Windows 10: Get to desktop after log in, then black

Discus and support Get to desktop after log in, then black in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I finished installing windows 10 this morning, everything seemed fine. It gets to the login screen, then it goes to my desktop. Desktop is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mooncalling, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Get to desktop after log in, then black

I finished installing windows 10 this morning, everything seemed fine. It gets to the login screen, then it goes to my desktop.

Desktop is the wrong resolution, and Windows is making the "found new harware/drivers" noise like it's going to get my video drivers. Screen goes black. Sits. And sits. No cursor or mouse pointer. No more little new hardware beep bonk. It's been black for over 30 minutes. Is this normal? Do I need to be more patient? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

Running a Nvidia 970 gtx if that matters.

:)

mooncalling, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Endwar Win User

After a reset and after log in screen there was only black screen and nothing else, black screen.no desktop

<Original title: Black screen.no desktop>

Today during game play,game just froze and when I tried to alt+tab it did nothing.

After a reset and after log in screen there was only black screen and nothing else.

I had to turn task menager and manually turn explorer.exe to get desktop

And now after every log in I had to do same thing over and over.

Any solution?

Endwar, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Screen blank after clicking "sign in"

Try press ctrl+alt+del and log out, log in 3-4 times. I get that issue sometimes, I just logging in when black screen but after es it give up and I get the desktop. Press win+R, type "explorer.exe" and OK. I hope that starts desktop. If the issue still
    is keeping, try win+1.

JakobHoffsten, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Get to desktop after log in, then black

1. Get to desktop after log in, then black - Similar Threads - desktop log black

2. Black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after log in: I have read the post about the black screen after logging in but I cant get to anything to uninstall. I cant even get to internet until mcafee window runs. Not sure if this was an auto update that broke it ? I went to bed it worked next morning - logged in and i get black...
  3. Black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after log in: I have read the post about the black screen after logging in but I cant get to anything to uninstall. I cant even get to internet until mcafee window runs. Not sure if this was an auto update that broke it ? I went to bed it worked next morning - logged in and i get black...
  4. Black Screen After Logging In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Logging In: I am currently having a problem with my laptop. It shut down when I forgot to plug it in as it was already running low in power. I then plugged it in to a power source and pressed the power button. It prompted me to enter my password and after logging in, the screen went...
  5. Pc gets black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc gets black screen after log in: I’ve tried troubleshooting, and restating it any tips? submitted by /u/_Black_Tiger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcz0u9/pc_gets_black_screen_after_log_in/
  6. Black screen after log in

Black screen after log in: I logged into a computer account on windows 10 (not default account) and it processed and the screen went complete black, but with the cursor on top. What do I do..?...
  7. Black Screen after Logging in.

Black Screen after Logging in.: Whenever I login into my account I get my normal looking desktop for a minute or two but can't do anything. Then it goes all black with the cursor. I've booted it into safe mode and and the same thing happens. Can't access task manager in it either. Going from ctrl+alt+delete...
  8. Black Screen after Log In

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Screen after Log In: My system has been working fine for a long time and after a power outage a couple of days ago, now when it boots up I get the normal log in screen but after I log in all I get is a black screen with the mouse showing. It did boot up normally right after the power came back on...
  9. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen after Log on: Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on...
  10. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Log on: After log on I get black screen,I can get into task manager.Is there a way to restart computer in safe mode from task manager new task? 42785