Windows 10: Get your work done faster with Quick access

Discus and support Get your work done faster with Quick access in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; More and more of our users are storing their files in more and more places. Whether that’s in cloud locations like OneDrive and Dropbox at home, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Get your work done faster with Quick access

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...-quick-access/

Get your work done faster with Quick access [​IMG]
    Tip

Brink, Jun 7, 2015
  2. strollin Win User

Thanks for the info Brink. This could be useful. I'm glad they made it configurable so I can decide what I want to show in Quick Access.

:)

strollin, Jun 7, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Jessen P, Jun 7, 2015
  4. Jane Lla Win User

What is the "Links" folder for?

Hello Isaacc,

The Links folder is used to place the shortcuts which are pinned to Favorites in any previous version of Windows.

In Windows 10, Favorites were replaced as Quick Access, but Quick Access is designed in a different way from Favorites.

For reference, you may check and learn more about Quick access through our
    Windows Blog

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Jun 7, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto

6. swarfega Win User
    Thanks for the tutorial. But I do prefer 8.1's favourites method. I want a place I can pin items I use frequently but this new way floods it with files I'm not likely to use.

Is there a way to get the old favourites back?

swarfega, Jun 8, 2015
  7. The relationship between Quick Access and File Explorer on the Taskbar needs to be broken.

If I pin items to either they show up in both, If I unpin from either, both pins are removed.

The pinned list in the Taskbar File Explorer is superior in that it lists more pins (Quick Access only shows 8 pins on this machine, while the Taskbar File Explorer show all 11).

The pinned list in Quick Access is superior in that you can organize the list (you used to be able to do this in the Taskbar pinned list - but not as of 10.0.130)

I prefer the Taskbar pinned list and hope MS returns the full functionality to the pinned list (organizing in a preferred order). Feedback has been sent.

Get your work done faster with Quick access [​IMG]

Slartybart, Jun 8, 2015
  8. Get your work done faster with Quick access

Have you read in the OP, that you can disable both recent files and folders? Which leaves you what you want, no?

Olivir2014, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Get your work done faster with Quick access - Similar Threads - done faster Quick

2. Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.: After updating on Windows 11 Enterprise my folders in my home tab are gone. There are still recent and favorite files but mt quick access folders are gone. Also on the left side where my quick access folders usually are under "home" they are gone and pinning new folders to...
  3. Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.: After updating on Windows 11 Enterprise my folders in my home tab are gone. There are still recent and favorite files but mt quick access folders are gone. Also on the left side where my quick access folders usually are under "home" they are gone and pinning new folders to...
  4. Search quick access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search quick access not working: First to know, this happens normally when the computer turns on and then is using a search. When I try to type something for search in "search quick access " search simply doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't allow me to type a word to execute a search, and at the very...
  5. Get rid of "Quick Access" explorer

Get rid of "Quick Access" explorer: 1 Precisely how can I get rid of [so-called] "Quick Access" explorer window & return to traditional, actual "Windows Explorer"? 2 Most of my storage-dependent files are on D-drive, & accessing them is now a PITA - anything but "Quick" - involving wading thru multiple...
  6. Little known Windows 10 tools to help you get stuff done faster

in Windows 10 News
    Little known Windows 10 tools to help you get stuff done faster: Microsoft’s Windows 10 is constantly evolving and fresh features arrive every year. New features were released with Windows 10’s October 2020 Update, May 2020 Update, and May 2019 Update. While most Windows 10 features arrive via Windows Update, Microsoft has also published...
  7. Quick Access not working

Quick Access not working: On my Windows 10 machine Quick Access has suddenly stopped working. All the folders which were in in it have disappeared, and I am unable to pin folders to it. Neither right-clicking and selecting "Pin to Quick access" or dragging-and-dropping folders to QA work. I do not...
  8. Unable to get Quick access to work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to get Quick access to work.: I have an Acer laptop (AMD Ryzen 3 3200U/8gb RAM) with Windows 10 Home 64bit version 1909. Original build of 2020-01-08 18363.592 Current build after updates is 18363.657. I am unable to activate Quick access since the original installation of 2020-01-08. Did everything...
  9. Quick Access - now not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access - now not working: Hi, This stopped allowing me to add locations to the sidebar in File Explorer some time ago (even though I can see them in the Quick access directory) and I tried various fixes since, none of which have worked. I tried: - deleting the files in Registry for...
  10. Quick access not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access not working: Some folks may not know what Quick access is, if you open File Explorer (or Windows Explorer as it used to be), on the left hand side menu in first place you have Quick access with a blue star icon. I recently reinstalled Windows and QA worked for a while, but at some point...