Windows 10: Get to admin GUI while using Classic Shell

Discus and support Get to admin GUI while using Classic Shell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am going crazy trying to get to an admin level graphical user interface so I can change the "power" settings in Windows 10 in order to turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dougmack, Jul 31, 2016.

1. dougmack Win User

Get to admin GUI while using Classic Shell

I am going crazy trying to get to an admin level graphical user interface so I
    can change the "power" settings in Windows 10 in order to turn off fast boot. I
    am running Classic Shell menu system, and it doesn't
    recognize right-click to get to an admin level. (It does on some entries but not
    the one I need!) I have been able to get to an admin terminal, but as you
    probably know, nothing in a Windows terminal has the same
    name as anything in the GUI. Is there a way to get back to a GUI menu from an
    admin terminal? Alternatively, is there a command in the terminal that will turn off fast boot?

I need to turn off fast boot so I can connect to the Windows partition from
    Linux. Otherwise, Linux thinks Windows is still running, and won't connect.
    (Windows doesn't shut down everything when you shut off the power,
    unless you turn off fast boot.)

:)

dougmack, Jul 31, 2016
  2. Celeste41 Win User

How to see Recent Documents in Windows 10 Start Menu

You are correct. Classic shell is great and solved the recent items issue BUT I just became the first member of my team to get Windows 10 in a large corporation. I have admin rights and I am waiting for someone to tell me it is ok. I have Classic shell
    on all my personal machines...!

Celeste41, Jul 31, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Classic Shell

One of my user accounts also uses Classic Shell, and it's never been uninstalled by a Windows 10 update. Install it again from the Classic Shell website.

BulldogXX, Jul 31, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

I think you're referring to Fast Startup. Fast Boot is something in the BIOS. See option #2 here.
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

You can get to the Power Settings through Control Panel.
    In the future, you can go into the configuration settings for Classic Shell's Start Menu and show Administrative Tools.

simrick, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Get to admin GUI while using Classic Shell - Similar Threads - admin GUI while

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  5. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  6. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  7. Issues after using Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues after using Classic shell: I am new to windows 10 and wanted to bring back the old windows 7 start menu. I tried "classic shell" and all was great.... but then I noticed a few graphic issues. If you look at the attachments you will see that selected items have some grayed out area around the text. The...
  8. Do I have to use "Classic Shell" to get the "Classic View"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do I have to use "Classic Shell" to get the "Classic View"?: First time 10 user here and want to switch to the classic start menu view. I was under the impression that 10 added this option back and one could switch over to it? Or do I have to download a 3rd party app that will allow me to make these changes? Thanks in advance!...
  9. Is anybody using Classic Shell ?

Is anybody using Classic Shell ?: Was classic shell retained when upgrading to 16299 ? ( 16299 is also called the FALL upgrade.) 95875
  10. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975