Windows 10: Getting Access Denied when I try to copy and paste from IE or Edge

Discus and support Getting Access Denied when I try to copy and paste from IE or Edge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to copy a URL or a value from either Edge or IE 11 they either freeze up or Skype freezes up and I have to restart the program. I thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lonesoac0, Aug 15, 2017.

1. lonesoac0 Win User

Getting Access Denied when I try to copy and paste from IE or Edge

When I try to copy a URL or a value from either Edge or IE 11 they either freeze up or Skype freezes up and I have to restart the program. I thought I could work-around this issue by just making batch files that pasted the values, but then I got access denied there.

Code: C:\>echo|set/p=EatPie|clip[/quote] and I get Access Denied.

Then I tried selecting Run As Administrator on the CMD and then Code: C:\>echo|set/p=EatPie|clip[/quote] and it works fine.

Where should I look to try and adjust this setting? I cannot work like this....

:)

lonesoac0, Aug 15, 2017
  2. Ralph C. Win User

Cannot access Microsoft Safety Scanner in IE 11 or Edge. I was previously able to, but not now.

I found out how to fix the problem. I don't understand why, but, the page I was trying to access starts with http://, but for some reason when I clicked on the favorites link it was being entered in the address bar as https://. I copied the https:// address
    and pasted it into a text document, removed the "s", then copied that address and added it to the Trusted Zone in the security tab of IE's Internet options. Now when I click on the same favorites link, it is entered correctly and instantly takes me to that
    page. I then copied the correct address and pasted it into Edge, saved it as a favorite, and Edge goes to the right page also. When I tried to use Edge before to go to that address I was copying the address from IE, then pasting it into Edge. It was not
    working because when I copied it from IE it was the https:// address. Once I got IE to go to the right address, I copied and pasted that address into Edge. I guess I could also have copied the address from the text file and entered it into Edge. I don't
    know why this happened, but at least I know how to fix it in the future, as long as it is an address I trust.

Thanks for your input,

Ralph Carr

Ralph C., Aug 15, 2017
  3. Access denied message when I try to copy photos from my phone to windows 10

Sorry but the advice in that reply was not helpful at all. As I stated in my original post the problem started after installing windows 10. I have not added any new hardware or devices On the same computer with the same phone in windows 7 I could import
    photos so why not on windows 10. One of the many many annoying things about windows 10 is that when something goes wrong the error messages are useless because they do not give any details of what the problem might be. To get a message such as "there was a
    problem" or "a problem has occurred windows is checking for a solution" (which it never finds) is more and more annoying each time it happens.

Anyway I tried the solutions offered in your reply just in case and it didn't do anything. Although after running the hardware troubleshooter I was informed that it had found one problem and fixed it. Of course it didn't tell me what the problem was or what
    it had done to fix it so I am none the wiser.

Please can someone help with this problem preferably someone who has read and understood my original post.

Yours hopefully

StevenMccluskey, Aug 15, 2017
Thema:

Getting Access Denied when I try to copy and paste from IE or Edge

1. Getting Access Denied when I try to copy and paste from IE or Edge - Similar Threads - Getting Access Denied

2. WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...: WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER, I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS FILE ACCESS DENIED. YOU'LL NEED TO PROVIDE ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSION TO MOVE THIS FILE. This incident just started on my computer....
  3. WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...: WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER, I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS FILE ACCESS DENIED. YOU'LL NEED TO PROVIDE ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSION TO MOVE THIS FILE. This incident just started on my computer....
  4. WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "access denied" for MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "access denied" for MS Edge: We have a PC which uses myxfinity.com as it's internet homepage. It has Edge, Firefox, and Chrome loaded. OS is Windows 11. Yesterday, Windows downloaded updates. After that, when we attempt to open the internet on Edge we get "access denied for this server". The other...
  6. "access denied" for MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "access denied" for MS Edge: We have a PC which uses myxfinity.com as it's internet homepage. It has Edge, Firefox, and Chrome loaded. OS is Windows 11. Yesterday, Windows downloaded updates. After that, when we attempt to open the internet on Edge we get "access denied for this server". The other...
  7. when i try to copy and past - the past become jibrish

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i try to copy and past - the past become jibrish: for example if i copy sentence like " have a nice day " the past is : OAWSCM ;OSHAMIR ; OTCDGSH How do i fix it ?? It drives me crazy Thanks...
  8. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...
  9. Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question

in Browsers and Email
    Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question: If I right click in the address bar, I don't have the option of "copy" in the drop down menu. I must select "select all", right click again and select "copy". I can then paste to a new tab or other destination. Is this the norm for Explorer / Edge or is there something else...
  10. Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10?: Hi, I have just upgraded to Win 10 but now when I try to save pictures from my Nokia it says access denied, even the Nokia suite does not sync? I tried to use snipping tool to capture the dialogue box but I can not save that either, tho I have copied it below. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access denied when copy and paste of file edge