Windows 10: Get back the original windows 10 start menu

Discus and support Get back the original windows 10 start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the Anniversary update Windows 10 Start menu looks cluttered. I like things to the minimal. Is there a way to revert back to the previous windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kkclone, Aug 16, 2016.

1. kkclone Win User

Get back the original windows 10 start menu

After the Anniversary update Windows 10 Start menu looks cluttered. I like things to the minimal. Is there a way to revert back to the previous windows 10 menu?

:)

kkclone, Aug 16, 2016

2. How do do I get my start menu back to the original settings?

When I turned on my HP Stream computer the Start menu had disappeared. How do I get back to it?

<Moved from Windows Insider preview forums>

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

RuthieCarter, Aug 16, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    How do do I get my start menu back to the original settings?

Do you have a Taskbar with a Windows icon on the left end? Is click on it.

lacrumb, Aug 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, many people have asked exactly the same question and complained about the new menu.
    No, this is by MS design.
    Options:
    1. Revert to the previous build and stay with it. (bad idea for most)
    2. Complain to MS and wait a long long time
    3. Change to Linux
    4. Get a 3rd party start menu

I like 4. There are far far better ones out there. As I have an extensive start menu with folders and subfolders which Win 10's start menu has never handled, I use Classic Shell. Highly configurable, free, can launch apps too, good built-in search. Free..

dalchina, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Kilwillie Win User
    I went with 3. *Wink. I can still boot into 10, but I find myself using Debian more and more lately.

Kilwillie, Aug 16, 2016
  6. I'm with you on this one....I don't need the scrolling app list...I already have my app on the start menu and organised into categories like I want...the scrolling app list is just redundant and taking up space. At least give us the option to turn it off.

I did #2 and looking for a #4

currysteph, Aug 17, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Classic Shell is great for traditional desktop users. Free, configurable. Handles large start menus with folder trees properly. Can launch universal apps - no tiles though.

Start10, Startisback, startmenux..

dalchina, Aug 17, 2016
  8. Get back the original windows 10 start menu

thanks

I went with Start10 didnt get rid of the scrolling app part but it allowed me to do some other nice tweaking....Im sure someone will come out with a program to eventually do what I want...just playing the waiting game

currysteph, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Get back the original windows 10 start menu - Similar Threads - original start menu

2. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it? This is a desktop if that matters....
  3. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it? This is a desktop if that matters....
  4. Get The Old Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get The Old Start Menu Back?: I did a win 10 update of some sort a month ago and since then I've had this start menu. I don't like it, so how do I get the older one back now?in Programs I see Classic Shell, is that it?...
  5. Get Older Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Older Start Menu Back?: So someone said to update my Win 10 with this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445I did and now have this crazy Start menu that seems to show just the programs I have.can I get the other older version back?...
  6. Get Older Start Menu Back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Older Start Menu Back?: So someone said to update my Win 10 with this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445I did and now have this crazy Start menu that seems to show just the programs I have.can I get the other older version back?...
  7. Get Older Start Menu Back?

8. How can I get back the original Start Menu? I'm on Windows 10 Pro Version F1H1 and recently...

How can I get back the original Start Menu? I'm on Windows 10 Pro Version F1H1 and recently...: I just uninstalled TaskbarX and StartIsBack thinking it would revert back to the original. But still it's not working.Here is a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-the-original-start-menu-im-on/dbb6a027-a958-47af-887f-322c083d59e9
  9. get back to classic view on start menu

get back to classic view on start menu: hi, I have a friend, when he clicks on start, he gets a row of large app icons, how does he get back to classic view on windows 10? thanks in advance...
  10. Get your Windows 7 Start Menu back.

Get your Windows 7 Start Menu back.: This little program is powerful and it's free unlike the one stardock is offering. It even brings Games Explorer back. Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements [img] 15771