win User
    Gramps, Jun 2, 2016
  7. Dartman Win User
    Thanks, my IPS236 is on the generic driver, though working fine, so I was able to load the last driver from that link. I did the driver bypass thing a while back that allows old drivers to load and it took it and still seems to work fine so far.*Smile

Dartman, Jun 3, 2016
  8. Gramps Win User

Glad you got it fixed.

Gramps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Generic PnP Monitor causing low resolution and refresh rates - Similar Threads - Generic PnP Monitor

2. Generic PnP Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic PnP Monitor: All of a sudden my pcs default monitor was changed to generic pnp monitor driver . Improper visuals during gaming at low resolution and so on. how can i fix this and intall the previos driverI have tried updating, reinstalling but nothing seems to workHP BS100 series...
  3. Generic PnP Monitor refresh only 30hz

Generic PnP Monitor refresh only 30hz: TV connected to PC is capable of 60hz but is running at 30hz which is the max available. Is there a driver for Windows 10 home available that would enable 60hz?...
  4. Generic pnp monitor

Generic pnp monitor: I accidently unintalled the generic pnp monitor but now i need it to access a program. kindly advise on how to reinstall and enable the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-pnp-monitor/319a110b-d138-44ca-8e7d-248a8fbdb0df
  5. monitor Generic pnp

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor Generic pnp: Ok! First I Have this problem when i switched to windows 10 this problem i have never had it before my mouse not smooth there is mouse trails when i move my mouse i turn it off from mouse settings nothing happens i need help this problem don't give me smooth...
  6. Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor: I am using a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with a Surface Dock connected to an Electriq 24' 4K HDR monitor via a mini DP to HDMI adapter. I cannot get anything on the monitor to appear. I can switch from extend, duplicate and display on monitor 2 and it does nothing, aside from...
  7. Can't raise refresh rate monitor is seen as generic

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't raise refresh rate monitor is seen as generic: Hello, My monitor is an LG 24GM77. It is capable of refresh rates as high as 144hz. Since the last time i formatted i can't switch to modes higher than 60hz. I have the driver and i installed it. Nvidia control panel recognizes the monitor model but doesn't offer refresh...
  8. Generic PNP monitor

Generic PNP monitor: Hello, I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor but, Windows...
  9. Resolution & Refresh rate

Resolution & Refresh rate: Some time ago I purchased a MINIX Z83-4 mini computer which comes with Win 10 64bit preloaded, The reason I got this was that when viewing films via Kodi on an Android box the quality of the picture was never that good. I'm not talking about the colour or clarity, I'm...
  10. Generic PnP/Can't adjust monitor resolution correctly.

Generic PnP/Can't adjust monitor resolution correctly.: Hello. My computer currently has 3 monitors connected to it. 2 through the graphics card (R9 280), 1 through the integrated graphics (AMD HD 3000). Not sure when why or how, but the integrated graphics card can never pick up what type of monitor is connected to it... so it...