Windows 10: Get Window 10 App Download Complete but Windows 10 not installing

Discus and support Get Window 10 App Download Complete but Windows 10 not installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The "Get Windows 10 App" has completed free download on Windows 10 installation Folder "$Windows~BT". When I press the "OK, lets continue" Button, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by junglee, Aug 8, 2015.

1. junglee Win User

Get Window 10 App Download Complete but Windows 10 not installing

The "Get Windows 10 App" has completed free download on Windows 10 installation Folder "$Windows~BT". When I press the "OK, lets continue" Button, I get the the rotating dots with the message "Working on it..." that continues indefinitely and nothing happens.

After closing this App I tried to run Setup.exe in the "$Windows~BT" but on pressing "Install Now" Button I get the message that vBoot.wim file is missing with Error Code 0x80070002.

I do not know what is going on but I am unable to upgrade to free Windows 10 from 32 bit Windows 7 Pro SP1.

Can someone please help?

:)

junglee, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Langtes Win User

Windows 10 download complete, but not installing

Initial install failed and said that updates had to be done before windows 10 could be installed, So i selected them and installer downloaded and installed them, Windows 10 completed download and then attempted again and still complained about updates.
    Si yes I tried to install without running updates. Still does not work and everytime it starts the download from scratch.

Langtes, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Windows 10 download complete, but not installing

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Did you try not selecting those optional updates and then check if Windows 10 had any issues installing?

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

By running setup.exe in the $Windows.~BT folder, you have damaged the download. You need to delete this folder, and allow it to download again. Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 in staged releases to subsets of people who reserved copies, so you might not get "triggered" right away.

You can always use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade manually.

Mystere, Aug 8, 2015
  5. junglee Win User
    Thank you. Because I thought that BT meant Bit Torrent and torrent downloads are supposed to rectify automatically if damaged, so thankfully I took no action. After about 4 hours the upgrade started automatically and Windows 10 got painlessly installed.

I am now not even sure that my running "Setup.exe" from $Windows.~BT Folder the download had got damaged. What do you think?

Amarnath

junglee, Aug 8, 2015
  6. RWOne Win User
    You didn't damage the DL, it just wasn't complete/corrupt IMO.

Skip doing it thru the provided method.

Go to: Windows 10

Grab the tool of your flavor - 32/64, DL, run and auth as admin, then select upgrade this PC.

Ahh, just saw you upgraded anyways, but I've seen too many corrupt or incomplete DL's from the desktop icon method. I even had a client that used the tool but had a corrupt burn to DVD.

RWOne, Aug 8, 2015
  7. junglee Win User
    Thank you I shall tell my grand-daughter to adopt the procedure suggest by you.

junglee, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Inundated Win User

A relative's W7 machine just got the automatic download. It notified that it was ready to upgrade. I hit the button to launch into the first prep stage, which it said would take about 10 minutes.
    It is still "Working on it..." over an hour later.

Do I do anything but wait?

I launched it remotely (TeamViewer) and will be in front of the computer in about an hour.

Inundated, Aug 8, 2015
  9. Inundated Win User
    I Googled it while waiting for someone to pick me up, and every suggestion there was to check Windows Update...doing a manual check for updates first, then upgrading Windows 10 from there.

That worked, and it's 25% into the big Upgrading Windows screen now. Yay!

Inundated, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Get Window 10 App Download Complete but Windows 10 not installing - Similar Threads - Window App Download

2. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely fresh install of windows 10: Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb...
  3. windows 10 updates not completing install

windows 10 updates not completing install: My windows 10 updates will not complete last final step of update. WHY??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-not-completing-install/90e5e9f8-76d4-47ff-8171-f8d176aeef19
  4. Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?: A family member gave me a laptop to try and repair that has a problem with windows 10 stuck in a boot loop. It starts loading windows 10 then the system restarts itself at one of two points. Either shortly after the dotted circle starts spinning or after a message comes up...
  5. Complete Failure of Windows 10 Apps

Complete Failure of Windows 10 Apps: None of my apps work. Most just fail without an error message. The only app that gives an error message is Solitaire. It gives an error of 101. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/complete-failure-of-windows-10-apps/fc9c8405-7116-46d4-935f-ccc285ebd4ab
  6. Complete re-install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complete re-install of Windows 10: How can I re-install Windows completely, the PC came with Windows 7, I upgraded to 10 when it was free, Windows 10 is not working right. Mail, Cortana, display and other features, all data is backed up, would like not to re-install other personal programs....
  7. cannot download drivers needed to complete windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot download drivers needed to complete windows 10 installation: When installing Win 10, there are usually 4-6 drivers needed to complete the install. Yesterday and today, I cannot get any missing driver to download when searching online. Message is "Windows could not find drivers for your device". This has never happened to me before....
  8. Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update: This is the case even after following this walkthrough. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048 None of the various Microsoft fixits or troubleshooters have been able to solve the issue either. I just recently did a clean install of Windows 7; the app was there and...
  9. Windows 10 Apps Completely Removed

Windows 10 Apps Completely Removed: So I had a virus on my computer that I managed to get rid of. However, ever since the virus I have not been able to use any of the windows 10 preinstalled apps (such as photos, windows store, etc.) I am quite good and surfing the web, and I have looked everywhere, but nothing...
  10. Windows 10 has downloaded, restart to complete installation, DNW W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 has downloaded, restart to complete installation, DNW W10: Windows 10 has downloaded, restart to complete installation, I DO NOT WANT WINDOWS 10! HOW DO I STOP IT FROM INSTALLING? AND HOW DO I KEEP IT FROM INSTALLING IN THE FUTURE? 48752