Windows 10: "Get Updates" notification pops up and minimizes applications(game)

Discus and support "Get Updates" notification pops up and minimizes applications(game) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This has happened a few times already,im in the middle of a gaming session and this notification pops up and i have to click on it be to able to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cvancek, Sep 5, 2015.

1. cvancek Win User

"Get Updates" notification pops up and minimizes applications(game)

This has happened a few times already,im in the middle of a gaming session and this notification pops up and i have to click on it be to able to get back in the game,why is that?

I have my windows update set not to automatically install or download with the local policy editor

:)

cvancek, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Retorik Win User

Windows Update interrupting Games on Windows 10 computer.

Deepika, I have this problem as well and it's exactly like ChemicalGrenade states. Windows 10 has a notification setting for scheduling updates when you have it set to notify to schedule a restart but it's absolutely unnecessary that it take over the whole
    screen and minimize whatever you're doing that's fullscreen at the time of the notification popping up. WINDOWS needs to fix their system to allow the notification to show without completely interrupting the users current activity. Especially when it minimizes
    a multiplayer game, ranked pvp game, etc. It's not an issue with 3rd party programs but also simply stating "be sure to download/install updates prior to playing your game" is an unacceptable answer as there are literally downloads every other day to update
    something... Just need Microsoft to fix the notification behavior. By the way, setting it to "automatic" is not good either because it will shut down your pc regardless if you are in the middle of something, when it's finished installing/downloading which
    is also highly annoying and totally unnecessary.

Retorik, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Mac Dean Win User
    Windows 10 randomly minimizing games or making a notification sound.

I have had this same problem with both windows 7 and windows 10 on the same machine. my current theory is it has to do with a toolbar notification popping up to minimize it the first time, and then the notification disappearing minimizes the game the second
    time. in windows 10 this is accompanied by the notification sound some times. I am only having this problem on one of three computers, but suspect it has to do with the razer synapse application frequently sending notifications of updates.

Mac Dean, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

"Get Updates" notification pops up and minimizes applications(game)

1. "Get Updates" notification pops up and minimizes applications(game) - Similar Threads - Updates notification pops

2. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  3. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  4. Pop-up Notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop-up Notification: This Notification Pop-up every 30 to 40 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notification/55475e14-0364-4dc8-a0c6-d4ce85cebb5d
  5. pop-up window for search will not minimize

in Cortana
    pop-up window for search will not minimize: Running windows 10 with the search bar and when in use, the pop-up screen will not minimize and I have to restart my computer to get rid of it. What is the fix?...
  6. windows pop-up notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows pop-up notifications: first i want to say where the w10 pop-ups is at the bottom right corner where there is time and date now i will get to where my issue is, i get pop-ups at the corner and i have discord chats notifications and also windows notifications like emails and other sorts like AV...
  7. Disabiling Pop-Up Notifications but Still Get Notifications

Disabiling Pop-Up Notifications but Still Get Notifications: I like getting notifications on the right side screen bar (action center.), however I do not like getting individual pop-up notifications in addition to that. I want to keep notifications on, so I can check the action center occasionally, but I don't want to be interrupted...
  8. Pop up notifications

Pop up notifications: I keep getting "pop ups" from Chrome, Gmail, Facebook, etc. I can't seem to stop these. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notifications/7ea77412-e489-4d7e-ae22-4ba660af5f22
  9. Notification to update the Fine Print pops up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notification to update the Fine Print pops up: I wanted to open my e-mail but received a pop up requiring to accept The Fine Print, an update from Microsoft. I am not able to start Outlook without accepting this update. Tell me please, if this a legal update or a scam....
  10. This fullscreen update notification pop-up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This fullscreen update notification pop-up: I'm not even sure what to call this "Updates are available" pop-up. Is this a toast notificaiton? [img] (img url: https://vgy.me/hM0U1M.png) I had my windows 10 beaten down into submission, all configured without the controversal or obtrusive features, but after...