Windows 10: generic roaming event id 3

Discus and support generic roaming event id 3 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get 62 errors daily generic roaming event id 3. I can not find a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jazpr1, Jul 21, 2018.

1. jazpr1 Win User

generic roaming event id 3

I get 62 errors daily generic roaming event id 3. I can not find a fix

:)

jazpr1, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Event 6 - Generic Roaming

Hi Vince,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is the computer part of a domain?
    If the computer is not a part of a domain, there must be an issue with the Credentials Manager. Either some files related to Generic Roaming might be corrupt or missing.

Did you recently add or create an account under Credential manager on the computer after which the issue has occurred?

I would suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it resolves the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

(Applies to Windows 10 also)

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this issue.

Arul_D, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Event 6 - Generic Roaming

Hi all,

In Windows 10 home, I'm getting multiple entries every 10 minutes in event viewer saying:-

Event ID 6 SettinghandlerTask - source GenericRoaming.

The text says :-

There was an error while getting settings unit for roaming collection Windows-Credentials. The service cannot accept control messages at this time.

A new one on me and I can't find much, if any, information out there about Event 6.

Anyone any ideas?

Vince

VinceShirley, Jul 21, 2018
  4. generic roaming event id 3

Event 6 - Generic Roaming

No progress...

Still getting an Event 6 message every 10 minutes

Source - Generic Roaming

Task Category - SettingHandlerTask

Text : There was an error while getting settings unit for roaming collection Windows-Credential. The RPC server is unavailable.

Unable to start the Credential Manager service manually - says "The Credential Manager service on Local Computer started then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services"

In Accounts - clicking on "Sign-in options" does nothing and the Accounts window then becomes unresponsive.

Help please...

Vince

VinceShirley, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

generic roaming event id 3

1. generic roaming event id 3 - Similar Threads - generic roaming event

2. WHEA-Logger Event ID 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Event ID 3: Reinstalled Windows and started running tests. At first, the OCCT program gave the error WHEAid 19 due to incorrect RAM overclocking. I started the RAM in XMP mode and the errors disappeared i.e. the problem was RAM overclocking. But now I permanently get an error with code 3...
  3. WHEA-Logger Event ID 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA-Logger Event ID 3: Reinstalled Windows and started running tests. At first, the OCCT program gave the error WHEAid 19 due to incorrect RAM overclocking. I started the RAM in XMP mode and the errors disappeared i.e. the problem was RAM overclocking. But now I permanently get an error with code 3...
  4. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  5. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  6. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 219 on Surface 3 Laptop: I have a Surface Laptop 3 15" purchased just before Christmas. It came with Win10 Home installed along with the Office apps. I used it perhaps 4 or 5 times. I was attempting to do the updates to the OS, when the laptop started freezing up, then going to a black screen,...
  8. Event ID 3, 16 Security errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event ID 3, 16 Security errors: Reboot. No errors. Wake up from first sleep, the following four errors appear consistently. Error ID 3, The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus, AntiSpyware and Firewall. Error ID 16 (3 instances)...
  9. Event ID 3 WiFi Session Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event ID 3 WiFi Session Error: My problem is I get the above error and I don't even have Wi-Fi on this desktop. I also have WLAN disabled in Services an anything else that is wireless related. That error will come accompanied by a LwtNetLog ID Error 3 also...they seem to be related. What could cause...
  10. Generic Roaming error ID3

in Windows 10 Support
    Generic Roaming error ID3: Someone wrote here that Windows updates are increasingly behaving like viruses. I won't go that far BUT recently each update brings a host of errors to an otherwise well functioning computer (16mb ram; i7 4930k; win 10 professional with all updates). The latest is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settinghandlertask event 3

2. fix generic roaming id3

3. generic roaming event id 3

4. There was an error while getting settings unit for roaming collection Windows,
  5. roaming credentials windows 10 event id 3,
  6. event id 3 generic roaming windows 10,
  7. WIN 10 EVENT ID 3 eRROR 3221225864 CONSISTENT ERROR,
  8. windows 10 error genericroaming id 3 settinghandlertask,
  9. There was an error while applying setting unit for roaming collection Windows-Credentials.,
  10. source generic roaming event 3,
  11. generic roaming error 3 windows 10