Windows 10: Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon

Discus and support Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I joined this forum solely for this thread. Not sure if this has fixed my issue yet or not. Like the above poster, my previous gfx card was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Slartybart, Jun 8, 2015.

1. venom831 Win User

Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon

I joined this forum solely for this thread. Not sure if this has fixed my issue yet or not. Like the above poster, my previous gfx card was not compatible, so ran out and bought brand new card that. Made sure it was compatible with windows 10 before I bought. Brought it home, shut down the computer, installed the new card, updated all the drivers, rebooted. Tried the compatibility tool, gave me same "your system is not compatible because of gfx card", the one I just took out of the computer. Went to device manager, checked show hidden drivers, deleted all traces of that card. rebooted. Still could not get it to rescan. Spent 20 extremely frustrating minutes with microsoft tech support repeating the same thing over and over, gave me absolutely no help other than to tell me it was a manufacturer problem. Found this website after two days of searching. Ran the bat file. Finally got the upgrade option through the update tool, waiting on it to download for the 3rd time through windows update. The tool shows that the pc is compatible, even though when I click on "view"report" it continues to say that the old card, which is no longer in the computer, is not compatible.

Hopefully this will finally work. I've gotten so frustrated trying to get this stupid thing to work. I don't know why they ever included a tool that scans your computer without giving an option to rescan manually.

venom831, Nov 24, 2015
  2. venom831 Win User

Update. Windows 10 is installing finally, hopefully it'll make it all the way through the installation process. I used the 1st option in the bat file to check updates. Everything good there. I ran option 4 first. That didn't do anything to start. So I went to option 2, which didn't work, then option 3, which gave me the "wait until we can validate you will be notified etc" mess. Used option 4 again, opened up the tool, let me install.

venom831, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon

1. Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon - Similar Threads - gwx app Appraiser

2. What are Appraiser* files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are Appraiser* files?: Since 1/10/2020, I have three new files under C:\Windows\appcompat\appraiseer. An Explorer snapshot of those files is shown below. Does anyone know what these files are for? Could they be malware? [ATTACH]...
  3. Better check your Windows 7 PC for Get Windows 10 (GWX) traces

in Windows 10 News
    Better check your Windows 7 PC for Get Windows 10 (GWX) traces: Depending on from what angle you look at it, Microsoft's Get Windows 10 (GWX) campaign to get Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices to upgrade to Windows 10 was either a colossal disaster, a great success, or something in between. Microsoft launched Windows 10, the last version...
  4. reserve windows 10 icon not appearing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reserve windows 10 icon not appearing: hello I am using a windows 10 insider build pc and I want to reserve my windows 10 but I does not appear. how do I fix this 8110
  5. "Get Windows 10" app doesn't start after reserving on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Get Windows 10" app doesn't start after reserving on Windows 7: The problem is that after the "Get Windows 10" app update came out I did not get it. So I found out that my Update center is off so I turned it back on. It found a couple of hundred updates but only installed half of them others crashed my PC. So I manually downloaded and...
  6. never got "reserve" icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    never got "reserve" icon: I never got the reserve icon to reserve windows 10 pro; so where/how can i get this accomplished? 9457
  7. No GWX notification icon in taskbar

No GWX notification icon in taskbar: Sir, I cannot see the GWX notification icon. I have a genuine copy of windows 7 running in my laptop and installed all the latest updates including KB3035583. It's been more than a week, still there is no sign of GWX icon. Please guide me as to what should I do? 6884
  8. Can't reserve windows 10, no icon in tray.

Can't reserve windows 10, no icon in tray.: I used to have the icon in the system tray, however recently I needed to reset my computer so the reservation at the time was wiped. Having completed the reset I have now found that I cannot reserve a copy of windows 10 through control panel, clicking reserve just comes up...
  9. GWX icon on old, non-NX PC?

GWX icon on old, non-NX PC?: Some time ago I posted about an old PC that wouldn't accept Windows 10 ... I've got several problems with this very old Dell Inspiron I8200 PC (NOT the PC in my specs): It has no working DVD Drive It doesn't support boot from USB Trying to install 10586 from a USB in...
  10. CRASH - mobo burned, how to get a new GWX?

in Windows 10 Support
    CRASH - mobo burned, how to get a new GWX?: Greetings. My mobo died last week, and I am up and running again with a new installed windows 8.1. BUt allthough I have done all updates, I don't have the GWX app*sarc. The reservation I made earlier is useless now, as I had to install from scratch. How do I sign up for...