Windows 10: Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10

Discus and support Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 How to Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 The Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by OldMike65, Apr 15, 2017.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10

How to: Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10

How to Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10

The Windows Experience Index (WEI) uses Windows System Assessment Tool (WinSAT) to measure the capability of your PC's hardware and software configuration and expresses this measurement as a number called a base score. A higher base score generally means that your PC will perform better and faster than a PC with a lower base score, especially when performing more advanced and resource-intensive tasks.

WEI includes a subscore of five key areas of a PC's hardware: desktop graphics, 3D gaming graphics, system memory (RAM) throughput, sequential read throughput of the primary hard disk, and processor (CPU) processing speed and ability. Desktop graphics assessments are focused on the ways a window on the desktop displays and moves. Gaming graphics assessments are focused on the 3D capability of the computer.

The base score is equal to the lowest of the subscores and is not an average of the subscores. The subscores can help show you what area is performing the lowest on your system if you are looking to upgrade your hardware.

WEI reports the score of key system components on a scale of 1.0 to 9.9.

This tutorial will show you how to get the Windows Experience Index (WEI) score in Windows 10 to help measure the capability of your PC without 3rd party programs.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Update Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Command Prompt
    • Option Two: To See Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Games Explorer Folder
    • Option Three: To See Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in System Diagnostics Report
    • Option Four: To See Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in WinSAT.xml File
    • Option Five: To See Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] To Update Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow winsat formal

Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. When WinSAT has finished assessing your PC, you can view the WEI score using Option Two, Option Four, or Option Five below. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To See Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Games Explorer Folder

*note This option is no longer available starting with Windows 10 version 1803.
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type shell:games into Run, and click/tap on OK to open the Games Explorer folder

2. You will now see the WEI base score. (see screenshot below)

*note If you do not have a score or want a more current score, then use Option One above to update the WEI score.

OPTION THREE [/i] To See Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in System Diagnostics Report
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type perfmon into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Performance Monitor.

2. Expand open Reports, System, and System Diagnostics in the left pane of Performance Monitor. (see screenshot below)

3. Under System Diagnostics, click/tap on a report that was created (collected) on the date and time you want to view. (see screenshot below)

*note If you do not have a system diagnostics report available or want a more current report, then you can generate a new system diagnostics report.

4. In the report, click/tap on Hardware Configuration to expand it open , click/tap on Desktop Rating to expand it open, expand open Query, and expand open Returned Objects. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To See Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in WinSAT.xml File
    1. Open File Explorer (Win+E).

2. Copy and paste the path below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore

3. Open the Formal.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT.xml file with the most recent date. (see screenshot below)

*note If you do not have a Formal.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT.xml file or want a more current report, then use Option One above to update the WEI score.

4. Look for the part between the <WinSPR> tags in the .xml file to see what your PC's WEI subscores and base score are. SystemScore will be the base score. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] To See Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Type the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow Get-CimInstance Win32_WinSat

*note The WinSPRLevel is the WEI score. You can use Option One above to update the WEI score.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

OldMike65, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 15, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

LOL, what a coincidence.

*Thumbs

Brink, Apr 15, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I'm not quite satisfied with mine.

Cliff S, Apr 15, 2017
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Either was I, but I don't trust those results much anyhow Cliff. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Experience Index WEI

2. is a gpu score of 6.9 good for gaming on the windows experience index? intel uhd graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is a gpu score of 6.9 good for gaming on the windows experience index? intel uhd graphics: when i play dead by daylight i keep getting the "gpu crashed or d3d removed" error and my game crashes, it is very frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-gpu-score-of-69-good-for-gaming-on-the/318656b2-6242-4298-a13f-56b7a115533d
  3. Windows Experience Score

Windows Experience Score: Hello, I have a Graphics Score of 6.6, a WinSPRLevel Score of 6.6, a Memory Score of 8.6 CPU Score - 8.6 Disk Score - 8.15 D3DScore 9.9 Are all of these scores ok? How can i improve them? And what would be an estimated life expectancy of my laptop based on these...
  4. Windows Experience Index

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Experience Index: Hello there, Well I ran an Windows Experience Index and my "lowest subscore" is 5.7. All my subscores are : Processor : Calculation per second : 7.1 Memory(RAM) : Memory operations ps(per second) : 5.9 Graphics : Desktop performance for Windows Aero : 5.7 Gaming Graphics: 3D...
  5. How to Check Windows 10 Experience Index Score

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Check Windows 10 Experience Index Score: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gnaneshwar_Gaddam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ean55d/how_to_check_windows_10_experience_index_score/
  6. windows experience index

windows experience index: Can I get the windows experience index with windows 10? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-experience-index/474949db-2dd0-4500-9c02-f6465b4e539b
  7. Need Program To Find The Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Program To Find The Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score: Greetings! I know about this and it's just fine - Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials However, what I really need is a quality app to do this accurately and graphically for various clients of mine. Something portable would be...
  8. Windows Experience Index

Windows Experience Index: I am using a 950 Pro M.2 v Nand SSD as my primary hard drive why is my base score for this drive only 8.45 I thought this was the fastest SSD john 110950
  9. windows experience index

windows experience index: is there a way to access the windows experience index like on windows 7 on windows 10. kinda would like to see what my HP probook's score would be 50552
  10. Windows Performance Index and Improving the Score

Windows Performance Index and Improving the Score: It's useless, there are countless benchmark programs out there. You could start with PassMark Performance Test download page