Windows 10: Get rid of login screen?!

Discus and support Get rid of login screen?! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there a way to completely get rid of the login screen in Windows 10? I have it set up so I don't have to enter my password to login, but it still... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xraychick01, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Get rid of login screen?!

Is there a way to completely get rid of the login screen in Windows 10? I have it set up so I don't have to enter my password to login, but it still pops up the login screen and I have to click "login" upon startup or waking from sleep. Is there a way that I don't have to do this? I want to totally get rid of the login screen all together. I don't even want to see it. I'm the only one that uses this computer. I'm not worried about any security issues. It's annoying!

:)

xraychick01, Dec 13, 2015
  2. abha1234 Win User

Can't verify my login email to get rid of it

Hi

I would like to get rid of the email login. I was not happy with putting my personal details into a microsoft account just to create a login for my personal computer. So I created the account required when requested when setting up my new laptop. I didn't
    enter my real birthdate or other details but unfortunately (and yes foolishly), I don't recall what details I did enter and now cannot recover the password which I have forgotten as I never use the email as an email - I use a PIN for logging into the PC.
    I have been around in a loop with trying to verify that this is my account, it's all automated and there are no real people on the end of the line....which is exactly why I didn't want an email address in the first place...why should microsoft control my ability
    to login to my personal hardware??? Can someone please help me to get rid of this email login so I can use the local account setting?

abha1234, Dec 13, 2015
  3. How to get rid of annoying Windows account login notification in windows anniversary ?

Hi Guru,

Well that is my concern why should i verify a microsoft account to use windows, rather than using it simply with local computer account ? it is just a way of tracking the user basically which microsoft account holder is using which machine !!

As far the antivirus Explanation is given you are absolutely right but the fact is that my defender is turned off ( i did it) even after that the clash of antivirus is happening.

niteshrawat, Dec 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Get rid of login screen?!

Hello xraychick01, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You shouldn't see the sign-in screen at startup if you have Windows setup to automatically sign in to an account at startup. As a precaution, use step 5 in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below to set this again. Be sure to enter the password correctly. A mistake made here could cause what you're experiencing.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

In addition, double check using the tutorial below to make sure that you have turned off requiring a password on wakeup.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 13, 2015
  5. I had previously done both of those. It appears my computer just needed a reboot to see that I had. So far it appears to be working. Thank you.

xraychick01, Dec 13, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Get rid of login screen?!

1. Get rid of login screen?! - Similar Threads - rid login screen

2. Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen: Some time in Windows 10 the date/time started appearing on the lock screen, and I queried this. Now in Windows 11, despite unchecking the tips and stuff on lock screen option, the ugly date/time appears. I really, really, really HATE this. MS chat support just pointed e to...
  3. Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting rid of ugly date/time on login/lock screen: Some time in Windows 10 the date/time started appearing on the lock screen, and I queried this. Now in Windows 11, despite unchecking the tips and stuff on lock screen option, the ugly date/time appears. I really, really, really HATE this. MS chat support just pointed e to...
  4. Getting rid of screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting rid of screen time: How do I get rid of screen time on my childs device I have an hp labtopwindows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-of-screen-time/c770218f-066e-4719-a5a2-15cfe0edb7ef
  5. Unwanted account login screen. ( how do I get rid of this )

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unwanted account login screen. ( how do I get rid of this ): [ATTACH] So I was messing with my account settings this morning and I did something that created another login account. both of them have the same email address, but I think that the one I want is a local account and the useless one isn't. does anyone know what I can do...
  6. can't get rid of login screen on 18362

can't get rid of login screen on 18362: Hello, I am trying to get rid of the sign in screen after sleep. But it seems something has changed. I am using build 18362 but i can't get rid of it. I have: empty password, used gpedit to disable the lock screen, and used netplwiz to disable login pass, still i get the...
  7. can't get rid of login screen on 18362

in Windows 10 Support
    can't get rid of login screen on 18362: Hello, I am trying to get rid of the sign in screen after sleep. But it seems something has changed. I am using build 18362 but i can't get rid of it. I have: empty password, used gpedit to disable the lock screen, and used netplwiz to disable login pass, still i get the...
  8. Getting rid of Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting rid of Lock Screen?: Running same build - "Creators Update" - on 2 different machines, one Lenovo and one older Dell. Before the Creators, at some point, after some unknown updates the Dell started to boot to Lock Screen. Click on it and normal Desktop appears. Lenovo still boots up from dead...
  9. Can't get rid of PIN login at startup

Can't get rid of PIN login at startup: I created a PIN login a while ago and then decided to get rid of it as it poor security - the regular Windows 10 login seems much more secure. I went to Settings/Accounts/Sign in options/PIN but there is no Remove button, only an Add button, which seems to indicate that the...
  10. How to *completely* get rid of that pesky login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to *completely* get rid of that pesky login screen?: I'm really enjoying Windows 10, but something is really bothering me about it. When I boot up my PC (I have "fast boot" on my BIOS if that matters), I want it to go directly to my desktop just like in older Windows. But no, it shows this screen: [img] This is not my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get rid of the login screen 1803