Windows 10: Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer"

Discus and support Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Network with a WinXP computer & a Win10 computer. I have shortcuts on each desktop to copy files that I use frequently back & forth. When I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phrab, Sep 2, 2018.

1. phrab Win User

Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer"

I have a Network with a WinXP computer & a Win10 computer. I have shortcuts on each desktop to copy files that I use frequently back & forth. When I'm on my Win10 computer & copy certain files from Win10 to WinXP, I get the warning "These files may be harmful to your computer".

I can copy some files (like .doc files & outlook.pst) from either computer in either direction without any warning. Oddly, while I'm on the Win10 machine, I can copy a file from WinXP to Win10. But if I try to copy a file from my Roboform password manager from Win10 to WinXP, ONLY when I try from my Win10 machine, I get the warning.

I read online that you can get rid of the warning by going to Internet Explorer Options & changing the security level to low-medium & adding your network to the lan. So I added \\WinXPComputerName & it shows up as file://WinXPComputerName. I rebooted both computers, bbut still get the warning.

How can I get rid of that warning? Thank you in advance.

:)

phrab, Sep 2, 2018
  2. now4dw Win User

Win 10 security warning - "These files might be harmful to your computer"

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, that fixed the issue. FYI, I left the level at the second step which still warns if an application attempts to make changes BUT does not trigger a warning when you move files.

Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer" :)

now4dw, Sep 2, 2018
  3. harmful file

hi i just had a message pop up saying i got a harmful file in mass storge

ive got the n95 8gb is there anything that i can use to do a scan to get rid of it

cool2005---01, Sep 2, 2018
  4. darbs9172 Win User

These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop)

Ah, my mistake with the \ and /.
    Folder now moved as suggested and problem now solved. No idea how this happened.
    However.................if I now move a file to the recycle bin and want to restore it back to its original location, I am being prompted with this one now.....

Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer" [​IMG]

Now when deleting from the desktop again, I am prompted with:

Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer" [​IMG]

darbs9172, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer" - Similar Threads - rid Warning files

2. I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...: I have Windows 10 installed on my 1TB SSD and my personal files on my 4TB HDD. I've put the default folders, such as Music, Pictures, and Documents, on the HDD by changing their path as soon as I finished installing the operating system. The letter assigned to the HDD was...
  3. I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...: I have Windows 10 installed on my 1TB SSD and my personal files on my 4TB HDD. I've put the default folders, such as Music, Pictures, and Documents, on the HDD by changing their path as soon as I finished installing the operating system. The letter assigned to the HDD was...
  4. I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why am I getting "The files might be harmful to your computer" warnings whenever I try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting "The files might be harmful to your computer" warnings whenever I try to...: As stated, I'm trying to move picture files from one folder to another on my USB drive, but for some reason I'm getting these stupid "these files might be harmful to your computer" errors pop-ups! It didn't happen yesterday or the day before, and when it happened a few months...
  6. The file you are attempting to preview may harm your computer. ..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The file you are attempting to preview may harm your computer. ..: The file you are attempting to preview may harm your computer. ..How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-file-you-are-attempting-to-preview-may-harm/da3b36f7-5ded-4ba3-af21-fb80420cb5c4
  7. Opening these files may be harmful to your computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Opening these files may be harmful to your computer: Today I downloaded about 20 songs from the internet. I scanned them using Windows Defender and the anti-virus software I use" Kaspersky Internet Security". Both of them found no treats. I want to move them to another folder. When I right clicked on them after selecting them...
  8. These files might be harmful to your computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    These files might be harmful to your computer: How do I disable this notice? I have read many things .. watched YT videos .. followed the steps .. it all comes to a halt when it tells me to enter the IP address .. how do I find that for a USB memory?...
  9. These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when...

These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when...: My question is that how can I get rid of that annoying notification, when I am transfering files from my computer to our local network drives or from them to my own computer? [ATTACH] I can't change "Internet options" - they are all "locked". [ATTACH] Neither changing...
  10. These files might be harmful to your computer

These files might be harmful to your computer: I transferred some of my files from my phone to my hard drive, but once I sorted and transferred those files to the folders a warning always shows up. No virus or anything on my Windows 10 laptop and this warning is already grating on my nerves. What can I do about it? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro version 1903 these files might be harmful to your computer

2. how to get rid of warning on desktop folders