Windows 10: getting a runtime error while opening msconfig

Discus and support getting a runtime error while opening msconfig in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having a big issue guys. Not able to open device manager, disc management or any of those administrative tools. Main thing is that I'm getting a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dwaneatm, Sep 8, 2015.

1. dwaneatm Win User

getting a runtime error while opening msconfig

Having a big issue guys. Not able to open device manager, disc management or any of those administrative tools. Main thing is that I'm getting a runtime error every time I try to open msconfig.

Runtime error!

C:\windows\system32\msconfig.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Running Windows 10 build 10532

:)

dwaneatm, Sep 8, 2015

2. NVIDEA Display Driver Service make LogonUI boot error!

When I enable, NVIDEA Display Driver Service in System Configuration (msconfig),

I get error on boot, Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library:

Runtime Error!

Program C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogonUI.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an

unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more infomation.

Build 14257.

SupermHawk, Sep 8, 2015
  3. C++ runtime error

i am trying to find out why i am getting a runtime error when trying to run msconfig on windows 10
    getting a runtime error while opening msconfig [​IMG]

dannygrenier, Sep 8, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi dwaneatm and welcome to TenForums.

Are you able to run the system file checker?

simrick, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

1. getting a runtime error while opening msconfig - Similar Threads - getting runtime error

2. "Runtime error!"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Runtime error!": I installed a game on Steam last July. It has run perfectly (over 400 hours of game play) until last month. Suddenly, when I start the game, I get a message box: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error! This application has requested the runtime to terminate...
  3. Runtime error while installing game, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Runtime error while installing game, Windows 10: [IMG]i hve tried to install games.. error happen after i open setup.exe ***Modified Title from: Runtime error (1-10) Cannot Import***...
  4. Runtime Error!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Error!: Hi people I am hoping you can help me out with a problem that as of yet I have been unable to solve. I am having a Runtime Error when playing one certain game. I realise that the error is most likely due to some poor coding in the game however other people I play with are not...
  5. runtime error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    runtime error: this error shows up when i am trying to install an application of .exe format. so far i have tried clean mode but noting happened. I was not able to install this application. Please help me to rectify the same error. [ATTACH]...
  6. Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Error: Just been trying to reinstall an older game Far Cry, from a CD, needed a reinstall. Getting a 'runtime error' from the installer, ideas? Not experienced this one on this game before, ever! 51899
  7. Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Runtime Error: I have upgraded from Win 7 home premium to 10 & had continual problems, with system crashing, blurred text, fractured text, etc. (I have found a 3rd party program that fixes blurred text). Now when I right click the desktop I get a runtime error message. I also get this...
  8. Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Error: Hi Just downloaded Windows 10 onto a spare laptop to give it a try When I log in the following box appears headed Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C:\Windows\System32\atibman.exe This application has requested Runtime to terminate...
  9. msconfig error

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig error: I'm trying to check the option no gui boot, but I receive an error everytime, something like "system configuration cannot..." I'm using dual boot, windows 7 x64 and windows 10 x64 I also tried with "run as administrator" but same error Any ideas how to fix this?...
  10. Runtime error

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime error: When I'm using IE, far too often I get a box that says Runtime Error and Virtual Function Call. then it kicks me offline. What is that all about? 46821