Windows 10: Getting BSOD multiple times a day, with various error messages

Discus and support Getting BSOD multiple times a day, with various error messages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just built my first computer a few weeks back and have been having a lot of BSOD issues. I'm currently running Windows 10 64 bit which I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by levydoodle, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Getting BSOD multiple times a day, with various error messages

I just built my first computer a few weeks back and have been having a lot of BSOD issues.
    I'm currently running Windows 10 64 bit which I downloaded from Microsoft.com
    The BSOD seems to be happening at random times - turning the computer on, opening Chrome, etc.

I'm not sure if this is enough information, but let me know if there's anything else I should include/watch for.

Attached is my zipped dump file
    Attachment 31640

:)

levydoodle, Aug 15, 2015
  2. Massi8 Win User

BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_Error multiple times a day

Gerry, thank you for your help.

Here is the link with the files requested:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjFeXjP7qXyyhTPEGRga6feQE3OQ

Unfortunately the System Information output is in Italian (I changed the system language to English but msinfo32 doesn't seem to change). It shouldn't be too difficult to understand anyway, as the majority of terms are still in English.

Let me know if you need more.

Thanks,

Max

Massi8, Aug 15, 2015
  3. BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_Error multiple times a day

Please upload no more than three copies
    of your dump files that were created during the last 14 days as shared files to your OneDrive with a link here.

Dump files are usually found at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the files. To show hidden files select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+S, type File Explorer Options in the Search box and click Folder Options in the drop down menu. Select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and
    "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please, HTML files are less easy
    to work with.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information
    is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 15, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Getting BSOD multiple times a day, with various error messages

Levydoodle, welcome to the forums. I have looked at several of your latest dump files and they are different error codes, but most point toward the same thing.

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 109, {a3a01f5a12817771, b3b72be065015500, fffff801052fe140, 1} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption[/quote]
    Please Run Memtest86+

Getting BSOD multiple times a day, with various error messages [​IMG]

Getting BSOD multiple times a day, with various error messages [​IMG]
    Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

It is always best to run overnight. With your 16Gb of ram it will take around 20 hours to run the 8 complete passes.

essenbe, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Hey essenbe,

Thanks for the warm welcome! And thank you so much for your help! I really do appreciate it. I was really close to turning to a PC repair shop but thought I might as well try posting in here first since I was already reading so many posts trying to troubleshoot this.

After reading your response, I opened up my case to look at how my memory cards were installed. I put them in two slots that were beside each other, and after checking my motherboard manual again, I realized that was wrong. I've since moved one of them over, but unfortunately I'm still getting a lot of BSOD's.

I just downloaded the tool and installed it on a USB. I'm going to run those tests overnight, so I'll report back here when the test is done. By the way, sorry if this is a dumb question, but is it possible for the computer to crash during the tests? Or in other words, will I have to wait to see the final result on the screen or is there a report file created automatically.

levydoodle, Aug 18, 2015
  6. *update*
    Just took a quick look before going to sleep and saw this screen. Not sure if these are considered failures, so I'll let this continue running for now.
    Attachment 32426

levydoodle, Aug 18, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    You can stop the test. The ram has failed. We'll do more tests when you feel up to it. Just let me know.

essenbe, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Getting BSOD multiple times a day, with various error messages

I didn't see your message this morning so I left the test running as I went to work. Last I checked there was a lot more red on the screen.

I'll be able to run some more tests later tonight. Where can we go from here?

levydoodle, Aug 18, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    The test is to test the ram as well as the motherboard dim slots. Keep track of the tests and run 1 stick of ram in each motherboard slot, then switch. You can stop any time you see an error. A bad stick of ram will show errors in any slot. A good stick of ram will pass in each slot. So, this way you can test and make sure the dim slots are good. It is most likely the ram, but motherboards with bad Dimm Slots are not as uncommon as many people think.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Getting BSOD multiple times a day, with various error messages

1. Getting BSOD multiple times a day, with various error messages - Similar Threads - Getting BSOD multiple

2. Getting BSOD multiple times a days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD multiple times a days: My laptop been getting BSOD many times in the past few days so I tried running Driver Verifier 2 times today. The first time it showed that the problem was from "logi.lamparray.sys" and after some researches, I saw Logitech Support posted a articles about this saying it is...
  3. Getting BSOD multiple times a days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD multiple times a days: My laptop been getting BSOD many times in the past few days so I tried running Driver Verifier 2 times today. The first time it showed that the problem was from "logi.lamparray.sys" and after some researches, I saw Logitech Support posted a articles about this saying it is...
  4. Getting BSOD multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD multiple times a day: My laptop been getting BSOD almost everyday and it could happen 4-5 times a day. I did run Verifier before once and the problem was from "igovsd.sys". I reinstalled all my audio driver so it's probably fixed but BSOD still occurs as frequently so I don't know what's the...
  5. Getting BSOD multiple times a day

Getting BSOD multiple times a day: My laptop been getting BSOD almost everyday and it could happen 4-5 times a day. I did run Verifier before once and the problem was from "igovsd.sys". I reinstalled all my audio driver so it's probably fixed but BSOD still occurs as frequently so I don't know what's the...
  6. Random BSoD errors multiple times a day

Random BSoD errors multiple times a day: Hello, one PC is experiencing continuous blue screen errors, few times each day. It's on warranty period and I already changed motherboard and power supply. Also checked memory for errors with Memtest86, reinstalled Windows and updated uefi firmware, nothing helps. I'm...
  7. Random BSoD errors multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSoD errors multiple times a day: Hello, one PC is experiencing continuous blue screen errors, few times each day. It's on warranty period and I already changed motherboard and power supply. Also checked memory for errors with Memtest86, reinstalled Windows and updated uefi firmware, nothing helps. I'm...
  8. I keep getting BSOD errors multiple times a day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting BSOD errors multiple times a day.: Every once in a while my windows decides to BSOD with this error [The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000001 0x00007ff8d868cea4, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000ffff, 0xfffffb0ef0ad8b80. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  9. How to fix BSOD happening multiple times a day with various errors

How to fix BSOD happening multiple times a day with various errors: I've been having the issue the past few days of windows 10 blue screening with different errors multiple times a day. I have tried many different approaches to debugging it and have not found a solution. I have updated and reinstalled various drivers. The computer is...
  10. Getting various BSOD with multiple error codes

Getting various BSOD with multiple error codes: Hi, I've been getting some BSOD for about a week now. Usually once a day. Sometimes multiple times a day. My biggest problem is that lately, there's been no "What failed" part after the Stop Code. The last 4 BSOD I've gotten have just been KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...