Windows 10: Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown

Discus and support Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes, when I shutdown the system, I get the BSOD screen with error 139, it then shuts down and reboots. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bachware, Oct 5, 2016.

1. bachware Win User

Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown

Sometimes, when I shutdown the system, I get the BSOD screen with error 139, it then shuts down and reboots. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, and it doesn't always do it, nor does there seem to be any bad aftereffects. Any suggestions/ideas? I'm a techie, so don't be afraid to use jargon *Wink Last HD/RAM checks were clear of errors. Everything's on the latest rollups. Win 10 works fine from startup and sitting/using. It's only the random BSOD at shutdown, and I do not get any disorderly shutdown BSOD.

:)

bachware, Oct 5, 2016

2. BSOD error kernel_security_check_failure and irql_not_less_or_equal

Hi I've been getting bsod randomly maybe like once or twice a day and need help finding out whats causing it. The most common errors i get are kernel_security_check_failure and irql_not_less_or_equal. I put the minudump files in my OneDrive so here is the
    link. Minidump Files.rar

OP - BSOD help

YohSpiritForce, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10, DON'T UPGRADE

I completely agree. My excellent computer is now whirring, jamming and getting a Kernel_security_check_failure shutdown message. Been on the website and found nothing helpful.

UpgradedbyAccident, Oct 5, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi bachware,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

How much of a techie are you? *Smile

Just to let you know, in case we request it then please run HD/RAM tests (again).
    What tests did you run? Could you provide some details about the test results? For example with HD tests if one of them was the built-in chkdsk you could upload the log.

Please uninstall everything of Intel graphics using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from ASUS. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Attachment 104829
    Code: 6: kd> lmvm igdkmd64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff806`7e880000 fffff806`7f03d000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys Image name: igdkmd64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Mon Jun 13 19:27:48 2016 (575EED14) CheckSum: 007A0D3D ImageSize: 007BD000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown [​IMG]

Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown [​IMG]

axe0, Oct 6, 2016
  5. bachware Win User
    ...I very seldom get the BSOD on shutdown, now.

bachware, Nov 30, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    What did you do in the year that passed?

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown - Similar Threads - kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly

2. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: I recently cloned my windows installation to a new drive and started getting BSODs. I mostly seem to be getting Kernel Security Check FailureI've tried the following:- Making sure all drivers are updated- sfc/ scannow- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth- Check Disc...
  3. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: I recently cloned my windows installation to a new drive and started getting BSODs. I mostly seem to be getting Kernel Security Check FailureI've tried the following:- Making sure all drivers are updated- sfc/ scannow- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth- Check Disc...
  4. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Random KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hi I am currently getting this random BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE upon checking event viewer I am getting this message The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffff581b0277680, 0xfffff581b02775d8,...
  6. Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I get the BSOD when i watch netflix/youtube, it also happens sometimes when i randomly browse the net. I have removed the graphics card, external hdd and have replaced the ram, motherboard and PSU. Ive ran chk disk and DISM, reinstalled a fresh copy of windows on the hdd...
  7. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at random times

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at random times: At completely random times (or so I think so) I get the BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I have updated all my drivers, updated windows, reinstalled all my drivers, but still no luck. When I use the Driver Verifier Manager to find unsigned drivers I find two...
  8. Random BSODs on surface pro 3, kernel_security_check_failure

Random BSODs on surface pro 3, kernel_security_check_failure: Hi, My Surface Pro 3 has recently started having BSODs (kernel_security_check_failure). They happen with seemingly no reason. The surface is a replacement for a broken one, and has all the same software. I have done research and haven't come up with anything so far. The DM...
  9. Random and constant BSODs, nearly all KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Random and constant BSODs, nearly all KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Alright, so I'm at a loss here. I just put together this PC last week, and everything was working great until I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. I started having issues yesterday, when my PC randomly crashed with the error message "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE." I had not...
  10. BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: This has happened more than 30 times already within 5 hours span. The crash happens at random and I have no idea of knowing when it will happen. Infact, it crashed 3 times while I was trying to post this. This problem has never occurred before upgraded to Windows 10. I...