Windows 10: Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC How to Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by PeacefulHope, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

How to: Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

How to Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help you get things done.

When you phone notifications on a Windows 10 PC.

When this feature is enabled on both your Android phone and PC, Cortana will tell you on your PC when you miss a phone call, text message, or app notification from your phone. You'll also be able to respond to text messages from the PC.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to setup your Android phone to send phone call, text message, and app notifications from Cortana to your Windows 10 PC.

EXAMPLE: Missed call notification from Android phone on Windows 10 PC

Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Download and Install the Microsoft Cortana – Digital assistant app from the Google Play store on your Android phone, and open it. (see screenshots below)

2. Type the email address for your Microsoft account into the app, and click/tap on Get started. (see screenshot below)

3. Type the password for your Microsoft account into the app, and click/tap on Sign in. (see screenshot below)

4. If you turned on two-step verification for your Microsoft account, select how (ex: text) you want to get a verification code, enter the required information, and click/tap on Send code. (see screenshots below)

A) Enter the code sent from Microsoft, and click/tap on Verify. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on AGREE for Cortana Terms & Privacy . (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Allow to allow Cortana to access this phone's location. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on Turn on or Maybe later for what you want to have Cortana on your home screen. (see screenshot below)

8. Click/tap on Add Cortana as default assistant or Maybe later for what you want. (see screenshot below)

9. Click/tap on the menu button (3 lines) in the Cortana app. (see screenshot below)

10. Click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

11. Click/tap on Cross device in Settings. (see screenshot below)

12. Click/tap on Allow to allow Cortana to send and view SMS messages, access your contacts, and make and manage phone calls. (see screenshot below)

13. Turn on App notifications sync in "Cross device" settings. (see screenshot below)

14. Click/tap on GOT IT when prompted for access to notifications. (see screenshot below)

15. Turn on Cortana in "Notification Access" settings. (see screenshot below)

16. Click/tap on ALLOW when prompted for Cortana access to notifications. (see screenshot below)

17. Click/tap on the Back arrow button in the navigation bar at the bottom to go back to "Cross device" settings in the Cortana app. (see screenshot below)

18. Click/tap on Choose which apps to sync under the App Notifications sync setting. (see screenshot below)

19. Turn on Messages and any other app you want to sync notifications for, and click/tap on the Home button in the navigation bar at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

20. You are now done setting up Cortana on your Android phone to sync cross device notifications.

21. You can now turn on Get phone notifications on this PC and manage notifications on Windows 10 PCs you want to get notifications from this Android phone. (see screenshot below)

*note You will need to be signed in to Cortana with the same Microsoft account on your Android phone and PC(s).

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

PeacefulHope, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Edwin Win User

Windows 10 will bring your Android phone notifications to your PC

Must be coming, but I can't enable it, (yet)

(Forgot I had Cortana installed on my 'Droid!) *Redface

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Windows 10 will bring your Android phone notifications to your PC

Microsoft is planning to bring Android phone notifications directly to Windows 10 PCs. During a session at Build 2016 today, Microsoft detailed how missed calls, messages, and other notifications from an Android phone will appear on a Windows 10 PC. Microsoft is using the Cortana app for Android to enable this support, and Windows 10 users will even be able to reply to the Android notifications directly from a PC.

http://www.theverge.com/microsoft/20...-cloud-android

davidhk, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

Problem with cortana sync notification between android and windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• On Android, download and install the Cortana app from the Google Play store
    • Using the Cortana app on the Android phone, tap the hamburger menu on the top left corner and select
      Settings.
    • Tap Sync Notifications and enable the notifications you'd like to see on your Windows 10 PC.
    • You can turn on all the notifications by selecting missed call notifications, incoming message notifications, low battery notifications, and app notifications.
    • If you enable app notifications sync, you can customize which apps to sync. This is useful in controlling the number of notifications you receive. For example, if you already have a app on your PC, you probably don't want to
      receive your phone's notifications on your PC. During setup, the Android device will ask permission to give notification access to Cortana.
    • The notifications show up on your Windows 10 PC with your phone's name in the header. Missed calls and incoming message notifications are also actionable. A default message that says "I'll get back to you soon," can be quickly
      sent from within Action Center, but you can also edit it to make it more personal. You can also reply to your incoming messages from your PC.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    3. Check if your Windows is up-to-date by going to Settings >
      Update and Security
      > Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps and see if this helps.

Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana Application.

I suggest you to first try to completely uninstall Cortana Application from your Android Phone and then again reinstall the application by giving it all the phone's notification permission in your Phone Notification settings.

Method 2: Troubleshoot Problems with Cortana.

Follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Troubleshoot Problems with Cortana
    and see if this helps.

Method 3: Re-Register Cortana.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu > Search for
    PowerShell > Right-Click on PowerShell >
    Run As Administrator

Step 2: Once the PowerShell Window is up and running, copy and paste the below command and hit
    Enter.

• Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Step 3: Once the above command is executed successfully, restart your computer once and

Setup Cortana
    from the beginning by giving it all the permissions, so that you can view all the android phones notifications on your Windows 10 computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 27, 2019
  6. siavash.m Win User
    Problem with cortana sync notification between android and windows 10

thank you

i do this steps what i said before but like screenshot there isn't any "app notification" checkbox. I sync my missed call and phone notifications but i can't sync app notification ,thats a problem!

plz help

siavash.m, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

1. Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Android Phone Notifications

2. Get notifications from PC to Android/iOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get notifications from PC to Android/iOS: How do I get notifications to my Android/iOS devices from Windows 10?Looked for many ways, but only information on how to receive notifications on pc from the phone, and I need the opposite...
  3. Get notifications from PC to Android/iOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get notifications from PC to Android/iOS: How do I get notifications to my Android/iOS devices from Windows 10?Looked for many ways, but only information on how to receive notifications on pc from the phone, and I need the opposite...
  4. cortana texting between phone and PC for android

in Cortana
    cortana texting between phone and PC for android: I installed the texting app and cortana on my phone, but can't figure out how to send a text on my PC using cortana. I do not have a search bar when I open cortana on my PC....
  5. Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC

in Cortana
    Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC: I have done everything required to receive android phone notifications via Cortana app on the pc but I am not getting any notifications. If I set a reminder it works fine but messages/ call notifications do not show up on my PC[ATTACH] Windows 10 home ,Version:1803 , Build:...
  6. Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC: How to: Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC How to Turn On or Off Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft...
  7. Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone: I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but Cortana on my Android phone is sending multiple notifications of text messages, missed calls, etc. to my Windows 10 machine. As few as two to as much as five of a repeat notifications will be received by my machine....
  8. No longer get notifications from my Android phone to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    No longer get notifications from my Android phone to Windows 10: I've had my Android phone synced with Windows through Cortana for months just to get incoming text messeges in Windows, but suddenly today the SMS notifications no longer appear. I've checked settings on both platforms and nothing has been changed. Is there a way to like...
  9. Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help...
  10. Windows 10 will bring your Android phone notifications to your PC

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will bring your Android phone notifications to your PC: Microsoft is planning to bring Android phone notifications directly to Windows 10 PCs. During a session at Build 2016 today, Microsoft detailed how missed calls, messages, and other notifications from an Android phone will appear on a Windows 10 PC. Microsoft is using the...