Windows 10: Get Windows Defender to scan 1 file

Discus and support Get Windows Defender to scan 1 file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just started using Windows Defender. What I need to do is scan 1 file just after downloading it. When I right click on the file there is an option to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TV2, May 14, 2018.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Get Windows Defender to scan 1 file

Just started using Windows Defender.
    What I need to do is scan 1 file just after downloading it.
    When I right click on the file there is an option to "Scan with Windows Defender...", but clicking that brings up a window with choices to do a Full System Scan, a Custom Scan, or an Offline Scan . Using custom scan and drilling down I realize I can only scan the entire folder - it doesn't list individual files. Ignoring the clunky-ness, I still can't do what I want: scan the one file.

Is there a setting in Defender that will allow this?
    (I swear it scanned a single file yesterday. But today I get this)

:)

2. Windows 10 Defender Scan Excluded Files

Hi Brent,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "defined a number of exclusions in Windows 10 Defender", what exactly are you referring to? How exactly have you defined the exclusions in the Windows Defender?
    • Are you connected to a domain network?
    • Is the computer functioning normally when Windows Defender is not scanning the computer?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Windows Defender, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 16, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Quick Scan question

I just did a quick scan on my computer, when it was done in notifications area got message: Windows Defender scanned your PC At 1:42:10 on 2/28/2017 and took action against malicious software, but the windows defender screen said: Scan completed no threats
    detected during this scan. There is nothing listed in the history either, what does this mean?

JeanAnneSchmidt, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Get Windows Defender to scan 1 file

1. Get Windows Defender to scan 1 file - Similar Threads - Defender scan file

2. how to get windows defender scanned file count log.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get windows defender scanned file count log.: How to get windows defender scanned file count log. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-windows-defender-scanned-file-count-log/8b81d339-7308-48c9-aa5a-53620af2b644
  3. how to get windows defender scanned file count log.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get windows defender scanned file count log.: How to get windows defender scanned file count log. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-windows-defender-scanned-file-count-log/8b81d339-7308-48c9-aa5a-53620af2b644
  4. how to get windows defender scanned file count log.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender scanning an excluded file

Windows Defender scanning an excluded file: Hi Having Windows Defender running on a server 2016.Excluded a folder: s:\database\application\dataVerified in the logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Supportthe exclusion:2021-07-22T00:22:08.983Z [Exclusion] s:\database\application\data ->...
  6. Windows Defender finds 1 threat almost every scan.

Windows Defender finds 1 threat almost every scan.: When ever I run a quick scan, windows defender says it found 1 threat and took action, but there is nothing in protection history. If I run it straight after it took action, it finds no threats. But if I run it again after that it finds one threat and takes action, but again...
  7. Scanning Jar file with Windows Defender

Scanning Jar file with Windows Defender: Can windows defender scan Jar files and tell me if they have malicious intents. I downloaded some safe jar files as mods for some of my game , but now I do wonder if there could be some kind of hidden virus windows defender cannot handle. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  8. Windows Defender Scan gets "stuck" but not frozen..?

Windows Defender Scan gets "stuck" but not frozen..?: tried googling this a bunch, but nothing i've found has resolved the issue and i'm not sure what to do. hopefully its one of those things that someone here will just go "oh that, here do xyz" and it is sorted, but i don't know. [img] so basically a quick or full scan...
  9. Scan Single File with Windows Defender

Scan Single File with Windows Defender: Windows support information states that to scan a single file or folder to <rightclick> the item in file explorer and select "scan" In win8.1 there is no "scan" option when a file or folder is <rightclicked> Any options to scan individual items? Thanks in advance,...
  10. Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files: Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram. This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates. When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I need windows defender to scan 1 file only