Windows 10: Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade

Discus and support Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not a business. I have 4 computers at home running Win 7 Pro and 1 running 8.1 Pro. When I upgrade to Win 10 will I get the "Pro" version? Seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KayEee, Jul 23, 2015.

1. KayEee Win User

Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade

I am not a business. I have 4 computers at home running Win 7 Pro and 1 running 8.1 Pro. When I upgrade to Win 10 will I get the "Pro" version? Seems like I should as I have invested extra money in the earlier versions.

Thanks,

:)

KayEee, Jul 23, 2015

2. Win 8.1 Pro upgraded to Win 10 Home, why the down grade?

My HP Spectre x2 came with Win 8 Home that I upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro. Registered for the free upgrade and got Win 10 Home version NOT Pro after the installation. :-(

I should get a free Win 10 Pro so how do I get the ISO & key?

Is this the BIOS key versus the upgrade key in the register?

LisaBGardner, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are eligible for the free Windows 10 upgrade. What about Windows 8 !!!.

I am getting confused reading on different web sites who is eligible for the free Windows 10 upgrade at the end of July, 2015 when Microsoft releases it.

Back on 10/26/2012, I purchased from Microsoft the promotional WINDOWS 8 Pro they were offering for $39,99.

Whit this Win. 8 Pro purchase, I was able to update my Win.7 Home Premium to Win. 8 Pro.

I just finished getting my computer prepared and ready for this Win. 10 free upgrade release.

By: 1) Installing my Win. 7 Home Premium.

2) Upgrading my Win. 7 Home Premium with the $39.99 Win. 8 Pro Upgrade that I purchased from Microsoft.

This I think would qualify me for the free Win. 10 Pro upgrade.

Or do I have to get from the store the free Update to windows 8.1 Pro.

But then again I am not certain.

SomeHope_1, Jul 23, 2015
  4. Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade

I hope this is some help.

Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade [​IMG]

BlauUmlaut, Jul 23, 2015
  5. Yes, when you upgrade you will get the same as your current

more info here

paulsalter, Jul 23, 2015
  6. When I upgraded windows 7 home (oem) to windows 8 for £14.99 at the discounted price it was at for a while, I have got windows 8 pro.

Not that there is much difference I believe but why did they give me pro.

Joe

donegaljoe, Jul 23, 2015
  7. I think this was a special offer for early adopters of win 8, they got the pro version for a low price

which will now give you the 10 pro for no extra cost (if you upgrade in next 12 months)

paulsalter, Jul 23, 2015
  8. Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade

Not the same deal as the free upgrade offer on hand now. In the past if you bought an upgrade version it was a set version regardless of what version you were upgrading from. Example, Windows 8 Pro upgrade for x dollars. This free upgrade is dependent on what version your upgrading from.

alphanumeric, Jul 24, 2015
  9. Victek Win User
    What ever happened to that $1 upgrade from Home to Pro? *Smile I know, not happening, but do we have a real price and can it be done through the Windows Store?

Victek, Jul 24, 2015
  10. I don't know?

alphanumeric, Jul 24, 2015
  11. bro67 Win User
    I run only the Pro version on all of my machines. I have been doing that since the XP days. It gives better control over what users can and cannot do.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade

1. Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro Free Upgrade

2. Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free: Hello folks, I'm a Senior male trying to help my neighbor who is even older than me. He stopped using his laptop after his wife died, so I thought with the little knowledge I have I would re set up his email. I found out he is still running Win 8. My question is, is there a...
  3. Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free: Hello folks, I'm a Senior male trying to help my neighbor who is even older than me. He stopped using his laptop after his wife died, so I thought with the little knowledge I have I would re set up his email. I found out he is still running Win 8. My question is, is there a...
  4. Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Funny bug...upgraded to Win 10 pro for free

Funny bug...upgraded to Win 10 pro for free: I have two laptops, let's call them A and B. A is 3 yrs old and B is 2 yrs old, both came with Windows 10 Home. A couple of days ago, I upgraded them both to Windows 10 2004 version. After that, the start menu on B stopped working common bug, so I tried to rollback the...
  6. Free win 10 upgrade in the future?

Free win 10 upgrade in the future?: I have a PC with Windows7 and would like upgrade to Win 10. Will Microsoft offer free Win 10 upgrade in the future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-win-10-upgrade-in-the-future/b66abe36-cadd-42f5-89c6-2f3152a74a9b
  7. Win 10 Free Upgrade

Win 10 Free Upgrade: I still have Win 8.1 Pro in one of my pc's. Is it too late to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for free. If so what would be the process.Win https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-free-upgrade/6c5b0473-a789-4832-918f-0579fdb5c9d2
  8. Possible to move VM with Win-7 pro to Win-10 free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Possible to move VM with Win-7 pro to Win-10 free upgrade?: Hello, As the title states, I had a VM with Win-7 Pro Retail License. Upgraded the VM to free Win-10 Pro. But am wondering what would happen when I'm planning to replace the current unit at the end of the year and move VM to the new host. (of course the VM would be...
  9. Is the free upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro discontinued?

Is the free upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro discontinued?: A while back I upgraded from Home to Pro via a selection on the Update (or thereabouts) screen on my wife's PC. If I sign in to her MS account, the details on her screen show Pro installed. However, if I check her System screen on the PC it shows Home as being installed. I...
  10. Win 10 Pro 64-bit Free Upgrade License Key

Win 10 Pro 64-bit Free Upgrade License Key: I'm going through the free upgrade process. I've downloaded Win 10 and burned the iso to a DVD. Is it possible to obtain a Win 10 license key after activation for subsequent clean installs of Win 10 as if wasn't an upgrade? Is there a way to just covert your Win 7...