Windows 10: Generic Roaming error ID3

Discus and support Generic Roaming error ID3 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Someone wrote here that Windows updates are increasingly behaving like viruses. I won't go that far BUT recently each update brings a host of errors to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboris, Jan 19, 2018.

1. rboris Win User

Generic Roaming error ID3

Someone wrote here that Windows updates are increasingly behaving like viruses. I won't go that far BUT recently each update brings a host of errors to an otherwise well functioning computer (16mb ram; i7 4930k; win 10 professional with all updates).

The latest is the Generic Roaming Error ID3.

Here is the header from the error message:

"There was an error while applying setting unit 7375A7CC00C60758CC303261DF9E1A852E993C7D for roaming collection Windows-Credentials. The parameter is incorrect."

I don't have a clue what this is about.

Does anyone??

Thanks in advance.

:)

rboris, Jan 19, 2018
  2. marjakan2 Win User

5230 can not see the directly copied MP files

*Solved*

I converted to MP3's to various formats, but nothing seems to help.

They can be transferred to system, if to memcard, the player won't see them. If to inbox, they can be played, but during save Generic system exception Generic Roaming error ID3 :)

The error saving, led me to think some kind of bug in years ago in nokia phone with scandic letters in filenames (mp3s). This one didn't have those, but the MP3s did not have ID3 tags at all!

I added title and artist ID3 tags to original MP3 to the phone

id3tool -t title -r artist file.mp3

(or in Windows 7 right click mp3 and edit the fields)

Plugin 5230 via USB, select media transfer. For me..Windows Media Player started, drag and dropped files there, synced and worked!

Also via bluetooth/inbox save works if MP3 files have ID3 tags (artist or title may be either one will suffice). Without ID3 it crashes.

marjakan2, Jan 19, 2018
  3. Event log for Fall Creator:

I receive error event ID 3 Generic-Event Tracing/Admin, There was an error while applying setting unit 0C5E59758D022979DE8B20D31C530A24A3E00318 for roaming collection Windows-Credentials. The parameter is incorrect, it has created 1952 errors in the last
    hour

jeffreydun, Jan 19, 2018
  4. Generic Roaming error ID3

FreeBooter, Jan 19, 2018
  5. rboris Win User
    Thank you. Unless there is a simpler fix, which will allow me to keep my system untouched (because it is stable despite this and other errors), I'll wait for the next couple of updates to see what happens.

My last serial update attack (Event ID 2 (session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation not started) was resolved with updates and no action on my part.

Fingers crossed.

rboris, Jan 19, 2018
  6. rboris Win User
    The simplest suggestion was to turn off syncing among machines to kill the error, which I did in upstate New York (Windows Settings, Accounts, Sync Your Settings) on my computer there.

Came back to Brooklyn late morning and did the same (turn off syncing) to an identical machine (same hardware, same build from image).

The Brooklyn machine then proceeded to update itself to the October 1709 even though that was already on the computer. Afterwards it did other updates.

Can't figure out what is wrong (if something is wrong). Why did Windows Update the machine that already has the updates.

Strange, strange.

Any hypotheses welcome. Thanks.

rboris, Jan 19, 2018
  7. Windows OS should not install same updates twice maybe update you mentioned failed to install first time.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Generic Roaming error ID3

1. Generic Roaming error ID3 - Similar Threads - Generic Roaming error

2. Error message with Generic USB Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message with Generic USB Hub: HiMy Amazon basics Generic USB Hub keeps getting an error message every time I try to backup a file. The weird thing is that it does get backed up but I always get the message. It is nerve racking lol.This happened when I plug it into my new laptop ASUS with Windows 11.I even...
  3. Error message with Generic USB Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message with Generic USB Hub: HiMy Amazon basics Generic USB Hub keeps getting an error message every time I try to backup a file. The weird thing is that it does get backed up but I always get the message. It is nerve racking lol.This happened when I plug it into my new laptop ASUS with Windows 11.I even...
  4. Roaming Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roaming Folder: I just received my laptop today from a company that replaced the hard drive with an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10 version 21h2. While trying to move some data and apps to this computer from the spare computer I found that I do mot have a c:\users\username\roaming\...
  5. Roaming Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roaming Folder: I just received my laptop today from a company that replaced the hard drive with an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10 version 21h2. While trying to move some data and apps to this computer from the spare computer I found that I do mot have a c:\users\username\roaming\...
  6. Roaming profile error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Roaming profile error: Can anyone help me with this? I have already done 2 clean installs so far, and the last one I had restored from a backup on my external. I learned the hard way to back up your back up But for some reason not to long after my pc started to freeze up, not respond and then I got...
  7. Hyper V generic Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper V generic Error: Hyper V quick create leads to a generic error. I had a vm installed but this failed and now I cannot recreate one. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-generic-error/a48f51c9-f8c0-4183-91ea-d2eb676852e1
  8. USB GENERIC AUDIO ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB GENERIC AUDIO ERROR: Hi, i have a problem with my usb headset like for 2 weeks and i cant fix it. I cant stream because the streaming app cant controll my headphone volume. When i lower my volume from pc ( windows ) it doesnt effect the stream app. My viewers are hearing always the same...
  9. Windows 10 generic error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 generic error: My computer has diagnosed a 'generic error Windows 10'. Please could someone tell me how to resolve this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-generic-error/08bc59ef-47cc-455c-b114-819642f7c8b0
  10. generic roaming event id 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    generic roaming event id 3: I get 62 errors daily generic roaming event id 3. I can not find a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/generic-roaming-event-id-3/0c04b5a7-31d4-4dbf-ad7e-7a214919cc2b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. generic roaming error 4

2. generic roaming error 3

3. erreur windows generic roaming

4. there was an error while applying setting uni windows-credentials event id 3,
  5. generic roaming error id3 windows,
  6. there was an error while applying setting unit for roaming collection windows-credentials. the parameter is incorrect.,
  7. generic roaming,
  8. There was an error while applying setting unit for roaming collection Windows-Credentials,
  9. windows 10 windows credentials incorrectn error event viewer ID3,
  10. roaming error 3 windows 10 credentials paramaters incorrect,
  11. DBF64794518B0392A8CF4A46F7EF3707D34A0B8C DBF64794518B0392A8CF4A46F7EF3707D34A0B8C for roaming collection Windows-Credentials. The parameter is incorrect.,
  12. roaming collection Windows-Credentials. The parameter is incorrect.,
  13. genericroaming Windows-Credentials Errors,
  14. for roaming collection windows-credentials. the parameter is incorrect.