Windows 10: Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I've been getting a lot of these BSODs. I'll start off by explaining my usage and when these blue screens occur. Usually I have 10+ tabs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SummerPearson, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Recently I've been getting a lot of these BSODs.

I'll start off by explaining my usage and when these blue screens occur. Usually I have 10+ tabs open on browser while i'm using the net. I tend to leave the browser on and close the laptop when i'm not using it. I normally don't have to turn off/restart my laptop for weeks, and I can use my laptop every day browsing the net without issues.

Lately (pass month), I've noticed that after 2-3 days of having browser tabs open that the laptop would get sluggish and I find it takes time to open new tabs. When this happened before, I'd just close all browsers and reopen them again and it would be fine. Recently I thought it would be best to restart my laptop every time by laptop got sluggish. Now, when ever I restart after a sluggish period I get a BSOD with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" stop code.

I checked online and it said to use event viewer to see what the BSOD's were about. Opening up event viewer I'm confused about what i'm supposed to look for (the navigation in this window is appalling).

Please let me know what details i'm supposed to be looking for in regards to the BSOD's i'm having and help me fix this problem. The BSODs only happens sometimes when I restart. The BSOD occurs always just before the screen where windows asks you to put in your password. Always happens there and sometimes even leads to a loop of BSODS one after the other. Sometimes I'm lucky and it won't loop and start up like normal.

:)

SummerPearson, Jul 24, 2018
  2. ShyamBh Win User

Getting random BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Hello MS-Community,

I have been getting bugged by this for over a week now. I have a Dell 5547 laptop which had Win8.1 preinstalled in it. I installed Ubuntu over it in a different disk partition after a month of purchase. After that , I have been getting random BSOD saying
    'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. There isn't a fixed action which triggers the BSOD. I have looked up in the internet and followed one of the suggestions to run the 'Driver Verifier'. However, no luck. Even after running the Driver Verifier, it does not produce a
    detailed dump file.

It is also worth noting that I clean installed Windows 10 replacing Windows8.1. All went fine for 3 or 4 days but as soon as I installed the GRUB repair for my dual-boot in my laptop, boom! I've been getting bombed by this BSOD time and again. It is really
    frustrating.

I have attached the two dmp files along with this. One is prior to running the 'Driver Verifier' (giving the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod) and the second one is after (giving a differed bsod 'SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION').

Link to the dmp files are below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B69CgBuwDd31dG5Ldk1tRC1UX28

Please Help!

Much Thanks.

ShyamBh, Jul 24, 2018
  3. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I have been experiencing BSODs in the last 4 days.

The last BSOD showed me "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't know what happened.

(I forgot what the previous BSODs error, I believe it was not "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL").

Here is the link for my last 3 minidumps file and MSinfo32.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1MN1Ypl7R3rbmt2VEh0MWxCNzA

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Kenny Rizky, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Radit.Key Win User

Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

starting around a week ago, my computer has been getting bsod, with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

I tried and walked around the steps how to fix it, but nothing has done fixing it

I figured that I can't even check the minidumps to see something

some people are making threads and getting helped out, turned out I will try too

here's a link for the minidumps and my pc's spec : bzz.rar

thanks for the attention Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL :)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Radit.Key, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1. Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. Keep getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello,Every once in a while my PC crashes with the message stated in the title, but I can't really figure out the cause.I tried analysing it myself and only found out it's one of my network drivers I could be wrong about this though, don't know much about debugging windows.I...
  3. Keep getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello,Every once in a while my PC crashes with the message stated in the title, but I can't really figure out the cause.I tried analysing it myself and only found out it's one of my network drivers I could be wrong about this though, don't know much about debugging windows.I...
  4. Keep getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. i keep getting bsod from "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i keep getting bsod from "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": i have tried win memory diagnostic method and it didn't fix the issue. submitted by /u/MyUserName-exe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jy8v0c/i_keep_getting_bsod_from_irql_not_less_or_equal/
  6. Getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD for the last couple of months

Getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD for the last couple of months: Hi everyone. I'm on Windows 10 1903 and I've been getting BSOD referencing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL quite frequently (like 5-6 times a week). It happens in random times, sometimes in game, sometimes browsing web or even when standby doing nothing. I do not know much about these...
  7. Getting frequent BSODs - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting frequent BSODs - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10: I can't seem to remember making any new driver changes before this error started to occur. It has happened more frequently when I'm on call or when my system is idle, though I don't know how they could be related either. Here are the minidumps of recent errors -...
  8. BSOD: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I randomly get this error sometimes when I'm playing, my knowledge in solving windows errors is limited so I'll appreciate the help. Here are the .dmp files which were updated right when the crash happened. submitted by /u/Zyad300 [link] [comments]...
  9. Bsod irql_not_less_or_equal

Bsod irql_not_less_or_equal: Hello, I've been getting blue screens daily after I one day took out my GPU to clean the insides (about 8 months ago but I don't think that's the problem, I suspect a driver issue) It mostly displays "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" but I think I've received a different one every...
  10. BSOD started getting frequent - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD started getting frequent - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi all, Lately i have been getting a few BSOD's. The first couple i never saw them as i had my PC idling overnight and it had restarted. Looked in Event Viewer but nothing jumps out what the fault it so i just assumed it was a power cut or something like that. However...