Windows 10: Get network connectivity back - Sockets missing?

Discus and support Get network connectivity back - Sockets missing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; History: All of a sudden, of course, it happened. Went to open Firefox (don't recall the version, but not more than 2-3 months old,) on my portable,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by flycaster, Jan 22, 2017.

1. flycaster Win User

Get network connectivity back - Sockets missing?

History:
    All of a sudden, of course, it happened. Went to open Firefox (don't recall the version, but not more than 2-3 months old,) on my portable, it opened but all the favs I tried responded with "No server found." I then tried iExplorer and got the same response. However, both browsers opened and worked well on my desktop. Both computers use the same wireless modem/router (Comcast supplied.) I then went to check the internet connection (via Control Panel>Network and Internet) found that the portable was not connected even though the blue connection light on the portable (HP Envy) was on. The results of trouble shooting were : "Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing one or more." So, I then did a system restore, but still no connectivity (same diagnostic error report*Wink and furthermore, I then got the XPCOM error when I tried to open Firefox.

I'm good at following directions, but when it comes to fixing or understanding network problems, I'm a real dud. So, I'd
    very much appreciate some help in getting my network connectivity back.

:)

flycaster, Jan 22, 2017

2. missing network protocals error

windows 10.. unable to see network computers and or home group. windows socket s registry entries for connectivity are missing. Where are they and how do I get them back?

MikeDavis1937, Jan 22, 2017
  3. Unable to reinstall Windows Stores App.

Hi Pawan

Well that fixed the problem, but by doing that it has given me another problem, and that is it has deleated my internet connection, so I am unable to get onto the net. Have tried many ways to get it back but it comes back with the following Missing Windows
    socket Registry. Entries required for network connections are missing. What does that mean ? over to you.

Regards,

Alan

Alan Suter, Jan 22, 2017
  4. Get network connectivity back - Sockets missing?

I would look in Window Update history and see if you have any failing updates, Settings, Updates and Security, Update History. If any are failing I would first recommend you run the Windows Update Trouble shooter. (note if you received any new drivers recently, looking for root cause of this issue.)

Type troubleshooting in the Cortana search bar, troubleshooting appears at top.
    Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click.
    Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”.
    Should run clean. If not run again. If it fails a second time you likely need to get network working again.

There is a Network reset built into 10. Settings, Network and Internet, scroll to bottom of right window and you should find "Reset". You need to reenter wireless passwords.

If that doesn't resolve then try flushing your dns and then execute these two resets. Everything gets entered command prompt(admin)

ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset

Power device down and power on.

I would also power down the Comcast device, count to 15 and power up.

Assuming communications are re-established you can move on to XPCOM error. You likely already read that Mozilla says do a clean install of Firefox. Maybe you get lucky and it runs okay once network established.

Caledon Ken, Jan 23, 2017
Thema:

Get network connectivity back - Sockets missing?

1. Get network connectivity back - Sockets missing? - Similar Threads - network connectivity Sockets

2. How do I get the missing adapter back in Network Connections?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the missing adapter back in Network Connections?: Have a system that connects to the network and internet. Device is listed in Device Manager and Network & Internet in settings but when I go to try and change adapter settings nothing is present under network connections. How do I get the adapter back under Network...
  3. How do I get the missing adapter back in Network Connections?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the missing adapter back in Network Connections?: Have a system that connects to the network and internet. Device is listed in Device Manager and Network & Internet in settings but when I go to try and change adapter settings nothing is present under network connections. How do I get the adapter back under Network...
  4. How do I get the missing adapter back in Network Connections?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer USB Socket connection: I am having issues with my USB ports affecting mainly USB Memory Sticks and my Wacom. If I plug anything into any USB port after I have started my computer, it does not come on screen. On plugging and item into USB port the normal pick-up sound is made and Device Manager...
  6. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer USB Socket connection: I am having issues with my USB ports affecting mainly USB Memory Sticks and my Wacom. If I plug anything into any USB port after I have started my computer, it does not come on screen. On plugging and item into USB port the normal pick-up sound is made and Device Manager...
  7. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "Network Connections" Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network Connections" Missing: Have a plain vanilla Windows 10 desktop, upgraded from 8.1 Fake Microsoft tech got in and screwed things up. Owner pulled the plug before too much was done. Got it cleaned up but lost the Network Connection. Device Manager shows Adapter "Realtec PCIe FE Family Controller"...
  9. Missing connection in "Network Connections"

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing connection in "Network Connections": Have a plain vanilla Windows 10 desktop, upgraded from 8.1 Fake Microsoft tech got in and screwed things up. Owner pulled the plug before too much was done. Got it cleaned up but lost the Network Connection. Device Manager shows Adapter "Realtec PCIe FE Family Controller"...
  10. windows sockets registry entries required for network connection are m

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows sockets registry entries required for network connection are m: Upgrading from win 8.1 Pro to win10. Seemed to be going well and then saw lost internet connection in systray. Troubleshooting came up with "windows sockets registry entries required for network connection are missing". Can anyone help resolving this item? I can connect to...