Windows 10: $GetCurrent folder - Can I delete

Discus and support $GetCurrent folder - Can I delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My windows.old folder disappeared today. From what I have read this is expected behaviour. But folder $GetCurrent is still there? I tried Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeddie, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Jeddie Win User

$GetCurrent folder - Can I delete

My windows.old folder disappeared today. From what I have read this is expected behaviour.
    But folder $GetCurrent is still there?
    I tried Disk Cleanup, but, there is no option for 'Previous windows installations'?

So can I delete $GetCurrent folder? If so how? Right click> delete?

:)

Jeddie, Sep 10, 2016
  2. sjj1805 Win User

Can the $GetCurrent Folder be safely removed?

I deleted the $GetCurrent folder. Rebooted my computer and everything is working as it should so I guess the answer is YES you CAN delete that folder.

sjj1805, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Nigel_H Win User
    Can the $GetCurrent Folder be safely removed?

Richard

Thanks for the links

However - when I originally raised the issue - the folder size was over 2GB. Yes I did delete it after some time.

Yes - when you successfully complete an update with the creators update, the folder size is now around 200k

There are folders such as $sysreset that like $GetCurrent are left by Microsoft after various circumstances.

Unfortunately the Microsoft CleanUp Utility does NOT deal with these folders - therefore you have to take your own decisions

What Are the $GetCurrent and $SysReset Folders, and Can You Delete Them?

Typically if you wait for over a month and you have not had any issues, and you dont want to investigate the issues that occurred - then its safe to delete the above two folders.

Nigel_H, Sep 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this is a (normally) hidden system folder, and trivial in size. As such, simply ignore it. I have it on mine too.

You can always delete anything from (e.g.) a command prompt outside Windows.
    You can delete your Users folder that way if you wish. Whether it's a good idea, is another matter *Biggrin

As to $Getcurrent, I would guess it's safe to delete, but I've read a few posts elsewhere on this and haven't seen a definitive answer.

dalchina, Sep 11, 2016
  5. Yeah... i have noticied this folder on my pc on C:\........... but i have see this because i have need to activate the hidden folder for an other motive.......

DjDiabolik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. $GetCurrent folder - Can I delete - Similar Threads - $GetCurrent folder delete

2. Can I delete this folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete this folders?: Hello,is it safe to delete Dbg/sym folders from ProgramData folder? I solved BSOD I had. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-folders/19a16d58-bfae-4b11-bbc8-88a731e9b4ef
  3. Can I delete this folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete this folders?: Hello,is it safe to delete Dbg/sym folders from ProgramData folder? I solved BSOD I had. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-folders/19a16d58-bfae-4b11-bbc8-88a731e9b4ef
  4. Can i delete the %Getcurrent folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i delete the %Getcurrent folder?: [IMG] is it safe for me to delete this folder? trying to free unnecessary space and most of what i read online said it's safe to delete, but is it really? submitted by /u/Psychological_Ad3906 [link] [comments]...
  5. Related to $getcurrent folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Related to $getcurrent folder: hi i was searching to clean up my system storage so i found i have $getcurrent folder of 4GB so is it safe to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-getcurrent-folder/8d9ba9ec-3536-4ace-8361-211a3cc58921
  6. I can not delete a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not delete a folder.: After moving all my files to a new folder I can not delete the old one. So here's my story. My user folder is incorrectly spelled Zebed instead of Zebedee. So I made a new folder and moved everything. After moving everything to the new folder named Zebedee I realized that I...
  7. $getcurrent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    $getcurrent: I just deleted this folder as I didn't recognize it and it had a relatively new creation date. and I removed it from the recycle bin. am I going to have a problem with it, and any idea what it is related to. 74979
  8. [Newbie]can i/should i remove "C:\$GetCurrent"

in Windows 10 Support
    [Newbie]can i/should i remove "C:\$GetCurrent": is it safe what is it used for 78378
  9. Delete $GetCurrent folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete $GetCurrent folder in Windows 10: How to: Delete $GetCurrent folder in Windows 10 [img] Information The $GetCurrent folder is a hidden folder that is created in the root directory of the C drive during the upgrade process. The $GetCurrent folder contains log files about the last Windows 10 upgrade...
  10. Can i Delete this Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i Delete this Folders?: Can i Delete Folder $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS on C: Drive? 9888

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is $getcurrent