Windows 10: Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared

Discus and support Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a weird problem, I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and now for some reason, the Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnnyGui, Jul 29, 2015.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared

I have a weird problem, I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and now for some reason, the Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared so I'm not able to get any alerts when it's ready to install.

Any help?

:)

JohnnyGui, Jul 29, 2015

2. My taskbar icons disappear

I am using Windows 10. In my desktop I have icons in the taskbar. These open OK but when I close any icon the rest of the icons all disappear in the taskbar even though the task bar is 'locked'. There is a white vertical bar in the taskbar to the right
    of the icons with up and down arrows. When the icons have disappeared if I click on the up arrow they all appear again. This is a pain having to do this everytime. What is the point of 'Lock the taskbar'. How do I stop these icons from disappearing?

RonnieCampbellZD, Jul 29, 2015
  3. elin51 Win User
    Icons disappear from taskbar.

the icons have disappeared from my taskbar on windows 10 also when I minimise windows Ive been working on they disappear totally instead of going on to the taskbar.

elin51, Jul 29, 2015
  4. trinaz Win User

Same problem here...but haven't downloaded and iso's.
    Win 7 Pro 2 bit

Icon just gone ??

TiminAz

trinaz, Jul 29, 2015
  5. JohnnyGui Win User
    Things I have tried:

- I have set Windows Update on automatic, and have selected to receive recommended updates and updates for other Microsoft products, no result.
    - I have tried clicking the GWX.exe file in the system32 folder but nothing happens.
    - I checked with an elevated command prompt if all the needed updates are installed according to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048 to get the Windows 10 icon, and all of these updates are installed on my PC.
    - I have tried to remove the Windows BT folder in C:/ that is created when I downloaded the ISO with the Media Creation Tool, still nothing.

Any help?

JohnnyGui, Jul 29, 2015
  6. I had a similar problem, Notification wasn't working either. Was all resolved when I re-installed Windows without apps. I had to re-install all my apps again but at least it is all working properly. It is like a clean install rather than just an upgrade. I think it uses updated drivers or something.

Michaelgraham, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar disappeared - Similar Threads - icon taskbar disappeared

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....
  4. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  5. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  6. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  7. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  8. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Disappeared: Back in November of 2015 I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I run a two monitor setup. The taskbar icons used to appear on both of my monitors, but now only appear on my secondary. I've tried the option to have taskbar icons appear on all monitors. Doesn't work. I should add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless ac-8260 taskbar icon disappears