Windows 10: Getting all the updates till date at a time

Discus and support Getting all the updates till date at a time in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to do a fresh install windows10 in my laptop. After completion of the fresh installation, it will update all its updates till date which will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sam781, Oct 21, 2015.

1. sam781 Win User

Getting all the updates till date at a time

I want to do a fresh install windows10 in my laptop. After completion of the fresh installation, it will update all its updates till date which will take much time to complete. Also it will cost for data. I would like to get all the updates to install it offline. Is it possible?

:)

sam781, Oct 21, 2015

2. Firmware updates all at the same time no matter what network. a good idea?

rich_enduro---01, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Firmware updates all at the same time no matter what network. a good idea?

I've recently found the Symbian website has an idea section for future devices and i've made a suggestion for a way to implement firmware updates to all of us regardless of what network your handset is branded to. the problem is, my suggestion was met
    with a luke warm reception from the symbian staff!!
    i would appreciate it is you could spend a few seconds to look at my suggestion (in fact Godwin puts it far better than i did) and click on the green arrow to add your support for the idea. please keep your general rants in here as i get the impression
    ideas will be deleted if posts aren't in a constructive manor on the symbian board.

my suggestion can be
    found here
    . (please sign up, it only takes a second)

one thing that concerned me about the new Symbian foundation is i cannot see much representation for the end users amongst the members. they have lots of network providers listed
    and they won't be interested in implementing a different way of adding there firmware alterations. so the only way i can think of getting our voice heard is to get lots of votes on the symbian ideas board? please spread the word and get voting. in 2 days i've
    already had 2 votes saying this is a bad idea! (i bet that was orange staff voting!!)

rich_enduro---01, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Getting all the updates till date at a time

Try turning off your router. I've used that many times. *Wink

AbAppletic, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    Turning of your router is not what I would do.

Microsoft from time to time updates the release version. That means, if you update to Windows 10 by getting it from the net, you have good chances that what you get is rather new. Currently for example you do no longer get what Microsoft released as "final" version on July 29th, but you get a version with the first updates already included in it.

With future releases, chances are that Microsoft will again update the release version so that if you then download it, you again get the current version, which will be newer than the one you are getting right now.

Using the Media Creation Tool is a way to get this newest version. Note however that redownloading the complete Windows image this way will consume way more bandwidth than you would need for the download of only the later updates.

Joergi, Oct 21, 2015
  6. sam781 Win User
    Can I only have updates file time to time to install it offline?

sam781, Oct 21, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    It in fact is possible to download the Cumulative Updates from a Microsoft server and then to install them manually. However, is it really worth the hassle? Just let Windows Update do its job and it's fine. Nothing to do, nothing to worry about.

If you are concerned about transmission costs, then you should set your network connection to be "metered" - Windows will then not download updates over it. However, that way your computer will not get the latest security updates. It will then download them when you use a connection, which you have not set as "metered", maybe in a public WLAN or so.

Joergi, Oct 21, 2015
  8. sam781 Win User

Thanks for the clarification...

sam781, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting all the updates till date at a time - Similar Threads - Getting updates till

2. Date and Time not updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date and Time not updating: I have been trying to get my computer to sync to the correct time (EST). It still wants to be an hour behind. However, when I go into the settings and also have EST as "clock 2", it shows the correct time for "Clock 2". Why is it correct on the second clock, but not the main...
  3. Date and Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and Time: I'm having troubles with changing my time and date with windows 10. When ever I try to change the time zone to central US it doesn't change at all. This happens even if I enable set time automatically. Also if I set it to automatically change time zone it puts me in Pacific...
  4. date and time.

date and time.: my date and time in the taskbar has gone black how can I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time/c235de2f-d3bd-4f95-a5a8-73adf29ed4b4
  5. Date & Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Date & Time: in the taskbar I see my time as follows: 18:30 this I just how I want it. but when I boot my PC I see in the left button corner the time as 6:30 (not 18:30) my settings are as follows: Country or Region: Belgium Current format: English (Belgium) I know it's a minor problem...
  6. Get an ISO of Microsoft Office 2013 with all the updates to date

in Windows 10 Support
    Get an ISO of Microsoft Office 2013 with all the updates to date: Is it possible to get an ISO of MS Office 2013 with all the updates to date? I look everywhere and cannot find anything. Every time I install Windows, I go through the hassle of installing all these updates. Windows 10 makes it super easy because they made up-to-date ISO's...
  7. Date and time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date and time: I just want to know why notepad doesn't post a date when the file was added or if it does how do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time/14ce723e-4e60-44c4-be2f-7ef684ef49f7"
  8. date and time updating

date and time updating: Each time I start my windows 10 on my laptop Date and time does not update automatically. is this a hardware problem or it can manipulate in the setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-updating/38a629f0-0792-463d-843c-8d3548a7f8be
  9. Auto update of time and date

Auto update of time and date: Auto update of time and date has stopped working on my computer. This occurs after a cold boot. I need to keep adjusting it manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-of-time-and-date/ed8bda10-6f14-44cc-9d1f-55af22ffadea
  10. Auto update of time and date

Auto update of time and date: Auto update of time and date function is not working correctly on my computer from cold boots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-of-time-and-date/849aa002-a145-4562-836c-dd0cf3f1ea53