Windows 10: Get hands on with the OS from the first IBM PC

Discus and support Get hands on with the OS from the first IBM PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Now you can try out PC DOS 1.0 for yourself, and see what it was like to switch on the first IBM PC, the 5150, back in August 1981. The site OS/2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Get hands on with the OS from the first IBM PC

And for those of you who are curious what it was like to run older versions of Windows......

Want to try Windows 10's oldest ancestor? Get hands on with the OS from the first IBM PC - TechRepublic

Get hands on with the OS from the first IBM PC [​IMG]

:)

Borg 386, Jun 13, 2017

2. Cannot Connect 6234 to PC using Bluetooth and PC Suite 6.82.22.0

I have a similar problem connecting a 6682 to an IBM Thinkpad R52. Don't know if the fact that both the pC's are IBM is significant. I have loaded all the latest BIOS and drivers from the IBM/Lenovo support site. Anybody any ideas?

pete_willingham, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Annie_M56 Win User
    How to turn off Windows update in Windows 10.

Ethical? Yerright.

Anyone remember the very first version of DOS? Called QDOS. As I understand, MS wanted the IBM PC market - quickly. So some bright spark "borrowed" a freeware OS & tweaked it a bit here and there, and so, here we are.

QDOS = Quick Dirty Operating System. Nuff said?

Annie_M56, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Those were the good old days. *Wink

Get hands on with the OS from the first IBM PC [​IMG]

Brink, Jun 13, 2017
  5. Started with one of those. Held off buying a PC until IBM hit the market with their first 286 machine. I thought I really had SOMETHING then.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Get hands on with the OS from the first IBM PC - Similar Threads - hands IBM

2. I cant use stereo audio with my headphones, and i can only use hands free audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use stereo audio with my headphones, and i can only use hands free audio.: As the title says, i cannot use stereo audio. I have tried disabling hands free audio, but when i do that i dont get any audio. And when i try to connect stereo via right clicking the speaking thing and going to playback, it just doesn’t connect....
  3. I cant use stereo audio with my headphones, and i can only use hands free audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant use stereo audio with my headphones, and i can only use hands free audio.: As the title says, i cannot use stereo audio. I have tried disabling hands free audio, but when i do that i dont get any audio. And when i try to connect stereo via right clicking the speaking thing and going to playback, it just doesn’t connect....
  4. I cant use stereo audio with my headphones, and i can only use hands free audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...

i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...: i tried changing them back to normal headphones by going in printer and other devicies and unticking the hands freee tick option but when i untick it my headphones disconnect for a second then they reconnect now my headphones dont show as a audio device they just show as a...
  6. i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i connected my bluetooth earphones after doing that it automatically becomes hands free ag...: i tried changing them back to normal headphones by going in printer and other devicies and unticking the hands freee tick option but when i untick it my headphones disconnect for a second then they reconnect now my headphones dont show as a audio device they just show as a...
  7. Permanently disable Hands-Free for bluetooth headsets.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable Hands-Free for bluetooth headsets.: I currently have the Sony WH-1000XM4 bluetooth headset. And when opening some games it chooses to use the Hands-Free communication. This squashes the sound quality.Is there a way to permanently disable this? Ive tried to uninstall the hands-free in device manager but whenever...
  8. Permanently disable Hands-Free for bluetooth headsets.

Permanently disable Hands-Free for bluetooth headsets.: I currently have the Sony WH-1000XM4 bluetooth headset. And when opening some games it chooses to use the Hands-Free communication. This squashes the sound quality.Is there a way to permanently disable this? Ive tried to uninstall the hands-free in device manager but whenever...
  9. I had purchased laptop from SAS institute inc as second hand used laptop. WINDOWS OS...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had purchased laptop from SAS institute inc as second hand used laptop. WINDOWS OS...: I had purchased laptop from SAS institute inc as second hand used laptop. I AM NOT FINANCIALLY THAT CAPABLE. I HAD PURCHASED WITH THE HELP OF MY FREIND WHO IS EMPLOYEE IN THIS PUNE BASED COMPANY. CAN YO HELP ME ACTIVATE MY WINDOWS OS IF I SHARE WITH YOU THE BILL OF PURCHASE...
  10. I had purchased laptop from SAS institute inc as second hand used laptop. WINDOWS OS...

I had purchased laptop from SAS institute inc as second hand used laptop. WINDOWS OS...: I had purchased laptop from SAS institute inc as second hand used laptop. I AM NOT FINANCIALLY THAT CAPABLE. I HAD PURCHASED WITH THE HELP OF MY FREIND WHO IS EMPLOYEE IN THIS PUNE BASED COMPANY. CAN YO HELP ME ACTIVATE MY WINDOWS OS IF I SHARE WITH YOU THE BILL OF PURCHASE...