Windows 10: Gesturing still the same?

Discus and support Gesturing still the same? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am on 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551, and I noticed that the one finger swipe left that brings out the notifications panel no longer works on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Don Awalt, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Don Awalt Win User

Gesturing still the same?

I am on 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551, and I noticed that the one finger swipe left that brings out the notifications panel no longer works on my laptop. Has this changed/been removed or is this a problem?

:)

Don Awalt, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Dissapearing Gestures

Hi,

Get around Windows faster with touchscreen or touchpad gestures.

If your touchpad gesture is not working, we can run the hardware troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• On the search box, type in
      Troubleshooting and hit Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Swipe gestures

Hi Patrick,

Touchpad gestures in laptops are available as long as your computer has a precision touch pad. Many computer manufacturers add multi-gestures to the touchpad of their computers so that users can have more options. Since you're using Windows 10 on a Mac computer,
    kindly make sure your device has a precision touchpad. If you're using Windows 10 on your Mac computer, you can easily check if it has a precision touchpad by doing these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, choose Mouse & touchpad.
    • Check if you can see "Your PC has a precision touchpad" under Touchpad. If so, you will see different gesture options.

If you cannot see "Your PC has a precision touchpad" under Touchpad, you can still check if your computer has multi-gesture options. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Settings), and then click Run.
    • In the Run textbox, type main.cpl.
    • If you can see an extra tab beside the Hardware tab, your computer has multi-gesture options. You can access that tab to see if you'll be able to remove the swipe gestures.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Gesturing still the same?

Swipe gestures

When I go to devices, all it shows it mouse. No touchpad. And when I try the 2nd option, there is nothing next to the hardware tab except for SetPoint(a Logitech thing)

Patrick O'Connor1622, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Gesturing still the same?

1. Gesturing still the same? - Similar Threads - Gesturing still same

2. Touchpad Gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Gestures: Don't know if anyone looked into this or I'm too late, but you can use gestures in windows 10 just like GNOME 40 gestures.. do two/three fingers swipe up, down, left, right to see the magic.. submitted by /u/Mr_Linux_Lover [link] [comments]...
  3. Trackpad Gestures

Trackpad Gestures: Hello! The guy that asks really obvious questions here! I just got a new device and wanted to change the sensitivity on the trackpad. I saw that the the ELAN page was not there. Neither was the Synaptics driver there for that matter. I checked Device Manager and there were...
  4. Touchpad gesture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gesture: Hi, I'm trying 2 finger scroll using my touchpad but I'm not able to use any gestures on the touchpad. I looked upon the internet and try to figure it out from the device manager but there is no touchpad option in the device manager. I also tried settings -> touchpad but...
  5. gesture

gesture: good day everyone. i updated my laptop lately, then suddenly i cannot use my finger gesture anymore. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gesture/92e6a71f-c5af-42ca-b296-b2a28e5d36af
  6. touchpad gestures

touchpad gestures: I have the DELL inspiron laptop. The gestures of the touch-pad don't work. I tried to go through the device manager and there is no option of the touch-pad in the settings. [ATTACH] How can the gestures of the touch-pad and the touch-pad problem be fixed.........
  7. Taskbar gestures

Taskbar gestures: GNOME has an extension that lets you scroll up or down on the dock to switch between virtual desktops. i was wondering if there was a program for Windows that's similar to that, where it could scroll through my virtual desktops by hovering over the taskbar and scrolling up or...
  8. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I just installed a new windows 10 on my laptop but my touchpad gestures are not working. Can you please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/2f2fc9f1-d1db-4309-a3a9-e233dc3c82b7
  9. Gestures not working

Gestures not working: Hi, I recently got a dell Vostro 15 3000 series. When I use the touchpad I find that I am not able to use any of the gestures that I should be able to use. I tried looking in the setting however I didn't find anything to fix the issue. So far I have tries the following:...
  10. Gestures on Mousepad

Gestures on Mousepad: I have been able to disable most mousepad gestures (e.g. scrolling, zooming, etc.) by going to Settings, Devices, Mouse and Touchpad, Additional Mouse Options, Click Pad Settings and deselecting the various options (I do not want the mousepad to do anything except move the...