Windows 10: Get rid of right half of start menu

Discus and support Get rid of right half of start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Click the start menu button. The left half is the traditional side- the right half is the side with all those live tiles and windows 8.1/windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kneehowguys, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Get rid of right half of start menu

Click the start menu button. The left half is the traditional side- the right half is the side with all those live tiles and windows 8.1/windows 10 style touch apps. How do I get rid of that right part?

Problem in my googling is that I don't know what it's called. Closest thing I've found is unpinning individual windows- that's not what I want. I just want to get rid of that whole right part.

:)

kneehowguys, Mar 4, 2016

2. Getting rid of little icons on the bottom right of the Taskbar

All settings>System display>notifications & actions>select which icons..... Select (&/or turn system icons on/off

Get rid of right half of start menu [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 4, 2016
  3. Getting rid of little icons on the bottom right of the Taskbar

Ignore the ugly black screen, which is a question in a different post. I want to get rid of the annoying little icons on the right side of the Taskbar but can't find the place to do it. They are too small, and too numerous, to be useful.

I apologize for asking stupid questions but Windows 10 has made me stupid.

PhilipSchatz, Mar 4, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Get rid of right half of start menu

Right click on and unpin all the tiles.
    The Menu will collapse itself after it closes.

Edwin, Mar 4, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    And why do you want to get rid of it ??

6. Ztruker Win User
    Install Classic Shell or Start8 or similar. Then you have the normal pre Windows 8 and 10 Start Menu. For instance, mine looks like htis:

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Get rid of right half of start menu

1. Get rid of right half of start menu - Similar Threads - rid right half

2. Half of my start menu application are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of my start menu application are not working: As of the title says half of my start menu application are not working, when I click the application it will make my computer freeze then it will not open at all. It is not happening on all application but almost half of it. It doesnt matter if it is windows apps or third...
  3. How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?: Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs when I navigated there. Then, I did a search on C:, to no avail. Nothing. Google has nothing for me. :-( TIA. 175074
  4. What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hyperman500 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln4ema/what_is_this_covering_half_my_search_menu_and_how/
  5. How to get rid of web search results in start menu?

How to get rid of web search results in start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flawr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv7e5r/how_to_get_rid_of_web_search_results_in_start_menu/
  6. Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles

Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zuh3nt5hd6a51.png?width=397&format=png&auto=webp&s=db2791f3d05873b8399f06e366eec8e7d014fb24 submitted by /u/jaaaamis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp5kno/empty_start_menu_after_getting_rid_of_tiles/
  7. How to get rid of ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu: I did an update to Windows 10 and the following ended up at the bottom of my start menu : ms-resource:AppListName I am using : Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 When I would click on ms-resource:AppListName with my mouse, nothing would happen and there...
  8. Disable half grid in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable half grid in Start Menu: When you drag item in Start Menu, the automatic layout system often give out a half grid result which is not useful for some people, like me. Is there a setting to disable this? Can it be disabled by default (may be a poll is needed.)....
  9. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  10. Start menu tiles half missing at times

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles half missing at times: On the start menu, the tiles that I made small sometimes half disappear for some reason. Also, not all of my small tiles half disappear, it's only some of them. If I restart the problem is fixed but it usually comes back later. Does anyone know how to fix it? [img] 16105