Windows 10: getting a black screen whenever my pc updates

Discus and support getting a black screen whenever my pc updates in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Okay i really need some help here. I have no clue what to do. Im not super familiar with how to diag pc's and all but im also capable of learning.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Jay510, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Jay510 Win User

getting a black screen whenever my pc updates

Okay i really need some help here. I have no clue what to do. Im not super familiar with how to diag pc's and all but im also capable of learning. Anyway, Im always getting a black screen whenever my pc updates. This is a brand new fresh built pc for those havent seen my previous post, and i have one monitor and one gpu. & i have to always delete my partitions from my ssd and reinstall windows every time just to get back into the main screen. A friend had told me that i should download the driver uninstaller app for windows which I did, but the nvidia driver always auto updates no matter what even if i hide the update & i feel like thats the problem. anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?

:)

Jay510, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 16, 2018
  4. getting a black screen whenever my pc updates

Black screen after update

Hello,

The update that you installed in your Windows 10 might have resulted to a software conflict. What we recommend is that you start your PC in safe mode from the sign-in screen.
    Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. Here are the steps:

• When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select the Power
      icon > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or
      F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

Once your computer is in safe mode, we suggest that you follow the guide-through troubleshooting steps provided in this article below.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Vanessa Oca, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

getting a black screen whenever my pc updates

1. getting a black screen whenever my pc updates - Similar Threads - getting black screen

2. Black screen whenever i update driver for intel graphic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen whenever i update driver for intel graphic: Hello , i have a problem on my gaming laptop, i format it recently and while updating drivers I got a black screen, can’t update drivers for my intel graphic 630, the PC restart many times and solve the problems by uninstalling the driver, my PC work fine without the intel...
  3. Black screen whenever i update driver for intel graphic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen whenever i update driver for intel graphic: Hello , i have a problem on my gaming laptop, i format it recently and while updating drivers I got a black screen, can’t update drivers for my intel graphic 630, the PC restart many times and solve the problems by uninstalling the driver, my PC work fine without the intel...
  4. A windows update just black screened my pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A windows update just black screened my pc.: I had a ton of other problems before, like my mc store not being able to download ANY applications and now after a windows update decided to brick my pc I'm left with nothing. PLEASE microsoft, don't start handing out ipdates left and right without even knowing if they work...
  5. Whenever I boot up or restart my PC I get this black screen with my curser then I have to...

Whenever I boot up or restart my PC I get this black screen with my curser then I have to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxsbc9/whenever_i_boot_up_or_restart_my_pc_i_get_this/
  6. Pc gets black screen after log in

Pc gets black screen after log in: I’ve tried troubleshooting, and restating it any tips? submitted by /u/_Black_Tiger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcz0u9/pc_gets_black_screen_after_log_in/
  7. My pc keeps getting black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc keeps getting black screen: So i decided to build a new pc last week and i was really excited. I took stuff like the cooling and gpu from older pc since those parts are still brand new. But for some reason when i play games i get lag and then black screen... It works a second after but everything...
  8. bsod screen whenever power on my pc.

bsod screen whenever power on my pc.: I keep getting the screen your device ran into some problems and needs to restart. stop code microcode revision mismatch. I only can access the bios at the moment. I've been trying to get it into safe mode but I keep getting looped backed the blue screen everytime....
  9. my pc goes black screen whenever I launch agame

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc goes black screen whenever I launch agame: Hi guys I got a problem regarding my display, when ever I play a gameany game my pc goes black, even when I went to change my refresh rate it went black as well, i have an rx 570, what should I do??...
  10. My pc get's a black screen but my computer is still running

My pc get's a black screen but my computer is still running: Hello to anyone who reads this So for about 2 months my Computer will randomly go black on my screen and the keyboard wouldn't respond and I will hear sound for about 5 seconds. This is a custom built by me Here are my specs (amd Athlon 200ge @3.9ghz gigabyte...