Windows 10: "Get Started" can't be opened using the Builtin Admin .. but I'm not

Discus and support "Get Started" can't be opened using the Builtin Admin .. but I'm not in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Second time recently I've seen this on different laptops updated to Anniversary: I have one user account setup; the "built-in Administrator" account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cognus, Jan 7, 2017.

1. cognus Win User

"Get Started" can't be opened using the Builtin Admin .. but I'm not

Second time recently I've seen this on different laptops updated to Anniversary:
    I have one user account setup; the "built-in Administrator" account is inactive [in fact never been otherwise].
    in the one user account I restarted using advanced options in order to get Safe Mode going.
    When the system boots, I get the real User account, input the password, and login. Then a box pops up on the screen as follows:
    "This app can't open
    Get Started can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sin in with a different account..."

But I'm not using builtin Administrator.

at any rate, is this just a bug I should ignore? any quick way to fix?

:)

cognus, Jan 7, 2017

2. "Get Started can't be opened using the built-in administrator account"...and “secpol.msc” cannot be found. PC in nonresponsive.

Hello Joey,

Thank you for getting back to us with the status of the issue.

Let's try and check if the below steps can help you to resolve this issue:

These are the requirements to be able to run Apps.

Make sure your screen resolution is at least 1024x768

Make sure User Account Control (UAC) is enabled. Press the Windows key and from the Start screen type UAC and on the right, select Settings.
    Select Change User Account Control settings and verify here.

The problem with the Built-in Administrator account is that it automatically bypasses the User Account Control settings and this is required for running the Store Apps.

You need to Enable the User Account Control (UAC) option.

Open Control Panel /
    User Accounts.

Select the Change User Account Control settings.

The Slider should be set to the
    3rd option from the bottom.

After you make a change, select the OK Button.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 7, 2017
  3. joey1960 Win User
    "Get Started can't be opened using the built-in administrator account"...and “secpol.msc” cannot be found. PC in nonresponsive.

The system is so non-responsive I went through your steps in Safe Mode, then booted up normally. The system is still rediculously slow and still very non-reponsive. In normal mode, literally nothing will run. **** is up with Windows 10 doing this and
    why doesn't Microsoft do more for their customers to take care of this?

Now I can't get it to boot into safe mode because it just signs directly into the "test" account I made, and the response time is too slow for f4 to register that I'm trying to get into safe mode.

I bought this laptop from the Microsoft Store (Order 9338236776),
    assuming Microsoft would put together a more stable O/S and support files than what Dell would do, but obviously I was wrong. Can someone call me and walk me through this? I'm a college student with papers due so I can graduate in 3 weeks!

joey1960, Jan 7, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jan 8, 2017
Thema:

1. "Get Started" can't be opened using the Builtin Admin .. but I'm not - Similar Threads - Started can't opened

2. Can't Use PIN Due to "Organization" Rules But I'm the Only Admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Use PIN Due to "Organization" Rules But I'm the Only Admin: I've been using Windows for 30 years and there is something definitely corrupted with my login setup or Microsoft is once again trying to force my PC to do something I didn't ask it to do. As background, Lenovo swapped out my motherboard and in the process reset my Windows...
  3. Can't Use PIN Due to "Organization" Rules But I'm the Only Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use PIN Due to "Organization" Rules But I'm the Only Admin: I've been using Windows for 30 years and there is something definitely corrupted with my login setup or Microsoft is once again trying to force my PC to do something I didn't ask it to do. As background, Lenovo swapped out my motherboard and in the process reset my Windows...
  4. Can't Use PIN Due to "Organization" Rules But I'm the Only Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Get Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get Admin Rights: I created a local account admin and guest account on my windows 8.1, and then I made that new local account administrator and myself became standard user. NOW, when I start my computer and come to the sign-in screen, the local admin account shows but when I type in the...
  6. do a repair-install from the builtin admin account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    do a repair-install from the builtin admin account?: The forced March upgrade from 1909 to 2004 did damage to my laptop. E.g., UAC blocks when it shouldn't, all updates (even manually) fail, Crypto Services regularly monopolizes my HDD for long periods. Yesterday, just for familiarization, I double-clicked on setup.exe on a...
  7. Can't get into admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get into admin account: I was trying to remove password for logon and delted my account. It also seems to have messed up the admin account. I can't get into it the admin account. Whenever something pops up that requests admin approval, there is no yes box, only no as an option. [IMG]...
  8. Can't get into admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get into admin account: I was trying to remove password for logon and delted my account. It also seems to have messed up the admin account. I can't get into it the admin account. Whenever something pops up that requests admin approval, there is no yes box, only no as an option....
  9. admins in builtin administrator group getting kicked out randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    admins in builtin administrator group getting kicked out randomly: Good morning guys, recently I've been having issues where some of our users who were apart of the member of in the administrators built in group in active directory keep getting randomly kicked out of the group. What I've been doing is heading into the admin server and re...
  10. Edge can't open using built-in Admin account

in Browsers and Email
    Edge can't open using built-in Admin account: Hello, My office updated to Win 10 about three months ago. One of my co-workers has discovered that she can't boot Edge. I've tried these potential fixes, but still no go. Fix #1: 1. >Win/R & type “secpol.msc” (no quotes); browse to: >Local Policies, >Security...