Windows 10: "Get Windows 10" app doesn't start after reserving on Windows 7

Discus and support "Get Windows 10" app doesn't start after reserving on Windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The problem is that after the "Get Windows 10" app update came out I did not get it. So I found out that my Update center is off so I turned it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zablablukas, Jul 11, 2015.

1. "Get Windows 10" app doesn't start after reserving on Windows 7

The problem is that after the "Get Windows 10" app update came out I did not get it. So I found out that my Update center is off so I turned it back on. It found a couple of hundred updates but only installed half of them others crashed my PC. So I manually downloaded and installed the needed updates but the App still didn't appear even tho it was in my C:\Windows\System32\GWX folder. So I've done some research and found some code that I needed to post in notepad and run. That didn't help either. So after some time I found this: http://www.networkworld.com/article...or-fixing-reserve-windows-10-problems.htmlThe file provided in that page worked (it updated my registry files). The app finally appeared and I was able to reserve my free copy of Windows 10. But now another problem has come up whenever I try to run th app again it launches shows "Please wait..." and then shuts down. Sometimes it freezes and then shuts down although the icon stays in the system tray and GWX.exe is still running according to my task manager. Now what am I afraid off? I received the succesful reservaton email BUT now that this problem has come up I am afraid that I won't be able to run my "Get Windows 10" app on July 29th. Any ideas?

:)

zablablukas, Jul 11, 2015
  2. Valiot Win User

Has anyone tried to UNRESERVE (for any reason) there copy of Windows 10?

Yes, you can reserve and cancel as many times as you wish. The icon doesn't go away. This is all just marketing. You don't have to reserve anything. You can get Windows 10 for free for up to a year after release. No rush.

Valiot, Jul 11, 2015
  3. If I reserve the upgrade for windows 10, will my windows 7 key become a windows 10 one?

No, your Windows 7 key doesn't become a Windows 10 key when you reserve the upgrade for Windows 10. You must complete the upgrade to Windows 10 during the free upgrade offer period to get Windows 10 for free.

Sidd [MSFT], Jul 11, 2015
Thema:

"Get Windows 10" app doesn't start after reserving on Windows 7

1. "Get Windows 10" app doesn't start after reserving on Windows 7 - Similar Threads - app doesn't start

2. My Windows 7 doesn't start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 7 doesn't start up: Hi, my windows 7 doesn't start up and each time i turn on it shows this screen. What is the problem? How can i repear it if possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-7-doesnt-start-up/3e773d15-3432-463e-bfc8-409cc5ba0127
  3. My Windows 7 doesn't start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 7 doesn't start up: Hi, my windows 7 doesn't start up and each time i turn on it shows this screen. What is the problem? How can i repear it if possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-7-doesnt-start-up/3e773d15-3432-463e-bfc8-409cc5ba0127
  4. Windows doesn't start after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't start after update: Hello. After update I restarted and the windows wasn't starting, untill an error showed up and it restarted the windows, doing a diagnosis, so after it ended it say it couldn't repair. So I went to advanced settings and try to restore to a point before the update, and as soon...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't start after an update

Windows 10 doesn't start after an update: Hi, One morning I found my Dell computer rebooted. I logged in. It worked. In the evening I shut it down. The next morning the computer cannot work anymore, I tried every option available but without success. It cannot repair, cannot delete last updates, cannot use a...
  6. Missing Windows 10 'Get Started' app

Missing Windows 10 'Get Started' app: I cannot find the Windows 10 Get Started app anywhere... on my computer, in the store - nowhere. Nor can I find info online about it's apparent demise. Can anyone tell me where to get it or how to find it on my system? I googled and tried the PowerShell fix but nothing...
  7. windows 10 app photo - video doesn't start

windows 10 app photo - video doesn't start: ciao, the app photo worked perfectly yesterday, but today when I press the video button on the app to start a video capture, the video immediately stops the button turns red for a fraction of a second and a length zero video file is created. There are no messages or errors in...
  8. Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade

Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade: Having just upgraded my windows 7 dell laptop to windows 10 using the media creation tool on the microsoft website, I'm finding that when I press the power button to start the laptop, it gets to where the windows 10 logo appears on the screen, then the screen goes grey and...
  9. Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon

Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon: . SlartyNote2: I tried getting to the dropbox, but the redirect in TF just kept spinning so I uploaded a revised copy with the Win8.1 KB check corrected.: Download fixGwx_full.zip here The zip folder is a different name, but the batch file inside is still named...
  10. Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?

Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?: I've been having issues installing win10 from my current win7 machine. I've heard that a few people have just reinstalled their current version of windows and immediately were prompted to upgrade to win10. If I reinstall, will I keep the reserve? What is the reserve...