Windows 10: Get a Program to load immediately on Startup, + get it to auto-open

Discus and support Get a Program to load immediately on Startup, + get it to auto-open in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I start up the computer, various programs load ready to be opened. (These are listed in the startup folder). Always I want to look first at any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stevekir, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Stevekir Win User

Get a Program to load immediately on Startup, + get it to auto-open

When I start up the computer, various programs load ready to be opened. (These are listed in the startup folder). Always I want to look first at any new emails. I would like my mail program (Mail) to load as fast as possible and before others are loaded so that I can immediately open it while other programs are being loaded. I would also like to get Mail to open automatically ready to use.

How can I get Mail to load quickly? and

How can I get it to open automatically and immediately?

Thanks.

:)

Stevekir, Feb 13, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

How to get Downloads to open immediately on Windows 10

Hi,

For us to provide the best resolution to your concern, we need additional information:

• Which browser are you using to download the attachments?
    • Which email client are you using to receive the emails?
    • When you say, "get downloads to open immediately", do you mean that the files will be opened immediately after being downloaded?
    • Can you remember the setting that was changed before?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 13, 2018
  3. How to get Downloads to open immediately on Windows 10

I inadvertently changed a setting on Windows 10. Initially, when I received downloads with my emails or from a website I could simply open them from the bottom task bar. But I changed something and now the downloads are directed into the last folder that
    I had opened and want to be opened and saved in that location. How do I revert back to the original setting of opening from the task bar?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Downloader 99, Feb 13, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you can certainly drag and create a shortcut to Mail and put it in the Startup folder. Mail then opens when you log in.
    (Windows key + R, shell:startup )

However, prioritising startups is a different matter. Startups are specified in various places in the registry as well. Various programs are available to specify startup delays such as Winpatrol- a quick search for
    prioritise windows startups
    will give you something to read.

Aside: I have a freeware program called Pop peeper set to run on startup- and I use that throughout the day. It repeats the mail scan automatically at intervals. On startup it scans all my email accounts (quite quickly) and indicates if there is new mail in its taskbar icon. I can read mail and reply to it (my preference is via Thunderbird). It- and Thunderbird- are linked to a free anti-SPAM program.

So I process new mail with Pop peeper, then use Thunderbird as a mail repository to collect mail, filed using mail filters.

dalchina, Feb 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Get a Program to load immediately on Startup, + get it to auto-open - Similar Threads - Program load immediately

2. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup programs opening then closing immediately: When I start Windows 10, a bunch of programs are supposed to start with it, but none do. A bunch of them go to the system tray they're supposed to, and when I open the system tray, I see all their icons. However, when I hover over each icon, they disappear. In Task Manager ->...
  3. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup programs opening then closing immediately: When I start Windows 10, a bunch of programs are supposed to start with it, but none do. A bunch of them go to the system tray they're supposed to, and when I open the system tray, I see all their icons. However, when I hover over each icon, they disappear. In Task Manager ->...
  4. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't get Win 10 program 'Your Phone' to load at computer startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Win 10 program 'Your Phone' to load at computer startup: Have done my internet search due diligence. Tried using info at this link but Personalization screen doesn't look like the one shown. If I start manually works fine. Advice, please....
  6. Can't get Win 10 program 'Your Phone' to load at computer startup

Can't get Win 10 program 'Your Phone' to load at computer startup: Have done my internet search due diligence. Tried using info at this link but Personalization screen doesn't look like the one shown. If I start manually works fine. Advice, please....
  7. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  8. How to get THIS PC opened at StartUp

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get THIS PC opened at StartUp: When I asked this before, was I was given code that I ran in a batchfile in \StartUp\. That worked for a while, then the window no longer opened in the position where I wanted it, and now THIS PC does not open at all after reboot. The system is x64Win10Prov2004...
  9. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...
  10. iTunes Auto Loading at Startup

iTunes Auto Loading at Startup: Here's a tricky one for you (well I think it is anyway!) *Wink One of the casualties of my upgrade to Win 10 Home was my iTunes library. Basically, iTunes could no longer find my music, even though it hadn't moved. To cut a long story short, I ended up creating a new...