Windows 10: "Get Started" can't be opened using the Builtin Admin .. but I'm not

Discus and support "Get Started" can't be opened using the Builtin Admin .. but I'm not in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Second time recently I've seen this on different laptops updated to Anniversary: I have one user account setup; the "built-in Administrator" account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cognus, Jan 7, 2017.

1. cognus Win User

"Get Started" can't be opened using the Builtin Admin .. but I'm not

Second time recently I've seen this on different laptops updated to Anniversary:
    I have one user account setup; the "built-in Administrator" account is inactive [in fact never been otherwise].
    in the one user account I restarted using advanced options in order to get Safe Mode going.
    When the system boots, I get the real User account, input the password, and login. Then a box pops up on the screen as follows:
    "This app can't open
    Get Started can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sin in with a different account..."

But I'm not using builtin Administrator.

at any rate, is this just a bug I should ignore? any quick way to fix?

:)

cognus, Jan 7, 2017

2. "Get Started can't be opened using the built-in administrator account"...and “secpol.msc” cannot be found. PC in nonresponsive.

Hello Joey,

Thank you for getting back to us with the status of the issue.

Let's try and check if the below steps can help you to resolve this issue:

These are the requirements to be able to run Apps.

Make sure your screen resolution is at least 1024x768

Make sure User Account Control (UAC) is enabled. Press the Windows key and from the Start screen type UAC and on the right, select Settings.
    Select Change User Account Control settings and verify here.

The problem with the Built-in Administrator account is that it automatically bypasses the User Account Control settings and this is required for running the Store Apps.

You need to Enable the User Account Control (UAC) option.

Open Control Panel /
    User Accounts.

Select the Change User Account Control settings.

The Slider should be set to the
    3rd option from the bottom.

After you make a change, select the OK Button.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 7, 2017
  3. joey1960 Win User
    "Get Started can't be opened using the built-in administrator account"...and “secpol.msc” cannot be found. PC in nonresponsive.

The system is so non-responsive I went through your steps in Safe Mode, then booted up normally. The system is still rediculously slow and still very non-reponsive. In normal mode, literally nothing will run. **** is up with Windows 10 doing this and
    why doesn't Microsoft do more for their customers to take care of this?

Now I can't get it to boot into safe mode because it just signs directly into the "test" account I made, and the response time is too slow for f4 to register that I'm trying to get into safe mode.

I bought this laptop from the Microsoft Store (Order 9338236776),
    assuming Microsoft would put together a more stable O/S and support files than what Dell would do, but obviously I was wrong. Can someone call me and walk me through this? I'm a college student with papers due so I can graduate in 3 weeks!

joey1960, Jan 7, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jan 8, 2017
Thema:

1. "Get Started" can't be opened using the Builtin Admin .. but I'm not - Similar Threads - Started can't opened

2. I'm getting bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm getting bsod: This what happened. I increased the speed of my ram to 2833mhz without changing the voltage or anything (ddr4 with 3000mhz speed with xmp profile and 2133mhz on regular/default). It was working fine for 3 months but suddenly I started getting BSOD "memory management error"....
  3. Builtin administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Builtin administrator: I just got a new computer and built in administrator wont let me add a new account. It also wont let me use any apps. I tried using command prompt but nothings working. What do i do?...
  4. Can't get game to start

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get game to start: Just installed doom 3 and it will not start. I get a message "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" I tap yes and nothing happens! 118726
  5. Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin.: To keep my problem succinct: [ATTACH] Click "yes" on the security pop up (doesn't ask for my password, this is the only account on this laptop). Try to type in command I want to do, get this: [ATTACH] ... Just wanted to know why my network adapter keeps crashing every...
  6. Edge can't open using built-in Admin account

in Browsers and Email
    Edge can't open using built-in Admin account: Hello, My office updated to Win 10 about three months ago. One of my co-workers has discovered that she can't boot Edge. I've tried these potential fixes, but still no go. Fix #1: 1. >Win/R & type “secpol.msc” (no quotes); browse to: >Local Policies, >Security...
  7. Get to admin GUI while using Classic Shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Get to admin GUI while using Classic Shell: I am going crazy trying to get to an admin level graphical user interface so I can change the "power" settings in Windows 10 in order to turn off fast boot. I am running Classic Shell menu system, and it doesn't recognize right-click to get to an admin level. (It does on...
  8. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu: I can't open my start menu and when I try to open some stuff. It happened a week ago when I was away from pc *Mad Screen capture - 4d26d594ea04bc174b8336a6835b92d8 - Gyazo P.s when my mouse is over the win button i am pressing. 20768
  9. Can't start or get to POST?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't start or get to POST?: My 7 YO laptop wouldn't show anything on the screen a few months ago. Power light comes on, but can hear a click (like HDD trying to come on), but not always. Power port was replaced a few years ago. I pulled my Win10 HDD out & put in a blank, formatted one to try and...
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...