Windows 10: Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10

Discus and support Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 How to Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by renee1219, Nov 11, 2016.

1. renee1219 Win User

Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10

How to: Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10

How to Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10

The Quick Assist app enables two people to share a computer over a remote connection so that one person can help solve problems on the other person's computer.

The person who needs help requests assistance from a helper (either a friend or Microsoft Support). Both start Quick Assist and the helper sends a security code to the person who needs help. The person who needs help enters the code and gives permission to the helper who is then able to take control of that persons computer and provide assistance over the remote connection.

When you get assistance, you allow someone you trust to assist you by taking control of your computer.

When you give assistance, you assist another person over a remote connection. You are required to sign in to your Microsoft account to be able to give assistance.

This tutorial will show you how to quickly and easily get assistance and give assistance remotely with the Quick Assist app in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator on both computers to be able to get and give assistance with the Quick Assist app.

Contents

OPTION ONE [/i] To Give Assistance with Quick Assist app
    1 Open the Quick Assist app from All apps under Windows Accessories. (see screenshot below)

Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2 Click/tap on the Assist another person button under Give assistance. (see screenshot below)

3 If prompted, you will need to sign in to the Quick Assist app with your Microsoft account. (see screenshots below)

4 If you turned on two-step verification for your Microsoft account, you will now need to verify. (see screenshots below)

5 Do step 6 (clipboard), step 7 (email), or step 8 (instructions) below for how you want to deliver the security code to the person that needs to get assistance.

This security code will expire in 10 minutes, so be sure to send it to the person getting assistance and connect before it expires. If the code expires, you will need to start over to generate a new code to use.

6. To Copy Security Code to Clipboard
    A) Click/tap on Copy to clipboard. (see screenshot below)

B) After you have sent the code, click/tap on the I sent the code link, and go to step 9 below. (see screenshots below)

7. To Send Email with Security Code
    A) Click/tap on Send email. (see screenshot below)

B) Enter the email address of the person getting assistance, click/tap on Send, and go to step 9 below. (see screenshots below)

8. To Provide Instructions with Security Code
    A) Click/tap on Provide instructions. (see screenshot below)

B) After you have provided the instructions, click/tap on the I provided the instructions link, and go to step 9 below. (see screenshots below)

9 The person getting assistance will now need to use Option Two below using the security code you sent them.

10 Select (dot) to Take full control or View screen for the sharing option you want to use, and click/tap on Continue. (see screenshot below)

11 When the person getting assistance has allowed (step 4 in OPTION TWO you to connect, Quick Assist will start remotely connecting the two computers. (see screenshot below)

12 You now will be connected to the other PC with screen sharing on for you to provide assistance to the person's computer. (see screenshot below)

13 When you are finished giving assistance, you can click/tap on the End button in the toolbar at the top to end screen sharing, then close the Quick Assist app. (see screenshot below)

14 You can now either Give Feedback to Submit, or Close Quick Assist. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Get Assistance with Quick Assist app
    1 The person giving assistance will need to use Option One above first to send you the security code to connect with.

2 Open the Quick Assist app from All apps under Windows Accessories. (see screenshot below)

3 Enter the code from assistant under Get assistance, and click/tap on the Share screen button. (see screenshot below)

4 Click/tap on Allow to give permission to the person giving assistance access to your computer. (see screenshot below)

5 Quick Assist will start remotely connecting the two computers. (see screenshot below)

7 You now will be connected to the other PC with screen sharing on for you to get assistance from the other person's computer. (see screenshot below)

8 When you are finished getting assistance, you can close the Quick Assist app, and click/tap on Close to confirm. (see screenshots below)

9 You can now either Give Feedback to Submit, or Close Quick Assist. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

renee1219, Nov 11, 2016

2. Quick Assist and Remote Desktop/Remote Assistance

Hi Martya,

This issue is better suited in TechNet Forum, we have a dedicated team to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance.

Follow the below link to post your question:

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 11, 2016
  3. martya2 Win User
    Quick Assist and Remote Desktop/Remote Assistance

I have Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition. I know that Quick Assist is an app in the Operating System. Does anyone know whether you can help someone who is running an earlier version of Windows that has Remote Assistance or Remote Desktop by using Quick
    Assist? I know Quick Assist works similarly to Remote Desktop, but is available on all editions of Windows 10. I am a Certified PC Service and Repair Tech and I know how the apps/programs work- but are they compatible and can I help someone with an earlier
    version of Windows.

Also, my friend has run into the Validation Key problem. He says he does not have one. Any help there would be appreciated.

martya2, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Renee, *Smile

Yes, you sure could. When you are using Quick Assist, it will be the same as if you were on your desktop PC.

If you have ever done a "Remote Desktop Connection", it will basically be the same but with an easier to use interface (Quick Assist).

Brink, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remote Assistance Quick

2. Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance?: I have the option to push the assistance another person button and sign in but then it routes me to my organizations page and opens up a web browser window and only gives me the get assistance option to put a code in. I've updated my computer to see if that is the problem but...
  3. What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist, RemoteApp and Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist, RemoteApp and Remote Desktop?: Microsoft offers 4 different ways for the user to share their screen in order to receive technical support from someone more knowledgable. Yes four. So what's the difference between them? I'm using Windows 10 20H2...
  4. Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?: What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop? Microsoft offers 3 different ways for the user to share their screen in order to receive technical support from someone more knowledgable. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 179501
  5. Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance

Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance: Today after the upgrade to v1909, when I click the 'Assist another person' button, instead of giving me the code like it has every other time, I am redirected to a webpage to Get assistance with a box to enter a code. I am unable to help now....
  6. Quick assist - Give assistance not working with MFA

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick assist - Give assistance not working with MFA: I have an issue when I try to provide assistance with the tool Quick assist. When clicking on Give assistance, it request me to select an account. When selecting an Microsoft account who have MFA enable, I'm redirected to a web page IE or Edge both tested to validate the MFA...
  7. Give/Get Help on Windows 10 with the Quick Assist app

Give/Get Help on Windows 10 with the Quick Assist app: Who here in this Community has been able to receive/give assistance via the Quick Assist app? Do you recommend the app? Reply with your experience(s). [ATTACH]...
  8. Quick Assist cannot give assistance

Quick Assist cannot give assistance: It's July 25, 2019 and I can find plenty of content about Quick Assist, but not a single reference to explain why my version is missing the "Give Assistance" option. What is broken here? Using: Windows 10 Enterprise v1607 (bld 14393.2273), Quick Assist version...
  9. Quick Assist Give Assistance no longer generates a code

Quick Assist Give Assistance no longer generates a code: I was so happy to see Quick Assist in Windows 10. I'm able to help my parents who live on the other side of the country when they run into issues. For a while it worked like a charm. I would open Quick Assist, click the Assist another person button and then generate the code...
  10. Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc: Hi, Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1607 build 14393.187 Run "Quick Assist" as Administrator ( or user account, makes no difference) Login with Microsoft outlook.com account Quick Assist window clears and for further information is displayed Window is not frozen, can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trust to assist you by taking control of your computer. Please enter the 6-digit security code that was provided to you. Code from assistant Share screen