Windows 10: Get Quick Results with Microsoft Edge and Cortana

Discus and support Get Quick Results with Microsoft Edge and Cortana in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We hope you are as excited as we are that Cortana*, your personal digital assistant, is now available on Windows 10. What’s more, Cortana also works in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Get Quick Results with Microsoft Edge and Cortana

Source: Get Quick Results with Microsoft Edge and Cortana | Blogging Windows

:)

Brink, Sep 15, 2015

2. Microsoft Cortana not using default browser when doing a Bing search

I recently installed the Microsoft fall creators update. When I was finished, my Microsoft Edge was unusable. It would not open any of the menu items. In order to get a workable browser, I installed Google Chrome. Google Chrome works just fine. However,
    when I do a Bing search using Cortana, Cortana, tries to open the Bing results using Microsoft Edge. Since Microsoft Edge is no longer working, The Bing results cannot be displayed. Can I get Microsoft Cortana Google Chrome to display the Bing results instead
    of Microsoft Edge. I currently can't do searches with Cortana. Please help.

William Kochevar, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 apps not opening

Having same problem. Only the Microsoft Edge and Cortana will open with the tiles. No other apps will open from tiles. When I went to Microsoft's website and tried to download some of the apps, that does not work either. I get the same result on their
    website that I get on my desktop. A quick flash and then nothing. I hope someone comes up with a fix soon, or it's back to Windows 7.

BudHennessy, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Get Quick Results with Microsoft Edge and Cortana

Love the both of them I have got rid of IE11 as it is so nice not to keep crashing, or IE11 has to close because it has run into trouble and needs to close.

I for one will never go back to 8.1
    So well done Microsoft and well done to you for making this forum and for all your posts that I have enjoyed reading and even using some of them.
    So once again Thank you

hTconeM9user, Sep 15, 2015
  5. It's good to see that Microsoft is venturing into areas that can help consumers save money while going about our daily lives. I really appreciate having my Android phone tell me when Sonic has free Chili Dogs, or Target has my favorited items on sale.

Hopefully, Microsoft will continue to make Edge and Win10 work better, in addition to adding new features. They're still sorta stripped down, compared to IE-11 and Win7.

AllenChicago, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Get Quick Results with Microsoft Edge and Cortana

1. Get Quick Results with Microsoft Edge and Cortana - Similar Threads - Quick Results Microsoft

2. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  3. Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently: Hi, How I can remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge permanently from Windows 10 Pro? I did this successfully by renaming specific folder in "systemapps". But after feature updates installation, it started to work again. Please guide how can i permanently remove Cortana & EDGE...
  4. Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana

in Cortana
    Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana: I have been burned by stuff in the Microsoft App Store and do not want to waste my time there ever again. I would sooner download some unvouched for beta package from Sourceforge or Github...or even get a "nothing found" result so that I don't go through the hassle of reading...
  5. Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge and Cortana: I also hate these two programs and it is unacceptable that Microsoft is trying to decide for us, what programs are beneficial. They need to write a patch to completely remove these two programs(they are not apps, apps are on an Android phone, by the way app is an acronym...
  6. Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results: Ever since Build 14385 and now in 14388, Cortana has been using and opening IE as the browser for showing search web results instead of Edge. Edge is set as the default browser and has been for a long time. Have checked all the settings in both Edge and IE, as well as in...
  7. Edge and Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana: I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions. A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their...
  8. Cortana Not Showing Results,But Giving Voice Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Showing Results,But Giving Voice Results: Hello ... I have problem with Cortana search results. When i give her voice command, she answering my question by voice but not showing results. here's the Screenshoot [img] 30985
  9. Show Cortana Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Cortana Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer: How to: Show Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer How to Show Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 version 1903. When searching the web from...
  10. Microsoft's Cortana gets refined search results in Windows 10 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Cortana gets refined search results in Windows 10 for PC: It looks like the Cortana team is continuing to update and improve search results usingCortana in Windows 10. A cursory glance at local search results using Windows 10 for PC (not mobile) reveals that search strings can now break down the results by category such as apps,...