Windows 10: get rid of the sign on pics or at least something I like

Discus and support get rid of the sign on pics or at least something I like in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; These sign on photos in Lock Screen are annoying. Worse is: MS always saves the one's I Do NoT Likr, now stuck with them. how and where can I change to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arabian Horse, Nov 24, 2017.

1. get rid of the sign on pics or at least something I like

These sign on photos in Lock Screen are annoying. Worse is: MS always saves the one's I Do NoT Likr, now stuck with them. how and where can I change to something I enjoy. thanks

:)

Arabian Horse, Nov 24, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do I get rid of the sign-on screen that asks for a password? I just want to be able to turn the computer on and use it - no typing in of passwords.

Hi Chris, please read that post, I did not say to paste it here -

"Click your Start button, type snipping and hit Enter

This will open the snipping tool

Take a screenshot with the snipping tool and save it to your Desktop

Then in your next post, click the second last button to upload the screenshot into your post . . ."

DaveM121, Nov 24, 2017
  3. How do I get rid of the sign-on screen that asks for a password? I just want to be able to turn the computer on and use it - no typing in of passwords.

What is the make and model of your computer?

The Windows Key is usually between teh CTRL and Alt keys on bottom left of keyboard.

Right Click the Start Button -

Select either Command Prompt (Admin) OR Windows PowerShell (Admin) - a prompt will come up that looks like C:\Windows\System32>

type in --> control userpasswords2

Uncheck "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer".

-----

These show you that method and others to do the same thing.

How to Automatically Sign in to User Account at Startup in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3539-sign-us...

How To Automatically Logon To Windows 10 or Windows 8

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/fl/auto

If those do not work are you using a Work-related computer setup up by an IT or Computer Dept.?

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 24, 2017
  4. get rid of the sign on pics or at least something I like

Hi Arabian Horse. Welcome to the TenForums @Arabian Horse

This tutorial will show you how to customize. I will warn you there seems to be a bug in this code with several members saying that if the change they don't get what they want and it can be difficult to reset.

That said you should be able to defeat the Windows Spotlight pictures one way or the other.

Change Lock Screen Background in Windows 10

Please note the related tutorials at the bottom of the tutorial.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 24, 2017
  5. HI K

Thank you for answering my query. I did find an area to turn off the MS Start up photos, they are annoying.

Nonetheless, now I am left with 4 photos NOT A FAN OF....... geezzzz

So, how does one turn it back on (if you have the time) and retrieve or get back into this stupid waste of time and save a few decent photos we are FAN of.

Every time I hit FAN of, they were gone. When NOT A FAN the photos stayed.

This is all extremely childish! But if I MUST see a photo on my start up, really would prefer something I like
    Thank you for your time and help
    Respectfully

M

Arabian Horse, Nov 26, 2017
  6. As I said in first post, there is something wrong with this.

I'll show you this thread.

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

I'm not a fan of registry hacks.... There are likely others threads on subject. On the machine I changed the lock and password screen now have a mind of their own. I'm ignoring them expecting a fix in the next month or two. (Nothing official, I just figure its the front door of your system, one I think MS is proud of so I'm hoping they have prioritized.)

Caledon Ken, Nov 26, 2017
  7. Thank Ken,

Not being IT savvy, think I will leave this alone with this new computer, do not want strange bugs affecting my work.

Thank you so much for all your input and time!!
    Cheers
    M

Arabian Horse, Nov 26, 2017
  8. get rid of the sign on pics or at least something I like

I'm sure this will be fixed. Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

get rid of the sign on pics or at least something I like

1. get rid of the sign on pics or at least something I like - Similar Threads - rid sign pics

2. sign in screen pics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in screen pics: im trying to change the sign in screen' pic choices to one of my personal pic files....i go thru the entire process; right click desktop, personalize, background, slideshow, add folder...at this point i search my desktop for a personal photo file...it show all my personal...
  3. sign in screen pics

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign in screen pics: im trying to change the sign in screen' pic choices to one of my personal pic files....i go thru the entire process; right click desktop, personalize, background, slideshow, add folder...at this point i search my desktop for a personal photo file...it show all my personal...
  4. sign in screen pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. There are something on my Laptop and I cannot get rid of it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There are something on my Laptop and I cannot get rid of it.: Recently I am downloading games for Steam. I find it the downloading speed is really slow and I open edge to check on it. And my edge settings are gone wrong, from a default English interface change into a Czech language then Bulgarian then Praha, there is a cookies agreement...
  6. how do i get rid of this sign in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i get rid of this sign in: Please can someone tell me how to get rid of the sign in process when i start up windows 10 submitted by /u/FranRha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhbhcu/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_sign_in/
  7. How do I get rid of this everytime I search something?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this everytime I search something?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EBM9000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvlmuj/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_everytime_i_search/
  8. pics look like ghost

in Windows 10 Customization
    pics look like ghost: Kids got into my setting and now all the graphics & pics look like ghost. How do I fix it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/pics-look-like-ghost/a2dd87ff-23b1-4130-9b93-43efeb9e66f8
  9. Get rid of mandatory reboot to install something.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of mandatory reboot to install something.: Is there anyway to get rid of the mandatory you must reboot to install a program thing? 51645
  10. Can't get rid of the screensaver pics

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get rid of the screensaver pics: I want to get rid of the screensaver with all the scenery pics where it asks if you like this picture, etc., which I have to click numerous times in just the right spot to get rid of. I just want to power on to the password prompt. (Better yet, no password prompt at all--just...