Windows 10: Getting a media disconnected message on Windows 10

Discus and support Getting a media disconnected message on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Dell XPS13 laptop has problem connecting to the internet through my cable modem. I read a prior thread and ran the netsh and ipconfig commands as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaAdams4, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Getting a media disconnected message on Windows 10

My Dell XPS13 laptop has problem connecting to the internet through my cable modem. I read a prior thread and ran the netsh and ipconfig commands as Administrator. While I was in run, it told me that the Media was disconnected. I only have this problem on one device. I even have trouble getting to gmail at times. I have re-booted the modem, WPS'd it, re-booted the laptop, ran the suggested commands, forgot the network and re-located it. Any suggestions?

:)

LindaAdams4, Jul 5, 2018

2. Getting a media disconnected message on Windows 10

Hi Linda,

There are many factors why you are getting the "media disconnected" message. The link below provides you with information as well as a logical troubleshooting steps in order for your Windows 10 to get connected once again. Click the link to begin your troubleshooting
    process.

Fix network connection issues in Windows

Kindly reply to this thread for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 11, 2018
  3. "media disconnected" error message on Windows 10.

Hi,

I tried all the steps. When i was doing this

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    In the third step, ipconfig/ rease no operations can be performed as media is disconnected. This error comes for Bluetooth, wlan and wifi all.

I tried troubleshooting network adapter also but in vain.

Please let me know the next steps.

jigyasujuneja, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Getting a media disconnected message on Windows 10

Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Getting a media disconnected message on Windows 10

1. Getting a media disconnected message on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Getting media disconnected

2. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media disconnected: Unknown adapter Local Area Connection 2: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : lan Wireless LAN adapter...
  3. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media disconnected: Hi.my internet connection thru wi fi stopped,and for few days I try all kind of trials from net,but not successful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-disconnected/38610fe7-e3cf-4b62-b274-e36142fd6857
  4. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media disconnected: I've run through all of the option to reset my IP address and continue to get the media disconnected error. I've reinstalled the the inter wifi driver and run through all of these steps...
  5. Media Disconnected

Media Disconnected: Hello, My Windows 10 Surface Pro was saying thay DNS could not be found. I tried renewing IP, but it said media disconnected. I performed all the possible I could find online, but none of them worked. My internet is being spotty, but when it works on my phone, it fails on...
  6. Media disconnected

Media disconnected: Upgraded to windows 10 in Feb 2020, after the July updates my internet suddenly stopped working and would not connect to the available networks. After a few days it stopped finding networks altogether. I have tried wired, wireless and hotspot connections, updating drivers,...
  7. Media Disconnected on Windows 10

Media Disconnected on Windows 10: Hey guys. Recently I did ipconfig /release in my command prompt because I was having issues, Upon doing this and doing ipconfig /renew it said "No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected." I still have my IP Address and stuff but media is...
  8. Media Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Disconnected: So I uninstalled my ethernet driver in my device manager and a website said the driver was supposed to redownload once my laptop restarted but it still hasnt shown up in my device manager. I originally uninstalled it because I had an ethernet connection the whole year and...
  9. Media disconnect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media disconnect: For months (since downloading MS upgrade) all of my media has been disconnected.I have tried following troubleshooting per Microsoft solutions to no avail. Realtek disconnected, local area connection *10, *11, wi-if adapter, local area connections all disconnected. How do I...
  10. Media disconnected error message on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Media disconnected error message on Windows 10: [ATTACH] A PC without an internet connection is pretty much useless these days, and if you are having problems getting connected to a network and can’t get onto the Internet, don’t panic. There are few basic things you need to check [...] This post Media disconnected error...