Windows 10: Get Windows 10 icon disappears - I found out why.

Discus and support Get Windows 10 icon disappears - I found out why. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The "Get Windows 10" icon disappeared from my task bar on July 29 and I was having difficulties figuring out why or what may have been wrong. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jackkistler, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Get Windows 10 icon disappears - I found out why.

The "Get Windows 10" icon disappeared from my task bar on July 29 and I was having difficulties figuring out why or what may have been wrong. Then I went and checked my graphics driver level and found I needed a new driver from NVidia that supported Windows 10. Once I completed the installation of the graphics driver the "Get Windows 10" icon immediately re-appeared on my task bar.

:)

jackkistler, Jul 30, 2015

2. Why did get my windows 10 icon disapper

I got the windows 10 icon and I reserved my copy. Then I restarted my cpu and the get windows 10 app icon disappeared! I was told my computer was compatible and I got an e-mail and everything! So why did my windows 10 app disappear??

LisaMusser01, Jul 30, 2015
  3. cloomis79 Win User
    Battery/Power icon in taskbar not displaying / System Icon greyed out

I recently upgraded my Gateway laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The battery/power icon in the taskbar randomly does not display. I've verified that the Power setting in the Turn System Icons On or Off screen is set to On. However, when the icon does
    not display, this setting is greyed out, so I couldn't even toggle it on/off to see if that would make the icon appear. I've not found anything in particular that makes the icon appear (or disappear for that matter).

My account is set up as an administrator, which I've read may have some control over accessing certain system icon settings. So I'm not sure why this setting is sometimes greyed out.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may cause the battery/power icon to not display in the taskbar and/or why this system icon setting is greyed out?

Thanks in advance.

cloomis79, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Get Windows 10 icon disappears - I found out why.

1. Get Windows 10 icon disappears - I found out why. - Similar Threads - icon disappears found

2. windows found a virus then it disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows found a virus then it disappeared: windows 11 Windows virus and threat protection noticed a virus on my pc so I clicked on it and saw it was some sort of trojan and it asked me if I want to quarantine it or remove it, I think, but before I could choose, the virus and options were gone and I scanned my pc...
  3. I noticed that my Windows 10 Laptop was getting slower and crashing. I found out that this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I noticed that my Windows 10 Laptop was getting slower and crashing. I found out that this...: I went into Settings/System/About. Scroll down to Advance Settings. Under performance settings look at the size of the virtual memory. There is a low and a high figure. Mine was set at Low 16MB , High 1672 MB! In between was a suggested lower figure this was 1772MB! In other...
  4. System icons on taskbar greyed out or disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    System icons on taskbar greyed out or disappeared: Hello, the last couple of days I am experiencing a very annoying problem. The right side of the taskbar, which includes all the system icons and date and time etc., keeps changing. And it is not in a good way at all. Most of the time it looks like this picture TB1:After I run...
  5. why my desktop icon disappears

why my desktop icon disappears: there is a problem in my drive. my desktop icons disappears automatically. again all of my folders are deleted from my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-desktop-icon-disappears/926ea1a6-6e55-4aee-94b1-ee499a84f0df
  6. Why I am getting wmic get bios - Get Alias not found!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why I am getting wmic get bios - Get Alias not found!: Hello, I tried this command wmic get bios - and I am always getting - GEt Alias not found! If I issue wmic os get lastbootuptime it returns the value. I did as admin and in power shell /CMD same result Can someone explain why get alias is not found? Regards, ivaylo...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Icons disappeared?

Windows 10 Desktop Icons disappeared?: Where have all my Desktop Icons gone?? - desktop icon is now down on the bottom taskbar - really inconvenient https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-desktop-icons-disappeared/d19af09c-0dbd-4399-a866-3805585832db
  8. Disappearing Windows 10 Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Windows 10 Icon: I have updated my Windows 10 quite some time ago and I thought i could ignore this problem but I guess i could not. I can't see any of the Window's application icon in my file explorer or task bar. Here's the screenshot of the problem. Imgur: The magic of the...
  9. Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared: I have a weird problem, I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and now for some reason, the Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared so I'm not able to get any alerts when it's ready to install. Any help? 9657
  10. The "This PC" icon disappeared, and I fixed it, by why did it happen?

in Windows 10 Support
    The "This PC" icon disappeared, and I fixed it, by why did it happen?: The "This PC" icon on my desktop disappeared. I know how to fix it, and I did, but my question is why does that happen? I haven't done anything unusual lately. So I'm worried it's either the hard drive beginning to fail or a virus. I have automatic updates turned off, so...