Windows 10: get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business?

Discus and support get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can someone advise me on how to get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business? See the below screen [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mikolajek, Dec 3, 2015.

1. mikolajek Win User

get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business?

Can someone advise me on how to get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business? See the below screen

get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business? [​IMG]

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

The above mentioned tricks don't work for this particular folder and I can't really find it in the Registry... *Sad

I was hoping this was this one {24D89E24-2F19-4534-9DDE-6A6671FBB8FE} described as "OneDrive Documents" but the well-know trick with adding "ThisPCPolicy" string with "Hide" value doesn't seem to work...

:)

mikolajek, Dec 3, 2015
  2. ekinsb Win User

How to clean up "This PC"?

I've been trying to set up OneDrive to back up some of my user folders and probably made a couple of mistakes along the way but have it all working now except for one problem. My "Documents" folder is not displaying in "This PC" and instead there is an
    item named "New folder" in "This PC" that has the icon that the Documents folder should have but points to a folder called "New folder" because when I click on it I get an error that "New folder" is unavailable. The other usual folders are there "Desktop",
    "Downloads", "Music", etc. How can I create the item for "Documents" and delete the "New folder" item? Or change the name of "New folder" and point it to the correct documents folder?

ekinsb, Dec 3, 2015
  3. f13_dirt Win User
    Can't delete old Skydrive folder full of placeholders

I have a Windows 10 computer upgraded from 8.1. I have two "Onedrive" folders. One is actually my current Onedrive folder which syncs with no issues. However, my second folder is actually my old "Skydrive" folder which is full of the "placeholder" files
    with the blue sync arrows on them. No matter what I try, I can't get rid of the old Skydrive/Onedrive folder. Nothing I do in the registry, permissions, ownership... ANYTHING,,, will get rid of the old, unsyncing placeholder files from the original Windows
    8.1 installation. How do I remove this folder?

f13_dirt, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello mikolajek, *Smile

I don't have OneDrive Business to test with, but you might see if the .reg file below may be able to remove its Documents folder for you. You'll need to restart afterwards to fully apply.

64-bit_Remove_OneDrive-Documents_Folder_in_This_PC.reg

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{24D89E24-2F19-4534-9DDE-6A6671FBB8FE}\PropertyBag] "ThisPCPolicy"="Hide" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{24D89E24-2F19-4534-9DDE-6A6671FBB8FE}\PropertyBag] "ThisPCPolicy"="Hide" [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{24D89E24-2F19-4534-9DDE-6A6671FBB8FE}] [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{24D89E24-2F19-4534-9DDE-6A6671FBB8FE}][/quote]

Brink, Dec 3, 2015
  5. mikolajek Win User
    Thanks for this, Brink, but unfortunately it's not working *Sad This is a strange issue indeed as this one is some sort of folder redirection and besides inability to get rid of Documents folder link, it also causes duplicate Documents folder entries in Open/Save dialogs.

If anyone has come across the way of resolving this, I'd appreciate it!.

mikolajek, Dec 7, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    mikolajek, *Smile

Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing what all it's doing to see if it may help.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business? - Similar Threads - rid Documents folder

2. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  3. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  4. OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Creates Documents Folder Over and Over Again: Hello everyone! For some reason, for what I think has been half a year, I have noticed that OneDrive has been creating a Documents folder in it's directory nearly every day. I delete it but it always reappears. Also, I should mention that I do not have a folder backup for my...
  5. Deleting OneDrive Folder Gets Rid of files locally.

Deleting OneDrive Folder Gets Rid of files locally.: Hello so when I decided to delete my OneDrive folder it deleted files locally not only on my C drive but also my D: drive for example everything that was on my desktop is gone. Is there any fix for this?...
  6. Business Folder in Documents (Vanished)

Business Folder in Documents (Vanished): So, on Tues 6/4/19 was working in my Business Folder (Documents) that contains 90% of my businesses data. On Wed 6/5/19 all of a sudden that Folder and ALL its contents were GONE. I searched searched searched....... NOTHING Hidden Files are always shown. I've...
  7. Onedrive for Business Shared Folders

Onedrive for Business Shared Folders: We currently use Dropbox to share team folders in real time and I would like to replace it with Onedrive but I don´t see a way to download shared folders to each team members´computer. Is there a way to do this in Onedrive for business? I am considering using Sharepoint...
  8. How to get Documents folder out of OneDrive?

How to get Documents folder out of OneDrive?: Hi, I am trying to move my Documents and music folders from the C drive to a micro 128GB extra storage to use less space on the 28GB C drive in the Lenovo mini Laptop. However, I run up against a error warning telling I can't do that. Here is the message: "The folder...
  9. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  10. How to stop OneDrive automatically creating new Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop OneDrive automatically creating new Documents folder: We have upgraded two PCs and a laptop to Windows 10 and use OneDrive to synchronise certain folders between them all. It seemed to work fine under windows 7. However, under Windows 10, OneDrive insists on creating a new Documents folder under OneDrive - both online and on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get rid of onedrive music folder

2. how to get rid of folder documents in onedrive