Windows 10: Get Office app has stopped working

Discus and support Get Office app has stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I checked on the stability report last night, and I found out that the "Get Office" app has been having issues every single day. The computer does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by satchmo, Aug 10, 2015.

1. satchmo Win User

Get Office app has stopped working

I checked on the stability report last night, and I found out that the "Get Office" app has been having issues every single day.

The computer does not crash, and there was no error message. Without examining the stability report, one would never know there's anything wrong.

I uninstalled the app, and everything seems to be fine now. I sign onto Windows locally, without using my Outlook account.

It's an annoying nagware anyway. Nevertheless, I am curious on whether anyone else has noticed this.

:)

satchmo, Aug 10, 2015
  2. sye_2_eye Win User

Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working trying to Sync WMDC

Hi,

I’m having problems tying to sync my iPaq Business navigator with Outlook 2003 where Outlook keeps crashing with the message; ‘Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working’. This is the problem detail report I get:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE

Application Version: 11.0.8169.0

Application Timestamp: 465f28e3

Fault Module Name: ashOutXt.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d2ebaaa

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 64f09477

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

I also get the following message:

‘Microsoft Outlook Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator.’

I have tried a clean uninstall and reinstall of both Windows Mobile Device Center and Office 2003, deleted partnerships and run fixmapi.exe, detect and repair but still the same problem. I had to replace my hard drive so W7 64bit is a clean
    new install (and it all worked before). Hope someone can help.

sye_2_eye, Aug 10, 2015
  3. WillardZ Win User
    Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working trying to Sync WMDC

Thanks for posting your fix. It worked for me too. Whoda thunK?

WillardZ, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Get Office app has stopped working

I get the same, plus a couple of others

I usually just ignore crashes in the reliability report, wait for ms to fix them, they don't usually cause any issues

paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Get Office app has stopped working

1. Get Office app has stopped working - Similar Threads - Office app has

2. why has my office package stopped working & how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why has my office package stopped working & how do I get it back?: I have started an open university course, they said I needed Microsoft 365 & I duly set it up, the problem I have is my original office word excel etc will now not work. HELP PLEASE...
  3. why has my office package stopped working & how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why has my office package stopped working & how do I get it back?: I have started an open university course, they said I needed Microsoft 365 & I duly set it up, the problem I have is my original office word excel etc will now not work. HELP PLEASE...
  4. why has my office package stopped working & how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keep getting backgrondTaskHost.exe has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting backgrondTaskHost.exe has stopped working.: Hello. I keep receiving the error, BackgroundTaskHost.exe has stopped working. I tried a factory reset on my laptop to fix it but it keeps slowing. How do I fix this?...
  6. Keep getting backgrondTaskHost.exe has stopped working.

Keep getting backgrondTaskHost.exe has stopped working.: Hello. I keep receiving the error, BackgroundTaskHost.exe has stopped working. I tried a factory reset on my laptop to fix it but it keeps slowing. How do I fix this?...
  7. Getting office apps to work offline.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting office apps to work offline.: I feel like Im going insane as I recall that I could, not long ago mind you, use office apps offline without having to sign into 'onedrive'. When I'm disconnected from the internet and need to use excel, word, powerpoint or something else I get this screen: Considering my...
  8. Getting office apps to work offline.

Getting office apps to work offline.: I feel like Im going insane as I recall that I could, not long ago mind you, use office apps offline without having to sign into 'onedrive'. When I'm disconnected from the internet and need to use excel, word, powerpoint or something else I get this screen: Considering my...
  9. update browser for app has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    update browser for app has stopped working: does anyone have any idea what this relates to following the latest Microsoft may windows 10 build ? thanks 180574
  10. kindle app has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kindle app has stopped working: This morning, trying to download a book, after downloading a sample, i am told the kindle app is no longer avaible, go to microsoft support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-app-has-stopped-working/db2e16dc-dc4b-4a59-8484-1f74c133faa8