Windows 10: Getting Bitlocker 10 to work.

Discus and support Getting Bitlocker 10 to work. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to have full disk encryption for my work. I had to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to 10 Pro to get the Bitlocker capability. When I attempt to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FlynnAndrew, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Getting Bitlocker 10 to work.

I need to have full disk encryption for my work. I had to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to 10 Pro to get the Bitlocker capability. When I attempt to turn it on, I get the following error message - This device can't use Trusted Platform Module. Your administrator must set the "Allow Bitlocker without compatible TPM" option in the "Require additional authentications at startup" policy for OS volumes. It's a single computer so I'm the administrator. Neither the tech guys who built my computer (I have an ongoing maint/tech support) nor the tech guys at my business can figure out how to get this working. If they can't, I'm not going to be able to. The virtual agent sends me documents to read but I can't figure everything out nor can the tech guys. Can I talk to a live person to get help with this?

:)

FlynnAndrew, Jul 26, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...ith-bitlocker-recovery-on-a-slate-device.aspx

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Getting Bitlocker 10 to work.

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Getting Bitlocker 10 to work.

1. Getting Bitlocker 10 to work. - Similar Threads - Getting Bitlocker

2. Unable to get past Bitlocker on Samsung laptop using Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get past Bitlocker on Samsung laptop using Windows 11.: I have have the recovery key through MS and I have tried it multiple times without any success.I have also tries resetting the computer and wiping everything but my files and it still comes back to the Bitlocker screen.Any guideance would be much appreciated....
  3. Unable to get past Bitlocker on Samsung laptop using Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get past Bitlocker on Samsung laptop using Windows 11.: I have have the recovery key through MS and I have tried it multiple times without any success.I have also tries resetting the computer and wiping everything but my files and it still comes back to the Bitlocker screen.Any guideance would be much appreciated....
  4. How to get out of bitlocker recovery screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get out of bitlocker recovery screen: I have searched online for hours and every tutorial or fix to getting out of the bitlocker recovery screen has had the option to skip drive when pressing escape but i dont get the option please help me fix this if there is a way...
  5. How to get out of bitlocker recovery screen

How to get out of bitlocker recovery screen: I have searched online for hours and every tutorial or fix to getting out of the bitlocker recovery screen has had the option to skip drive when pressing escape but i dont get the option please help me fix this if there is a way...
  6. How to get my Bitlocker code while it is made by hackers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my Bitlocker code while it is made by hackers?: I have been hacked on a computer. Already on of my bankaccounts has been emptied. I have put two of my systems offline. I tried to make an offline scan microsoft but the computer asks me for the 48 digits Bitlocker code. I am sure that these two systems don't have any. Never...
  7. How to get my Bitlocker code while it is made by hackers?

How to get my Bitlocker code while it is made by hackers?: I have been hacked on a computer. Already on of my bankaccounts has been emptied. I have put two of my systems offline. I tried to make an offline scan microsoft but the computer asks me for the 48 digits Bitlocker code. I am sure that these two systems don't have any. Never...
  8. Not able to get bitlocker code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to get bitlocker code.: I already log in MS account, but I am not able to get bitlocker code. TraceID: jZKc1CuDSUG4qhHs.17.153 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-get-bitlocker-code/d6bfffca-4660-4c8a-a75c-6e9a19da511b
  9. Not able to get bitlocker code.

Not able to get bitlocker code.: I already log in MS account, but I am not able to get bitlocker code. TraceID: jZKc1CuDSUG4qhHs.17.153 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-get-bitlocker-code/d6bfffca-4660-4c8a-a75c-6e9a19da511b
  10. How do I get my laptop out of the bitlock recovery loop?

How do I get my laptop out of the bitlock recovery loop?: Why did my laptop go into bitlock recover mode? Entering the recovery key does not work. I tried Restarting the secure boot in the BIOS to exit the loop. It did not work. I tried removing protectors from the boot drive. It did not work. How do I get my laptop back without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. test if bitlocker is working