Windows 10: Get data from crashed/non booting installation

Discus and support Get data from crashed/non booting installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum and tried to find the answer for my problem. I have a Windows 10 pro computer which booted from ssd and have 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TwistedNL, Oct 21, 2017.

1. TwistedNL Win User

Get data from crashed/non booting installation

Hi everybody,
    I'm new to this forum and tried to find the answer for my problem.
    I have a Windows 10 pro computer which booted from ssd and have 2 oldskool disc's in software raid for programfiles. I tried to run the KB4041676 update but for some reason it failed. After the failed update, the computer did not wanted to boot anymore because it couldn't find the boot devices. (Inaccessible boot device error)
    After fiddeling around for a couple of days to get it going again I gave up and made a partition copy of the old install to another oldskool drive (hoping I could pull user profile and settings from it programs installed.)
    Once I was done with the partition copy, I removed the disc with the copy and did a full clean install of the latest windows 10 (1709?) and updated it. The 2 disc's in raid a working perfectly once mounted.
    I made a new user (to be sure it does not give any conflict) and the computer runs fine.
    Now is my question, is it possible to extract/transfer the user folder and settings from the old install? (Partition copy) to the fresh install? I had a lot of programs installed like office, Adobe and much more and the biggest part of those installed programs are on the 2 disc raid as that is untouched.
    Who can help me out so I do not have to reinstall all of them.
    I would also like to "import" the old user folder/profile from the old install.
    Kind regards,
    Ralph

:)

TwistedNL, Oct 21, 2017

2. Win 10 Crash and cannot be auto-repaired - how can I transfer the profile and data to the new drive?

If the system crash, then user profile might be corrupt. I recommend you use the following method to recover your files:

How to Recover Data from a Hard Drive that Won't Boot - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/recover-data-n...

Andre Da Costa, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Get data from crashed/non booting installation

PCmover is the ONLY software that automatically transfers, restores, and upgrades all selected files, folders, settings, user profiles, and even applications. The professional version can rescue hard drive contents from non-working PC.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  5. TwistedNL Win User
    Great! I will have a look at that software before I'll buy it. That was a tool I saw during my search for a solution but was not sure it could help me.
    Thanks!

TwistedNL, Oct 21, 2017
  6. Winuser Win User
    This is how I fixed my problem when I lost my boot partition. I tried other methods and they Didn't work. I did a clean install from a ISO. Then I installed Macrium Reflect. Next I hooked up the drive that wouldn't boot. I then made a Image of the OS partition of the non booting drive. After that I restored the image that I just made to the OS partition on the drive with the new install.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Get data from crashed/non booting installation

1. Get data from crashed/non booting installation - Similar Threads - data crashed non

2. When my computer first boots, it get a message: Failed to get data from the clipboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my computer first boots, it get a message: Failed to get data from the clipboard...: When my computer first boots, it get a message: Failed to get data from the clipboard error-21472210: open Clipboard Failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-computer-first-boots-it-get-a-message/08d3a55b-8f23-482c-813e-205ad6830538
  3. When my computer first boots, it get a message: Failed to get data from the clipboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When my computer first boots, it get a message: Failed to get data from the clipboard...: When my computer first boots, it get a message: Failed to get data from the clipboard error-21472210: open Clipboard Failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-computer-first-boots-it-get-a-message/08d3a55b-8f23-482c-813e-205ad6830538
  4. 2TB HDD Data Only Non-Boot - Format to MBR or GPT??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2TB HDD Data Only Non-Boot - Format to MBR or GPT??: Am using / installing a new 2TB HDD drive. Quick Info: - 2TB capacity WD - Will be a Data only drive, not OS or Boot Drive - Will most likely only have one or two partitions at most on the new drive - ASUS i5 Motherboard supports HDD's > 2TB and worked well with 3TB...
  5. Recovery from Non Booting PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery from Non Booting PC: I have a Win 10 Pro PC, which will not boot. Tried all the fixmbr....blah blah blah threads, CHKDSK, scannow would only verify but not complete, Macrium, tried to restore from previous point (no restore points found even though I had done several over past few months). So...
  6. Clone the non-boot, user data drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clone the non-boot, user data drive: Bear with me while I provide some background. Back in 2013 I built my current PC, and given the price of hardware at the time, I wanted a hybrid solution with the following configuration. C: (SSD) - Windows, Program Files/Data D: (HDD) - User directories I did this by...
  7. Getting rid of non-working boot devices in the BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting rid of non-working boot devices in the BIOS: Instead of trying every boot device listed, Is it possible to clean this list of the non-working duplicates? Or, edit their meaningless descriptions to identify them? 134295
  8. Getting rid of non-working boot devices in the BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting rid of non-working boot devices in the BIOS: Instead of trying every boot device listed, Is it possible to clean this list of the non-working duplicates? Or, edit their meaningless descriptions to identify them? 134295
  9. Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup?: Hello, Bear with me as I have had this catastrophic issue I've been dealing with for the past 24 hours... Long story short: I cloned my 500gb samsung ssd to my new Intel 2tb ssd using acronis. Everything was working well so I deleted my 500gb samsung ssd. Then i restarted...
  10. How to recover data from non-overwritten blocks and sectors?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recover data from non-overwritten blocks and sectors?: Hi Guys, I beg you help me to save my life. If I can't recover I DEFINITELY LOSE MY JOB. I have a notebook with 250GB SSD. It had 2 main GPT partition; Local Disk C and Local Disk D. First one size was 100GB for Windows 10 and the next one was 140GB for storing some...