Windows 10: Get Cortana to use Google Chrome

Discus and support Get Cortana to use Google Chrome in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I've had this fixed before, simply by having Chrome as default browser, but now it doesn't really work and I don't know why. Tried putting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SomaTGW, Nov 11, 2016.

1. SomaTGW Win User

Get Cortana to use Google Chrome

Hello!

I've had this fixed before, simply by having Chrome as default browser, but now it doesn't really work and I don't know why. Tried putting Edge back as default then Chrome again, even used the control panel for it but with no luck.

:)

SomaTGW, Nov 11, 2016
  2. WindowsOS Win User

Cortana wouldn't open Google Chrome

Works for me. Try "start Google Chrome". And "open Google Chrome" also works for me.

WindowsOS, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Microsoft Cortana not using default browser when doing a Bing search

I recently installed the Microsoft fall creators update. When I was finished, my Microsoft Edge was unusable. It would not open any of the menu items. In order to get a workable browser, I installed Google Chrome. Google Chrome works just fine. However,
    when I do a Bing search using Cortana, Cortana, tries to open the Bing results using Microsoft Edge. Since Microsoft Edge is no longer working, The Bing results cannot be displayed. Can I get Microsoft Cortana Google Chrome to display the Bing results instead
    of Microsoft Edge. I currently can't do searches with Cortana. Please help.

William Kochevar, Nov 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 12, 2016
  5. SomaTGW Win User
    That is so stupid... the links for the fixes worked, so thank you for that! Stupid I need to force Windows to use what -I- want..

SomaTGW, Nov 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    It's MS's deliberate design choice and decision. Previously it was possible to change the browser Cortana used- then MS changed that. Please mark solved if that's so- thanks.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Get Cortana to use Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Cortana Google Chrome

2. cannot use google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot use google chrome: I get this error while using Google Chrome This site can’t be reachedlogin.live.com’s server IP address could not be found.Try:Checking the proxy, firewall and secure DNS configurationRunning Windows Network DiagnosticsDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_SECURE_CONFIGTried all options,...
  3. cannot use google chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot use google chrome: I get this error while using Google Chrome This site can’t be reachedlogin.live.com’s server IP address could not be found.Try:Checking the proxy, firewall and secure DNS configurationRunning Windows Network DiagnosticsDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_SECURE_CONFIGTried all options,...
  4. cannot use google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?: Title says it all really. Appreciate any advice! submitted by /u/Shapebuster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0epoy/is_it_possible_to_make_cortana_to_use_google/
  6. Unable to use Google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use Google chrome: Im using Windows 10 and recently after the google experienced an outage issue on 14/12/20 , on the next day when i tried to surf in Chrome i was unable to access any web search and cant connect to YouTube gmail and many other websites. My internet connection is okay , i even...
  7. Cant use google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant use google chrome: After re-starting my computer to change my computer account, it won't let me back onto google chrome. I clicked onto it and it says I cant use google chrome, and I need to ask an adult. Under that it has a button saying ask now. When I click it, it goes to no email I have or...
  8. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  9. Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches: If like me, you prefer to use Google for searching (and if your default browser is Chrome), there are a couple of extensions that will redirect Cortana's Bing search to Google. Seems to work well so far. The one I've tried is called "Bing2Google." I would assume there...
  10. BSOD while using Google Chrome(?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using Google Chrome(?): Hello everyone, I hope You can help me with my problem regarding a new PC I bought. It got 2 BSODs in between a few days and it seems both happened while using Google Chrome, but I'm not really sure if that's the cause or something else. I did some hardware testing after the...