Windows 10: Get appx package file for Windows Store installed app

Discus and support Get appx package file for Windows Store installed app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can anybody help me make an appx package for a Windows Store app that I have downloaded and installed on my computer. I have all the files, signatures,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by raghu50, Jan 14, 2016.

1. raghu50 Win User

Get appx package file for Windows Store installed app

Can anybody help me make an appx package for a Windows Store app that I have downloaded and installed on my computer. I have all the files, signatures, etc. for the app. I just want to make an appx package for it so that I can sideload it to other Windows 8+ PCs. Anyone know how to?

:)

raghu50, Jan 14, 2016
  2. Uri2016 Win User

Problem submitting to windows store win32 app converted to *.appx format by DesktopAppConverter.ps1 (centennial project technology)

I converted win32 program packed by innosetup using DesktopAppConverter.ps1 script into *.appx, but when submitting it to the windows store I get the following errors:

Package acceptance validation error: We don’t allow the capability you’ve specified: runFullTrust.

Package acceptance validation error: Apps are not allowed to have a Version with a revision number other than zero specified in the app manifest. The package Radiolix.appx specifies 0.0.0.1.

Package acceptance validation error: You don't have permissions to specify the following namespaces in the appx manifest file of the package my_prog.appx: http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foundation/windows10/restrictedcapabilities

Uri2016, Jan 14, 2016
  3. App installed to external drive, drive erased, app cannot be removed/reinstalled.

Further investigation :

1 - Once changing drive, it write another entries in the registry :

Ordinateur\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\PackageVolumes

So once known volume shall be unknown, even if there are the same files and same drive letter.

There might be something to do about this somehow ...

2 - There might be some way to manualy download Appx packages, but I did not find it how yet.

Here some clues may be :

How to Download APPX Installation File from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 / 8.1 | Windows OS Hub

3 - if there is some documentation on how windows install and manage Appx ???

(registries, apps paths ....)

EtienneDUPONT, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

Get appx package file for Windows Store installed app

1. Get appx package file for Windows Store installed app - Similar Threads - appx package file

2. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu Appx package installation Error: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu-2204-220620_x64.Appx downloaded from MS store ,and facing error as shown in attached image. Please advise fix.Windows Version on my computer Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on ‎03/‎12/‎2023 OS build 19045.2965 steps...
  3. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu Appx package installation Error: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu-2204-220620_x64.Appx downloaded from MS store ,and facing error as shown in attached image. Please advise fix.Windows Version on my computer Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on ‎03/‎12/‎2023 OS build 19045.2965 steps...
  4. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I get Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7_7.2208.15002.0_x64__8wekyb3d 8bbwe appx package?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I get Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7_7.2208.15002.0_x64__8wekyb3d 8bbwe appx package?: It look like wingetbot install failed with Microsoft.WindowsTerminal_1.17.11391.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe duie to Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7_7.2208.15002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe. How do I get the Microsoft Store Appx Packages? See...
  6. How to install unsigned .Appx app package using PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install unsigned .Appx app package using PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Malicious programs are constantly finding new ways to harm or damage devices. Seeing these things, it would always reasonable to get apps in the Appx […] This article How to install unsigned .Appx app package using PowerShell in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. can't uninstall appx-packages

can't uninstall appx-packages: I tried both commands: Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -user "username" PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Command works, but packages won't remove. Found packages, after that which can be removed manually and they stayed...
  8. can't uninstall appx-packages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can't uninstall appx-packages: I tried both commands: Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -user "username" PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Command works, but packages won't remove. Found packages, after that which can be removed manually and they stayed...
  9. How to install APPX package to Windows 10 S?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to install APPX package to Windows 10 S?: I need to install my application converted using Desktop App Converter on a computer running Windows 10 S. After you import the certificate and install the APPX package, the application does not start. Where the problem? How to run the app?...
  10. Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?

Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?: Anybody know if/how an .appx package created using the Desktop App Converter tool can be digitally signed for distribution, without purchasing a cert from a CA? 64992

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appxpackage winstore

2. get appx file from installed app

3. download microsoft window appx package commands

4. getappxpackage allusers microsoft.windowsstore,
  5. get an appx from an installed package,
  6. YellowElephantProductions.win-rar_p3e1zgp7z7szg!App,
  7. get-appx packages store,
  8. appx error when install software in an external hd,
  9. get appx file for installed app,
  10. get appx for app already installed,
  11. atk package replaced by microsoft store drivers,