Windows 10: Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app

Discus and support Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was having problems with one of my accounts in Mail, so did what I have done before - deleted and re-installed. Except that Mail says that account... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DTDavies, Oct 6, 2016.

1. DTDavies Win User

Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app

I was having problems with one of my accounts in Mail, so did what I have done before - deleted and re-installed. Except that Mail says that account already exists and will not allow me to install it.I have looked through all the postings in MS forums related to this topic and found some good comments and suggestions. I tried the Powershell scripts to uninstall Mail, which worked (after a very long time), then re-installed Mail. It immediately recognised my Gmail account, which surprised me, as I expected to have to re-enter each of my accounts. When I added my other account, it came back with the very same message "Account already exists".
    Suggestions?

:)

DTDavies, Oct 6, 2016

2. "Account already exists" in Win10 Mail

Hi Dan,

To resolve your issue with Mail app, run the
    System File Checker
    tool.

We also recommend that you do a Disk Cleanup first.

Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Oct 6, 2016
  3. "Account already exists" in Win10 Mail

Rebooting did not help.

Dan

DanTDavies, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app

1. Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app - Similar Threads - 'Account already exists'

2. "Account Already Exists" Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account Already Exists" Problem: Hello, I'm in the middle of switching all my accounts connected to my old gmail to my new one. While trying to switch my microsoft account because it's connected to my Minecraft account to my new gmail, I click the 'verify' and 'make primary' button options, enter my new...
  3. "Account Already Exists" Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Account Already Exists" Problem: Hello, I'm in the middle of switching all my accounts connected to my old gmail to my new one. While trying to switch my microsoft account because it's connected to my Minecraft account to my new gmail, I click the 'verify' and 'make primary' button options, enter my new...
  4. "Account already exist"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  5. "Account already exist"

"Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  6. Mail app : Account already exists !!

Mail app : Account already exists !!: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, I log in using my Microsoft account, I tried to use Mail app with the same Email but when I tred to add it it says "Account already exists" I reset Mail app and now Im getting the error "something went wrong error code 0x80004005" Moved...
  7. the specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the specified account already exists: Receiving the subjected error while installing any new application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-account-already-exists/0ec62d29-1ebb-49bc-b9f7-6e85deace4ba
  8. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  9. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  10. Mail app account already exists

Mail app account already exists: I recently reset the Mail app on Windows 10 but now can't sign in and get an error message saying the account already exists. I have tried the answer at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. account already exists mail app

2. account already exists windows mail

3. account with this account already exists in pc

4. microsoft says no account exists and cannot create a new one,
  5. account already exists- windows mail Gmail,
  6. email account already exists,
  7. windows phone account already exists,
  8. account already exists windows 10 mail app,
  9. account already exist windows 10 mail app,
  10. account already exists in mail app,
  11. gmail account is already existed in windows 10,